Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Boy, Im not really a fan of Novels but with this slow pace and all those suspicious spoilers tags and all the comments, it's makin me so itchy to just buy the trilogy novels from SevenSeas... Im so excited to know...

You can also read the web novel for free. Would save you money and you can just drop it if it's not for you and it would give you a better product /hj

Cant say Im not tempted but I wanna support the creators coz this is a great story. Hmm, guess I'll just buy the physical copy of the manga :)

joined Jan 6, 2017

Boy, Im not really a fan of Novels but with this slow pace and all those suspicious spoilers tags and all the comments, it's makin me so itchy to just buy the trilogy novels from SevenSeas... Im so excited to know...

You can also read the web novel for free. Would save you money and you can just drop it if it's not for you and it would give you a better product /hj

Cant say Im not tempted but I wanna support the creators coz this is a great story. Hmm, guess I'll just buy the physical copy of the manga :)

Personally I bought the Japanese novel. It helps her more directly. You can also support her pixiv fanbox (and even get access to an extra chapter ;) with that)

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Personally I bought the Japanese novel. It helps her more directly. You can also support her pixiv fanbox (and even get access to an extra chapter ;) with that)

Ah Japanese...I cant read noodles XD So I am very grateful for SSE for official translations of Yuri. And the link seems to not work on my side :(

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 6:03PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh. So I had the opportunity to skim volume 1 of the manga recently by Seven Seas. While one of the top mistakes already showed up here courtesy of Norainhere, the whole translation feels like a speedrun in every sense. I don't believe it's a product worth buying in its current form. I'm not sure what's going on with them lately, but it seems like Seven Seas is begging people to stop supporting them. Hopefully they turn it around soon.

That said, from everything I'm aware of, the Seven Seas LNs are fine enough besides the removed passages - which will be fixed soon, if they haven't been already - so I think those are relatively safe buys for those interested.

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 12:19AM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

Oh. So I had the opportunity to skim volume 1 of the manga recently by Seven Seas. While one of the top mistakes already showed up here courtesy of Norainhere, the whole translation feels like a speedrun in every sense. I don't believe it's a product worth buying in its current form. I'm not sure what's going on with them lately, but it seems like Seven Seas is begging people to stop supporting them. Hopefully they turn it around soon.

That said, from everything I'm aware of, the Seven Seas LNs are fine enough besides the removed passages - which will be fixed soon, if they haven't been already - so I think those are relatively safe buys for those interested.

I hope it gets fixed on the physical copy. They have 3 more months. And I saw that there are fixed batch of novels as stated on their site. So, Imma buy the digital first vol of LN

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Bro. I like this. I'm collecting the physical copy of the manga once it's completed.

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

Just dropping in to give an update, chapter 10 should be out sometime this week! very sorry for the delay, one of the translators' PCs died and that delayed us a tad.

Eildclrwaae1viw
joined Aug 13, 2020

tried translating chap 10 last april 20 and posted it on fb, came here to compare the tls but i guess it's still not updated :0

Ezisrudvkaylvds
joined Jan 19, 2021

I worked all night to get this chapter out within the week, if you notice mistakes that's why (also please point them out so i can fix them when I'm not painfully sleep deprived)

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

That's some cute ass familiar

E1a622a074370732fc4a098daef9fabe
joined Mar 26, 2021

Thanks for quick TL. Relaire is as cute as I would have imagined it :D

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Oh no they made a cute monster

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Relaire is gonna grow into human size and make Claire jealous with Rei, isn't she?

Maxresdefault-1
joined Mar 24, 2021

damn Relaire is cute as hell

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I’d recommend just reading the webnovel and then donating to her pixiv fanbox. The novel translators worked with Inori-sensei so it’s got her support at least.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

These chapters always feel like they go by too quickly, I’m looking forward to seeing the illustrations of these high stakes battles next chapter. I’ve already read the novels so I can’t wait to see all the hype action translated into the manga format

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"That's exactly what I want"

In more ways than one I bet...

The slime part was super adorable!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hang on a minute, if they're mock-battling each other, doesn't that mean our heroine loses either way? If she loses, she loses the bet and has to leave. If she wins, Lady Claire doesn't make the cut, whereas Rei DOES have to make the cut in order to win the bet. . . . wouldn't that mean they'd be separated?
Unless it's a round robin of some sort . . . I'm kind of assuming two rounds of fights, each eliminating half so that from 20 you go down to 5.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Was not expecting a battle between them but I am no hyped for it. Also I always love in battles when there is a somebody randomly with an announcer table. It's an unwritten requirement.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I like how Relaire's just sitting on Rei's head. In the novel I felt like Relaire ended up getting forgotten about a lot of the time, so having it appear with Rei like this is cute.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Ah Japanese...I cant read noodles XD So I am very grateful for SSE for official translations of Yuri. And the link seems to not work on my side :(

Her Fanbox is hyper translated and every post has an english version lower down. Also it has official bonus chapters you'd only see there. Although the Seven Seas LN translations also have their own set of exclusive extra chapters, so some people support via all routes.

Birdi
joined Sep 19, 2014

Nice, dueling her crush is a way to win her hearth.
Another slime related to yuri this month

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hang on a minute, if they're mock-battling each other, doesn't that mean our heroine loses either way? If she loses, she loses the bet and has to leave. If she wins, Lady Claire doesn't make the cut, whereas Rei DOES have to make the cut in order to win the bet. . . . wouldn't that mean they'd be separated?
Unless it's a round robin of some sort . . . I'm kind of assuming two rounds of fights, each eliminating half so that from 20 you go down to 5.

The terms for how someone makes the cut for the battle portion were never actually laid out, which is very tricky!

Regarding the magic system, this isn't your standard isekai so the magic system is secondary in the story. As such, it wasn't spelled out in detail in chapter one or early on. (spelling out the magic system via exposition is poor storytelling and a cheap shortcut anywho.) To add on to that, despite the author's intent through both arcs of IFTV to add clear and concrete rules to the system to make it a hard magic system, I think the magic system ends up being a soft magic system that can just adapt to the plot as needed.

last edited at Apr 25, 2021 9:03PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wow

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

this is a battle shounen now lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.