Forum › Asumi-chan Is Interested In Lesbian Brothels! discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

I feel like the odd one out, but I didn't mind that their meeting got postponed. I enjoy the basic premise of this series and it's most likely going to wrap up once they meet, so I like that we're getting at least one more volume. It's also nice that Mai was introduced in the present some time before she actually meets Asumi so that it's easier to see what her deal is and care more about her. I get the frustration over the long wait between chapters, but I'm so used to that from many series I've followed that it doesn't really bother me.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I feel like the odd one out, but I didn't mind that their meeting got postponed. I enjoy the basic premise of this series and it's most likely going to wrap up once they meet, so I like that we're getting at least one more volume. It's also nice that Mai was introduced in the present some time before she actually meets Asumi so that it's easier to see what her deal is and care more about her. I get the frustration over the long wait between chapters, but I'm so used to that from many series I've followed that it doesn't really bother me.

There are more and more people with thinking like yours in the thread, so you're definitely not alone. I also follow series with long waits, and the wait doesn't bother me. What bothers me is building up to a specific situation, having a long wait in between, and then having that build up be entirely pointless. Their meeting could have gotten postponed for better reasons, or maybe not set up at this point in time and instead set up later, and various other ways to go about this.

Also I'd personally prefer it if the series got past the meet up, and found a new goal to work towards afterwards. The author could have the series go for a couple of volumes even after they meet up, explore how all the characters interact together, expand on the main pair and if they actually get together or not, side pairs, and so fourth. The art is nice, I just think the author could handle expectations and pacing better. Especially with this frustrating turn of events.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 5:24AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

There are more and more people with thinking like yours in the thread, so you're definitely not alone. I also follow series with long waits, and the wait doesn't bother me. What bothers me is building up to a specific situation, having a long wait in between, and then having that build up be entirely pointless. Their meeting could have gotten postponed for better reasons, or maybe not set up at this point in time and instead set up later, and various other ways to go about this.

I understand, but I think it still served the purpose of showing what Mai is up to and how she feels, and she had to be aware of Asumi's presence for that to happen. Of course, the way the rug got pulled from under the readers is an old dumb cliché, but it's the kind of dumb I expect from this series since its entire premise is. I'm not holding it to a high standard for writing.

Also I'd personally prefer it if the series got past the meet up, and found a new goal to work towards afterwards. The author could have the series go for a couple of volumes even after they meet up, explore how all the characters interact together, expand on the main pair and if they actually get together or not, side pairs, and so fourth. The art is nice, I just think the author could handle expectations and pacing better. Especially with this frustrating turn of events.

I'd like that too but it's not usually how it goes in this kind of series so I'm not expecting it. It might have to take a bit of a weird turn to get there as well, the premise should be fulfilled once Asumi and Mai meet since Asumi started doing this brothel crawl specifically to find her. Either they start dating once they meet, in which case it would be strange for both of them to keep doing what they're currently doing, or they agree not to and Asumi still keeps hiring prostitutes because she likes it, but in both cases I'm not sure what new goal to work into it.

13320157_522707027938643_73759181_n
joined Mar 31, 2018

COME ON MAN THEY WERE SO CLOSE TO MEET

joined Sep 27, 2017

I understand, but I think it still served the purpose of showing what Mai is up to and how she feels, and she had to be aware of Asumi's presence for that to happen. Of course, the way the rug got pulled from under the readers is an old dumb cliché, but it's the kind of dumb I expect from this series since its entire premise is. I'm not holding it to a high standard for writing.

I think there was probably a better way to convey those feelings however, and introduce Asumi's presence to her. Also sure there are clichés here and in pretty much every story out there, I don't mind clichés a lot of the time, especially if they're done well. I'm also not expecting a grand piece of art from this series, I still think this particular cliché is extremely frustrating and a good way to disappoint your audience. Sometimes old tricks should be retired.

I'd like that too but it's not usually how it goes in this kind of series so I'm not expecting it. It might have to take a bit of a weird turn to get there as well, the premise should be fulfilled once Asumi and Mai meet since Asumi started doing this brothel crawl specifically to find her. Either they start dating once they meet, in which case it would be strange for both of them to keep doing what they're currently doing, or they agree not to and Asumi still keeps hiring prostitutes because she likes it, but in both cases I'm not sure what new goal to work into it.

Yeah often series end when getting to the initial goal, but that's why I think if the author got to the goal quickly they could surprise us with a turn of events, and some new goal to work towards. I'm not sure what that goal would be either, but I think a talented author could surprise us with an interesting new goal that we might not expect.

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

You know, I thought it was funny.

6f26d68ee1a36aae713ea761c5e939e5
joined Jul 18, 2017

Some of yall are taking this too seriously, It's funny chill. I'm sure there's a reason for it and they will meet later. I'd like to see her meet more girls before mai anyways

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I came to read the comments because I KNEW something would go wrong, I don't mind much if MC meets other girls, or meets the one she's looking for, this is a bit of a silly manga so I really don't care anymore, I just like the drawings. xD

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Ah, damn fever.
Still, it was pretty cute and funny how they were looking forward to meeting eachother.
Can't wait for more.

WhereDaYuriAt
Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

More dirty pool! Let the peanuts meet each other.

joined Nov 21, 2018

Given the name of the series, Asumi meeting Mai too soon would probably be the end of it because it'd take away her reason for being interested in lesbian brothels. If things are dragged out a bit longer, maybe she'll have more reason to stay interested beyond just finding Mai.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Some of yall are taking this too seriously, It's funny chill. I'm sure there's a reason for it and they will meet later. I'd like to see her meet more girls before mai anyways

I don't think people being frustrated is taking it too seriously, it's a perfectly valid stance. Just like people that enjoyed this chapter are also valid.

last edited at Jun 2, 2021 1:29PM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

LMAO-

joined Sep 13, 2018

i waited a long time for this encounter and author pussy out from it.
What i fear is that FeMC gets too experienced that the other girl cannot make her feel good , i mean the tomboy overdid it and made her being unable to move for a while , dont know if the childhood friend can do better than that.
Im totally seeing FeMC becoming the top in this situation.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^
Once that happens, we then follow Mai on her training arc where she travels to lesbian brothels all around the world to pick up on all the local techniques until she's ready to come back and win over Asumi in bed.

joined Jan 6, 2017

^
Once that happens, we then follow Mai on her training arc where she travels to lesbian brothels all around the world to pick up on all the local techniques until she's ready to come back and win over Asumi in bed.

Followed by Asumi topping the fuck out of her regardless

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I don't think people being frustrated is taking it too seriously, it's a perfectly valid stance. Just like people that enjoyed this chapter are also valid.

I'm largely upset as this basically means any time it's hinted that they may meet up I'd be expecting them to pull the rug again. No buildup will have any payoff. I was always more interested in the two of them meeting up than any of the rest of the manga, and now I would have any incentive to continue reading as there's no guarantee anything will ever payoff. It's a sad method of stretching this out longer than it should if the meetup is the actual point, and it's obvious now that that isn't the actual point of this manga, and thus I'd rather not keep reading.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Imagine being mad to have a longer yuri. Like, you realise the manga would end shortly after they meet and do it right ?Making them meet that early who have make the manga really short. I can't believe peoples rather have less yuri.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Then the author shouldn't have teased it so early. If they actually met, it would've been over too soon. Teasing it only to jerk it away at the last second is just as bad. Better to pretend it never happened and go on with the story as usual.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Then the author shouldn't have teased it so early. If they actually met, it would've been over too soon. Teasing it only to jerk it away at the last second is just as bad. Better to pretend it never happened and go on with the story as usual.

How many times there were a false hope of a confession before the real one happen ? Like just see Can't defy the Lonely girl where you thought she would confess, just to ask to be friends. If the meeting happened, either it was axed or the author planned to be short. Like a fake out call is a textbook trope this early in a manga.

joined Sep 27, 2017

Exactly what Bitfarb said.

I'm at this point repeating myself a bit, but it's not that I want there to be less Yuri, I'm simply frustrated with how the author handled this chapter. The author could also have them meet up early and expand the story from there. Going past the initial starting goal into a new direction. As I've said before, I know series are often short and end when they reach the initial goal, but they also don't have to end. The author could easily have the meet up early and go from there.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Followed by Asumi topping the fuck out of her regardless

Please go away, Pokémon anime writers.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

The only reason I am frustrated is because the releases are rather slow :/

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

lmao didn't expect everyone in the comments to be so mad after reading this

Author troll level confirmed OVER 9000

That said, I'm amused at how people bitch so much about this.

You know how, when a story is gaining momentum and going well and then it suddenly ends, everyone complains bitterly that the series got the editorial AXE?

This is the opposite. It looks like the author was getting ready to reach the conclusion in this chapter or the next but the editor asked her to keep on truckin' (because the manga is popular and selling well) so she rewrote the plot: she made up some excuse to cancel the Mai/Asumi date and send Mai on a vacation for a month, and thus put the conclusion in indefinite hiatus -- as now Mai won't be able to come between Asumi and her hookers for the next several weeks!

Honestly, I thought everyone would be jumping up in joy... I mean, if a series this good is continuing instead of ending, isn't that a reason to celebrate?

But lo and behold: the forum is full of comments bitching and whining about it.

Dynasty Forum: the place where a manga author just can't win no matter what.

To reply you must either login or sign up.