Forum › Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii discussion

droidsurlookingfor
R2d2
joined Mar 29, 2021

only KINO can come out of this.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I know Ichika is somewhat screwed up in the head too, so I'm waiting to see what happens next

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 1:04PM

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

They'd need a credit card, but in manga world, everything is possible.

Nah, they coulda used a Debit Card. Some Debit Cards like the Visa Debit Card can work on sites that only accept Credit, too. Ik this from personal experience as someone who used to use my Debit Card a lot, back in High School

Hey, what's the translation for this series name?

the official "translation" is something i like your filthy but u can basically change it to "the filthy you is the cutest" or similar.

So, basically, "The Filthier your are, the Cuter you are" or "You're so cute when you're filthy", I'm guessing? (Any Translators and/or peeps who know Japanese, feel free to correct me)

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 1:22PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Curiosity is really killing this cat (me). Like these girls are like 14 they need to calm down. where did you even buy that vibrator, Hina???

They're actually 16 or 17 but I digress. They probably got it off online purchases

Didn't they just start high school in the first chapter. I remember a mention of middle school

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

So, basically, "The Filthier your are, the Cuter you are" or "You're so cute when you're filthy", I'm guessing? (Any Translators and/or peeps who know Japanese, feel free to correct me)

The filthy you is the cutest there is.

きたない (kitanai: filthy)
君 (kimi: you)
が (ga: is/are)
いちばん (ichiban: number one, first place, at the top)
かわいい (kawaii: cute)

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

I always thought the title was closer to 'The filthy you is the cutest'. It's pretty interesting that one title has some many takes, but I guess in this case, I think we need to consider if this gets licensed that the title would get localized. So may something more along the lines of " Your disgusting self is the cutest" or something like that

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Let more drama begin.

joined Mar 31, 2017

I always thought the title was closer to 'The filthy you is the cutest'. It's pretty interesting that one title has some many takes, but I guess in this case, I think we need to consider if this gets licensed that the title would get localized. So may something more along the lines of " Your disgusting self is the cutest" or something like that

With a language as different from English as Japanese, a lot of choices are up to the translator and context. It's actually not clear if the title means something along the lines of "You're the cutest in the world when you're filthy" or rather "You're at your cutest when you're filthy", so I'd translate it as "You're the cutest when you're filthy". The Engrish subtitle that I believe the editor chose by the way is "I Love Your Cruddy." You may have noticed it on the volume covers, including one time misspelling it as Cloudy.

joined Mar 27, 2020

Shitty manga about shitty people doing shitty things to each other shittily.

(Quietly adds to favorites)

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I think we need to consider if this gets licensed

A sobering thing to contemplate.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Is it weird that I was slightly underwhelmed when Hina took out a vibrator? Like, after the diaper stuff, it seemed oddly tame. Though I guess if they go through with the exhibitionism, that would fit the series' bill.

Still, as fucked up and lacking in self-awareness as Hina is, I think her kind of fetishism is more 'normal' and easier to understand than Airi's. While Airi mainly wanted to see Hina hurt, disgusted, and humiliated just for the hell of it; Hina sees that stuff as secondary to her goal of making Airi 'hers.'

A19ded9f-54f4-424a-a03b-735668ae4682
joined Mar 31, 2021

100% a guilty pleasure series, honestly i was gonna drop it until i saw the reversal. honestly if this was romanticized in any way i would have dropped it altho i wish it was less explicit and told more thru metaphors and symbolism given that this is a very touchy topic and thing to draw!

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Oh no, Oh no, Oh no no no no.. no..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=11&v=Hr_9b-Lt-pk&feature=youtu.be

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 8:15PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

With a language as different from English as Japanese, a lot of choices are up to the translator and context. It's actually not clear if the title means something along the lines of "You're the cutest in the world when you're filthy" or rather "You're at your cutest when you're filthy", so I'd translate it as "You're the cutest when you're filthy".

Holding up a microphone. Would you like to make that official?

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

I hope that this series doesn't turn Yuu into a psychopath (it probably will though for the sake of irony of glasses whatever-the-fuck-her-name)

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

It's Comic Yuri Hime, so it'll probably happen, anyway, but I doubt it'll affect Dynasty much since Citrus and most of the other Comic Yuri Hime works are also on here despite being licensed. The Licensors are almost always behind so it always gives scanlators an avenue to keep pumping out releases, too

last edited at Apr 19, 2021 11:25PM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

They gotta remove the What the fuck am I reading tag, it gives people the wrong idea. Is not like this manga is senseless or a parody or something like that, it has a proper storyline and a very good and original plot and development. If they just remove it a lot more people in the site will start to read it

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

17hunter00 posted:

They gotta remove the What the fuck am I reading tag, it gives people the wrong idea. Is not like this manga is senseless or a parody or something like that, it has a proper storyline and a very good and original plot and development. If they just remove it a lot more people in the site will start to read it

Noted. (Though, I'm not convinced that particular tag does as much work as the first few chapters did.)

DaSupremeXtream posted:

It's Comic Yuri Hime, so it'll probably happen, anyway, but I doubt it'll affect Dynasty much since Citrus and most of the other Comic Yuri Hime works are also on here despite being licensed. The Licensors are almost always behind so it always gives scanlators an avenue to keep pumping out releases, too

Given that licensers are now removing entirely innocuous Itou Hachi oneshots from anthologies, I'd be pretty shaken if this actually got licensed.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I'd just be vaguely disgusted if (semi-entertaining) trash like this gets licensed but brilliant manga like Ikoku Nikki or all of Battan's stories don't.

And yeah, I think the comparison to Citrus is apt, because this is taking the queasy VC Andrews vibe of Citrus and dialing it up to 99 / 10. (Plz note that I am not saying that this is a bad thing, nor am I making any judgment about Citrus either. This story doesn't really float my goat but I completely understand its appeal, and am only judging its more enthusiastic fans a little in the privacy of my own home.)

MapleLovesYuri
Okay%20magge
joined Mar 5, 2021

I love how most ppl miss the point this series is trying to convey it started of such bad way that most people look it with dumb thoughts, if you actually look it philosophically it still doesn't give you anything this series is dumb in a good way and I love it

last edited at Apr 20, 2021 3:24AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Still, as fucked up and lacking in self-awareness as Hina is, I think her kind of fetishism is more 'normal' and easier to understand than Airi's. While Airi mainly wanted to see Hina hurt, disgusted, and humiliated just for the hell of it; Hina sees that stuff as secondary to her goal of making Airi 'hers.'

This so much. Hina is pretty fucked up, but Airi is definitely the shittier one of the two. Here's hoping the manga won't try to play her out as some sort of victim now. That would be disappointing.

joined Oct 21, 2013

NTR imminent.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Ichika gon fucking die lol

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

This so much. Hina is pretty fucked up, but Airi is definitely the shittier one of the two. Here's hoping the manga won't try to play her out as some sort of victim now. That would be disappointing.

I didn't mean that one was worse than the other. I'm just pointing out the difference in their motivations. I think both of them are both victims and abusers. The best ending would be for them to cut all contact and one of them to move far away, though there's no guarantee that they wouldn't just find new targets for their vices. Unfortunately, this is a manga, so therapy is entirely out of the question.

To reply you must either login or sign up.