Forum › The Beginning is Always Like This discussion

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I'm really interested to see the turn. Will the boy be upset with his friend? Obviously, Sato's gonna be upset when she finds out why all of this is happening. Ntr tag when??

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

A mulberry is a tree, Kuwabara is a man. And I'll prove it!

joined Mar 8, 2020

wonder if author gonna continue this one day, last update with chapter 3 was in october 9th and nothing since then, unless this was just it

last edited at May 16, 2021 2:43PM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

I really find the male friend character pointless and frankly annoying. He’s only there to build some drama so mc can realise she likes tsundere girl.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

wonder if author gonna continue this one day, last update with chapter 3 was in october 9th and nothing since then, unless this was just it

Well, the couple of illustrations from May may give some hope to see more, at least...

I really find the male friend character pointless and frankly annoying. He’s only there to build some drama so mc can realise she likes tsundere girl.

Is he really pointless if even you yourself point out that she needs him to realize her own feelings? Sure, it would be nice if she could do this on her own, but not that easy when you expect to be straight "like everyone else". Not to mention, she wouldn't even have talked to her in the first place without his request.

last edited at May 16, 2021 2:50PM

joined Mar 25, 2019

He’s only been in like 4 panels lmao chill. And he’s a necessary component of the story’s hook, the entire concept of the manga literally wouldn’t exist without him. Drama isn’t necessarily bad, it could be interesting and a good way to develop characters, not every yuri needs to be a slice of life with no conflict.

Relopokilolo
Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Probably the first time ive seen the "friend asks other friend to wingman" event happen in a yuri manga

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Eggon posted:

He’s only been in like 4 panels lmao chill. And he’s a necessary component of the story’s hook, the entire concept of the manga literally wouldn’t exist without him. Drama isn’t necessarily bad, it could be interesting and a good way to develop characters, not every yuri needs to be a slice of life with no conflict.

Wait... the friend was a guy? I totally thought they were a tomboy...

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

These chapters seem to have rather abrupt endings to me.

She comments about him going to a co-ed school so just find a girl there instead. Least this is the part that confirm him to be a boy to me.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Imagine finding out that someone only became friends with you just so they can introduce a guy to you

Img_20210826_205427
joined Jan 24, 2021

this good

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I don’t want to believe that this isn’t updated yet again by the author, but I read the raw of chapter 3 on pixiv last night ugh... anyway, I’m totally liking Sato lol her reaction was so funny

last edited at May 16, 2021 8:18PM

41wofzlwvjl._sl500_ac_ss350_
joined Mar 15, 2020

Imagine finding out that someone only became friends with you just so they can introduce a guy to you

as a lesbian myself, it would be awful.
this kinda happened before? yes
but I was totally closeted so was not the girl's fault

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I want some stupidly huge roll cake !

This seems really cute, at first I wasnt sure if her childhood friend was a boy or a girl, I'm hoping they're a boy so when he ultimately gets rejected then I won't feel as bad.

But lesbian awakening with a relatively realistic kind of set up with cute characters yes please!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Tbf I actually kind of see it as she also was kind of interested in what she was like, I think yeah this was the initial reason but not too long afterwards she seems genuinely curious

Though I'm sure we will have this dramatic reveal too! I'm definitely going to enjoy this ride I think

droidsurlookingfor
R2d2
joined Mar 29, 2021

She looks so much like Farlyn from Dungeon Meshi in the last panel at page 5. Wow.

joined Jul 24, 2020

nice read thanks a lot for the translation

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

With all those blushes, I don't even think the guy will have a chance.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

He a male!!?? I thought he was a she!

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Had a stupidly huge honey bun this weekend on a road trip. Here and now in large amounts.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

babydel posted:

These chapters seem to have rather abrupt endings to me.

She comments about him going to a co-ed school so just find a girl there instead. Least this is the part that confirm him to be a boy to me.

Ah I see...

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

This is so ADORABLE ;-; plz I need moarr

868e64eacaeed480084b005ae21b7c4c
joined Jul 19, 2018

Umm, gomen Yusawa, you're an unsuspecting wingman. Cuck-oo~!

joined Jul 26, 2016

Umm, gomen Yusawa, you're an unsuspecting wingman. Cuck-oo~!

"I accidentally my osananijimi with my crush, is this bad?"

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

I don't think it's a bad setup if handled properly. He's not interfering with the relationship right now, and he can act in two valuable ways: (1) being the catalyst for creating a relationship with a character the MC would normally not interact with, and (2) serving to highlight the positive qualities of the love interest in a way the MC might not have noticed on her own.
As long as he ends up supporting the relationship in the end, I'm in favor of his role in this story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.