Forum › I Don't Care About "Love" discussion

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

I'm getting Deja Vu from another manga

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Not gonna lie, the whole "I only love people who don't love me" thing is so stupid. If someone declaring they love you can shut off your love for them, then it wasn't really love in the first place. You liked one trait about them.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

damn I thought she was gonna kill herself after senpai rejected her, good thing she didn't though

I think being attracted to people who don't love you might be somewhat of a natural occurrence though. I've seen people say they get turned off after they find out someone likes them back. Maybe it's the part that you're chasing after someone that makes it thrilling and fun, or that you wanna flirt/make love with no strings attached. Not my cup of tea but I'm sure there are people out there are like senpai.

last edited at May 3, 2021 4:25AM

Imageedit_11_5472942776
joined Apr 30, 2018

ah

2ec2764b
joined Aug 11, 2014

Y'know, I feel like this makes sense. The dynamic between Hayakawa and Nakamukai was basically idol and worshipper. It's too one-sided of a relationship. Ironically, this returning to not being loved might actually be a good starting point for an actual relationship.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

Two weridos being weird together in weird (inapproriate) places with an arguably troubling undercurrent: The Yuri

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

she was having the time of her life, no regrets whatsoever
jump

???

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Symphogeah posted:

she was having the time of her life, no regrets whatsoever
jump

???

Because it could only go downhill from there.

Might as well end it on a high note.

(teens don't have to make sense)

last edited at May 3, 2021 11:07AM

Nekomancer47
Untitled
joined Sep 8, 2017

You know what, I just realized I don’t really like any of Mikanuji’s characters, actually. They all kind of suck now that I think about it.

The only ones that are fine are the mangaka and her editor that play games together in the other series. The rest all have this weird, unrelatable edginess to them, unrealistic drama they make for themselves, and for the most part kind of shitty attitudes/personalities that I just can’t really seem to vibe with at all.

Kinda disappointing since I like their art and do want to like their stories and characters. But even as someone who’s fine with and can enjoy flawed/“bad” characters, Mikanuji’s just don’t seem very well written to me.

As another person wrote above, it feels like Mikanuji’s just trying to be the next Kodama Naoko.

joined Oct 5, 2020

Touko-senpai, Touko-senpai is that u?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

what a mess, the part about the middle schooler killing herself because she knew the rest of her life wouldn't compare is top tier edgelord content though

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

This story was kinda disjointed and weirdly paced BUT senpai is super hot. Love her design. Reminds me of Rachel Amber, the love of my life.

Also oof "I only love people who don't love me". That didn't seem like an edgy attempt at drama to me but legit just one of those people who knows they're only attracted to people whose attention they basically have to beg for.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Reminds me of "M" by Masakazu Katsura.
I thought M was very silly, and I find this story pretty silly too.

onlyseulrene
joined Dec 14, 2019

stupid oneshots :| I love knowing we’ll never get closure !

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

Reminds me of "M" by Masakazu Katsura.
I thought M was very silly, and I find this story pretty silly too.

I think that parallel is on point.

I had troubles translating page 109, because in her inner monologue, Nakamukai uses a verb that means "to touch" usually, but can also mean "to be involved with" or even "to hurt". The author plays on the ambiguity of the verb and it doesn't translate easily in English.

So, during sex, she may actually be thinking: "Even though I don't want to be hurt/involved with her, I want her to hurt me more/I want her to ravage me more" or something.

So yeah, Nakamukai is a M.

To be honest, I didn't like that chapter that much, so it took me a while to translate it.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Maybe Hayakawa is tired of people idolizing her all the time and she felt angry with Nakamukai to the point where she wanted to correct her behavior.

Kinda what I was thinking. Maybe she's just somewhat fed up with all the constant attention and admirations. But who knows, author didn't really gave us a lot of info on her.

blackalbatross1
Da%20comrade%20bronya%20crop%20-%20copy
joined Sep 8, 2018

Page 108: "Well, that escalated quickly."

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Out of the 3 oneshots translated so far this is by far my favorite.

last edited at May 5, 2021 1:04PM

joined Feb 1, 2017

I thought she was somehow related to the girl who died but I guess not

Irreleverent
joined Nov 27, 2017

"I'm only attracted to people who don't love me," is not a sentence any writer should expect their reader to take at face value. And yet somehow here we are.

I can live with bittersweet, but this is actually straight up nonsense.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Irreleverent posted:

"I'm only attracted to people who don't love me," is not a sentence any writer should expect their reader to take at face value. And yet somehow here we are.

I can live with bittersweet, but this is actually straight up nonsense.

You could also take that sentence as, "I enjoy the conquest, not the victory."

I don't think it's that uncommon that some people would enjoy seducing other people, then lose interest once they "won".

last edited at May 10, 2021 6:04AM

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Guh! That senpai's just askin' to be in a loveless relationship!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

hm. Rereading this, the last line is extremely interesting. Senpai is giving her clear directions so that in time maybe a relationship may happen? But then Nakamukai wouldn't like her anymore. A weird paradox going on here.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

No one warned the MC about theater chicks.

To reply you must either login or sign up.