Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

To each their own, I like that it didn't simply end once the romance was resolved, not only does it give the other characters the chance to be fleshed out more, it also lets the protagonists be shown dating. And it's still related to music and the band so it's not like it moved on to something completely different.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I am on the camp that likes the current direction and the focus on Aki

joined Jul 8, 2019

"ss is the ultimate band, after all". Let's admit it, this is made to troll yuri fans.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Battle of the bands, loser has to confess.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

omg Shiho just tell her you want to jump her bones already.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"ss is the ultimate band, after all". Let's admit it, this is made to troll yuri fans.

I don't understand why yuri fans would feel trolled over Super Saiyans.

joined Apr 6, 2013

Is it bad I am liking the Aki X Shiho stuff way more then the MC couple?

Images
joined Sep 20, 2016

Is it bad I am liking the Aki X Shiho stuff way more then the MC couple?

you and i both.

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

Are we... supposed to like Shiho? or feel sympathetic towards her? I mean like i get it, she's lying to be a dick or whatever, but man, i couldn't give less of a shits about the character. Her relationship with Aki however, is kinda saucy tho, so atleast i like that.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 12:30PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Are we... supposed to like Shiho? or feel sympathetic towards her? I mean like i get it, she's lying to be a dick or whatever, but man, i couldn't give less of a shits about the character. Her relationship with Aki however, is kinda saucy tho, so atleast i like that.

I like her, but i do see her angst as being a little to obvious and certainly I can see that "Im gonna be a bitch cause the girl I love is in love with someone else" can grate on nerves. But what can I say as my avatar shows I just have a thing for angsty self-destructive people.

Sarah of the Night
Kaijuislandfuruka2
joined May 12, 2020

what percentage of yuri have best friends getting the girl? this is depressing.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I don't understand why yuri fans would feel trolled over Super Saiyans.

Because everyone knows that Goku/Vegeta slashfic doesn't belong here, obviously. That's more for sadpanda.

(Also I might or might not use chapter 22, page 15, panel 1 to troll /u/ next time that LL is mentioned...)

joined Jul 21, 2020

(PTbr)
Mano eu n to nem brincando, eu cairia no soco com essa biscatezinha juro juro. O problema é q o grupo provavelmente seria desclassificado, ent eu cometeria o clássico "Eu, tu, 5 minutinho de soco lá fora sem nem esse ngc de perder a amizade pq cada soco seria na pura base do ódio", ia perder 5 dente essa bonita, q fia da peste da mulesta, n tem como.

Eu tava q nem o olaf na página 40 adiante.
"Bate... é só bater. Pq q ela n bate...?
Será q ela sabe bater?"

Loguei só pra quotar e dizer que não tava esperando tal diálogo no meio da discussão kkk

Anyways, I think the next stuff that will happen are: Aki and Shiho resolves their sexual tension and get together (or maybe just become friends again, because such is the pace of yuri), Shiho will want to come back to SS girls and Aki will be in the crossfire between the girl she has liked for somewhile and the other she realized she liked as well (or just regained their, ugh, friendship back) regarding who will stay on the band when it was plausible for both to be on it, for Shiho needs the spotlight and Yori could take a break from it, since she has already won Kino's affection and the right to hold her hand, the most intimate action a yuri couple can share.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

[...] Yori could take a break from it, since she has already won Kino's affection and the right to hold her hand, the most intimate action a yuri couple can share.

Everything else aside, I don't think Yori taking a break would be a good solution here, seeing how she herself started out feeling uncomfortable performing in front of others. Wouldn't want to take all she's gained away from her now. Nothing wrong with having two vocalists, though.

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

Remove the puppy 1st year girl and the story remain the same ._. totally forget about her existence

joined Mar 20, 2021

" If you don't love me i gonna make u hate me " is kinda vibe i get from Shiho, either way she would get attention from Aki

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

She probably left because she didn't want to be associated with a band with the initials 'SS'

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

They'll change the initials to LL, obviously.

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

Zzz...

If you want to tell the story of other couples then the right way to do it is the canno style, not forcing characters into the main story.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Took me a bit to catch up, but I'm glad I did. I really like the story so far, and I'm glad we're getting more characters and a possible love interest for Aki, cause man does she need a break

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Remove the puppy 1st year girl and the story remain the same ._. totally forget about her existence

Seriously? When that puppy girl is one of the two main characters?

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Just got caught up, and I'm...a bit torn with the story. The early chapters in Volume 1 and early Volume 2 kept a smile on my face almost the entire time. Now, the drama is trickling in and...it's beginning to clash with the art style and pacing a little. It doesn't feel forced, per se, but...something about it still gives off a bad vibe. I can't explain what it is, though.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Lmao, started reading this today and while I do find Yori and Hima incredibly cute, Aki for me is like the soul of this manga and definitely my favorite character so I'm super happy that she's getting her own arc right now. Most other series would've let her rot in a corner as the losing girl so it's refreshing to see her getting proper character development.
Also loving Shiho and the dynamics in her band too, hope we'll see more of them because it seems to me that Momoka and Hajime are kinda the same as Aki and Yori, can't wait to read more!

last edited at May 3, 2021 11:11PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

It seems like the pages are in the wrong order, I'm assuming it's because they're not numbered as 01,02,03,04 etc you know with the 0 at the start.

It was a trip to read like that but still a nice chapter, you know I like that whatever drama those two have has absolute no impact on the protagonist love, they can keep being lovely dovey while the plot moves forward. I still think is a silly battle because two hard heads refused to discuss clearly but well, as long as they don't ruin the yuri is not that bad after all.

It helps that the rest of the band members aren't jerks

last edited at May 8, 2021 4:21PM

353310-my_neighbor_totoro-totoro-studio_ghibli-anime-748x598
joined Jul 16, 2013

I'm only reading this for Aki x Shiho. I can't wait to see them having an honest talk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.