Forum › The Two Sides of Seiyuu Radio discussion

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Still reeling over that subtext tag

I just noticed that. Does their relationship gs nowhere romance-wise in the light novels? If that's the case I may just drop this manga, I'm already reading too much stuff.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Rereading, that’s probably her dad right? They did say he worked on that kinda stuff don’t remember too well though, but hey it’s possible.

That's what I am thinking too. That's 99.9% her dad.

ckretaznmayden
__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

Isn't she estranged from her dad—who works in anime—or something, and the reason why she became a seiyuu was so she could get closer to him? Or am I thinking of a different work…? Sorry, it's been so long since I read this series, that I've maybe forgotten about some crucial points.

edit: Also, did the series's tag get changed from "yuri" to "subtext"? That would be very disappointing.

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 1:28AM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I just binged the whole thing today and god this is a rollercoaster. I love the character interactions between the two MCs. The way their personalities play off each other is great and I sure am hoping that this will be a yuri story.

On the events of the most recent chapters, I do think that the situation is salvagable if the anime guy is her dad. That way they could just go public, reveal that she was visiting her estranged dad and that would also help her personally as then she can be most honest about hereslf as well. Plus this whole thing could help the radio station as well as it could get some good publicity for it IF everything can be smoothed over.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

On the events of the most recent chapters, I do think that the situation is salvagable if the anime guy is her dad. That way they could just go public, reveal that she was visiting her estranged dad and that would also help her personally as then she can be most honest about hereslf as well.

Though I do believe that it is most likely her dad, it will still be hard to make the situation any better. Sure, in that case she wouldn't have slept her way up , but they could just as well claim that she only got the role because the director was her father... which wouldn't be all that positive for her reputation now, would it? It would save her from these disgusting accusations that she "betrayed" her fans by dating a man, but it wouldn't save her from the accusations that she cheated to get the role.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 1:02PM

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i just realize it.....Subtext.....it's....not Yuri...?

ah....whatever,i'll still ship them

last edited at Jul 2, 2021 12:44PM

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Stans are the worst.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

Stans are the worst.

These aren’t stans. Just overly obsessive people who don’t know the boundaries of parasocial relationships. In other words, they’re fucking psychos.

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

This hits really hard what with Suzuhara Lulu and Kiryu Coco's Graduation and the harassment they faced. Granted one of them had foreign harassers but it still hits the same.

Lulu actually had her real address uncovered and was sent death threats I believe. The idol industry is fucked up no matter how secretive you think you are. There will always be the resources to find you and absolute fucking freaks who will stop at nothing to get to it. I’m so sick of seeing all these innocent people actually fearing for their life, all because this tiny internet minority thinks they’re entitled to a stranger’s safety/feelings. These days all it takes is a few clicks or a simple google search to find out everything you don’t need to know. It’s just so shitty when it happens.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

These chapters hit really hard, the idol business is so goddamned idiotic sometimes. I hope we at least get a deus ex machina here or something reasonable that will save everything.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Stans are the worst.

These aren’t stans. Just overly obsessive people who don’t know the boundaries of parasocial relationships. In other words, they’re fucking psychos.

Stans are psychos tho. Similar to those K-pop stans that obsessively stalk their idols then act batshit crazy when they find out their idols are in a relationship or something.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 2:38AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

GOD PLEASE NO

It was all so good 2 chapters ago, and now everything goes to waste. I can't believe how everything messed up, I seriously didn't expect it. I don't think it will be bad if Watanabe and Yasumi (was that her real name or is that her idol name? It always confuses me) quit being idol voice actresses, like in spokons if the MC says "I'm quiting". Here it would actually make sense, they're always so stressed and overworked and so many other horrible things.

Ah man, I really hope Watanabe situation would get a solution.

Also, in another note, a color note even, this is so good! Like, the writing is good, the emotions feel real, nothing overdramatic, the plot is very original, the characters feel real and are really likeable. And this last two chapters (10 & 11) were OOF, SO GOOD. If we get some more material (I hope this doesn't get axed for whatever reason seems to affect every y-manga) I actually think an anime adaption would be possible and really good tbh.

last edited at Jul 3, 2021 3:13AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She's gonna make a puplic defence of yuhi?

last edited at Jul 4, 2021 7:12AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Still reeling over that subtext tag

I just noticed that. Does their relationship gs nowhere romance-wise in the light novels? If that's the case I may just drop this manga, I'm already reading too much stuff.

So the story isnt Worth your time if it doesnt end with a "I love you"?

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I kinda feel like the axe is coming for this manga
Or has already come

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Some people missed the news so let me repeat. The manga is ending next issue at chapter 16 (translation is 4 chapters behind). So 3 volumes in total.
https://twitter.com/uMeMi_M/status/1409316098349010946
It was bound to happen. Very few of these LN adaptations go all the way.
That said, the source material is still going on, so you better pray for it to get an English translation, or better yet, an anime.

last edited at Jul 5, 2021 8:40PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

So the story isnt Worth your time if it doesnt end with al "I love you"?

I read gay romance manga for the gay romance, yes.

or better yet, an anime.

This wouldn't help, really, since anime adaptations of LNs also virtually never cover the full source material.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

It seems pretty Angsty to me. I forget how many "As" you put in the Aaangst tag. It's excellent, I hope I find a couple chapters of the LN translated, or it gets licensed.
When I started reading yuri (and this was one of the first places after the Marimite books), I don't think the drama would have been nearly so blunt. Compare Torii Eriko's situation in Itoshiki Saigestu (Maria-sama ga Miteru).

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

Holy fucking drama, it's like the characters are there just to act as catalysts for drama. It's like it would die if a chapter doesn't have drama. Gets pretty boring.

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

the power of yuri will solve everything watanabe and yasumi will just kiss in their twitter account to solve everything.

Icon
joined Aug 19, 2021

Just noticed the Chinese translation of the LN is currently up-to-date(1st volume licensed in Taiwan + 4 more fan translated volumes). So if anyone can read Chinese but not Japanese(Pretty sure there are like only 2 of them here), and is interested in this series, go check it out!

last edited at Sep 27, 2021 10:06PM

Mitsuki%20kaicho%20small
joined Jan 1, 2021

Stans are the worst.

These aren’t stans. Just overly obsessive people who [...]

the thing is, "stans" comes from the eminem track "stan" about an obsessive fan. im sure it has a broader meaning now that includes much more positive things, but yeah i feel like the word is appropriate for the crueler & more entitled sides of fandom tbh. i suppose you could say the same about "fan" itself coz it comes from "fanatic"

212876479_179466137534016_1538538010068516130_n
joined Sep 11, 2021

Just noticed the Chinese translation of the LN is currently up-to-date(1st volume licensed in Taiwan + 4 more fan translated volumes). So if anyone can read Chinese but not Japanese(Pretty sure there are like only 2 of them here), and is interested in this series, go check it out!

hello, don't you have the link to read it?

Lol%20eiko
joined Mar 29, 2021

Some people missed the news so let me repeat. The manga is ending next issue at chapter 16 (translation is 4 chapters behind). So 3 volumes in total.
https://twitter.com/uMeMi_M/status/1409316098349010946
It was bound to happen. Very few of these LN adaptations go all the way.
That said, the source material is still going on, so you better pray for it to get an English translation, or better yet, an anime.

Arrrgggh, man I was just getting really invested into this series. Well, probably due to that announcement, the translator dropped it, which is perfectly reasonable. Time to search for any morsel of translated LN or hope it actually gets onto the screens cause this was just getting pretty interesting. Most likely have to wait it out for a bit considering it is a pretty new series.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Two wholly realised leads growing closer by spending good times and bad times together. A consistently moving plot tying in with obvious emotional payoffs for those leads, even when totally divorced from the romance itself. Topical commentary brought forward only when relevant to the plot and characters. No silly distractions or meaningless characters (mostly...). This is like, super good. I'm way bummed out we don't have much proper yuri like this. Anyone who hasn't read it yet should give it a shot. Seriously, it's super good.

While I do think the story trends toward them getting close a little bit too quickly, the push and pull of their relationship is really adorable so it's kinda whatever. There's also this constant tension that has some really satisfying climaxes. That fist bump at the end of chapter 4 might be my favourite scene. Way too many great ones to choose from, though.

On the downside, chapter 8 was terrible. Others have said enough on that topic for me not to bother retreading it, though. I also found chapter 11 to be a total downer for a variety of reasons, but it's impossible not to love a girl with a good punch. And! With a handful of chapters left, there's still plenty of time for this adaption to have a really satisfying end.

Anyway I got too tired to finish this coherently. This should be tagged Yuri. Shame on whoever changed it! Cowards!

last edited at Nov 12, 2021 2:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.