Forum › Citrus discussion

joined May 28, 2013

Unlike most people here, I don't mind the "forced" drama. I mean if they got together so easily/soon, then the manga would be ending, right?! (:

(1)images
joined May 17, 2014

Damn !! Not even a kiss >_< but I'm still gonna wait for the next chapter :D

joined Dec 5, 2014

Saburo Uta, why ? ><

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Unlike most people here, I don't mind the "forced" drama. I mean if they got together so easily/soon, then the manga would be ending, right?! (:

Sasameki koto, Stretch, Girlfriends, Candy boy and the first half of Aoi hana would like to have a word with citrus about how to do natural relationship growth and drama right.
This is just love triangle+love triangle+pointless back to square one stuff, the characters never grow from their experiences, this is why the ending of the sakura trick anime pissed me off because it basically just reset their relationship (granted it has got much better now but that was bad), character drama can work, love triangles can work, but only when the characters LEARN from what has happened and not just go onto the next triangle because then what was even the point of it?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just want to note that my mistake from many chapters past, when I said Mei had a harem, has been justified. Mei now officially is at the center of two different love triangles!

When you can't find new tropes to abuse, recycle the old ones! And no, I don't hate Citrus.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

There is still a long way for them, even without any artificial drama. Yuzu is still pretty much in the closet, and Mei still has her heart closed. That's what I want to read about. What I don't really care is a third love triangle, that will play out just like the two before. Unless something REALLY substantial happens in the next arc, it's basically a filler.

Also, I don't dislike short manga. Given how often good, promising series, I want to read go on Hiatus, get axed, or just have their translation dropped and never picked up again by any team, I'd rather see the ending of this one that being left on an eternal cliffhanger.

Images%20(1)
joined Aug 5, 2014

Was I the only one to think that Mei was just offering sex as a way to show gratitude and that Yuzu didn't want it because she wanted Mei's love instead? Also, how is offering sex a way of showing 'a peek inside her'? If it is a literal meaning then I get it smirks but everyone knows that it meant Mei's heart.

I don't get why Mei wants to avoid Yuzu :(

joined Dec 12, 2013

I
NEED
MORE
CHAPTERS
DAMN
IT

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Okay this has been bugging me for a while now, how exactly this can be a love triangle when neither Yuzu nor Mei show interest on the so-called third wheels?
I mean, you don't call being in a relationship when a character is pinning for someone that doesn't even know of the former feelings.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Title just made me think of "winter of discontent".

joined Jan 17, 2014

great, now we have twisted fate, a loli, a super model, and maybe wincest ???

joined Feb 14, 2014

Not another rival... This time it's mei who they are fighting for

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Nope. Take Girl Friends for example.

Problems still came up even after they finally got together. It was still a great read.

Here, it's 13 chapters of the same recycled and abused cliches that prevents Mei and Yuzu from even making a decent attempt at getting together.

Also, the jump from December to February is ridiculous. This lack of communication is ughhh.

While I do love the drama, this is too much.

I'd love the series to have Mei and Yuzu grow together.

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

Ugh, another "rival" arc. They aren't so bad in general, but not back-to-back, even with a different main character. It's really starting to feel like the story is being forced, as if the author has a contract for x chapters but has run out of ideas. This is a writing 101 error too; a dramatic arc should be followed with a lighter one, to give the reader a chance to breathe and possibly reveal more of the characters' quirks and/or growth.

I'm really disappointed, because the early chapters had me totally hooked. sniff
Maybe I should jump into fanfic lol.

joined Mar 30, 2012

oh darn it, another love triangle type drama. While I love this series so much I hate it.

Was I the only one to think that Mei was just offering sex as a way to show gratitude and that Yuzu didn't want it because she wanted Mei's love instead?

That's what I thought too.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 3:09PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Cmon people! Dont let them dash your hopes, did u forget about all the possible great potential of the next chapter? hello!!! They're on a school trip! If u know anything about anime/manga some good-good is on the way...

Fairy_tail_zero_ch03_12%20-%20c%c3%b3pia
joined Dec 7, 2014

Oh no, another girl comes to get in the way, like if it wasn't enough drama between Yuzu and Mei to be resolve.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

sigh Hey look, a repeat of the same situation we basically just got through... I feel as though I just read this and nothing has changed. Sad, I loved this story when it first came out. But there's basically no progression, just repeating past things with no moving forward at all. I'm going to take my own advice, I'd bitched at people who complained about this manga in the past "if you don't like it, don't read it" and I am done with this one. I'll check it when it ends and see if anything actually happened.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Next chapter: Mei uses a new character who has a crush on the older twin girl! Love octagon abounds!

joined Aug 4, 2014

Oh, come on! Another love triangle one after another? This is lazy as hell, but I will still read it. At least here I am not yuribaited all the time (yeah, screw you, Stretch) plus I don't think Citrus is as bad as some people here say.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

ay-yay-yay... sigh new characters and ah, I knew it was going to be Mei that was that girl's "fated" person... :v stuff just got more complicated! dayum

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

Sasameki koto, Stretch, Girlfriends, Candy boy and the first half of Aoi hana would like to have a word with citrus about how to do natural relationship growth and drama right.

I literally laughed so hard at this. If you would've added Octave to the list, I think my stomach would've started to hurt. I've dropped Stretch after the first 3 chapters, but here's the thing: Sasameki Koto is 52 chapters about 2 girls, who basically realize their love for each other is mutual like 25 chapters before they finally kiss. Half the manga is spent beating around the bush and both, Sumi as well as Kazama, stupidly ignoring blatantly obvious hints the other one drops, which would have caused any other person to come out and confess already. Candy Boy is a Manga about a stupid misunderstanding, which, for some idiotic reason, causes a pair of twin sisters, who've always gotten along perfectly and who've always spoken to each other about everything, to suddenly get all angsty about their bond and stop talking to each other cause fuck logic. Girlfriends...remember how Mari got jealous when Akiko allowed that other girl to call her by the same nickname she allows Mari to use? And how Akko gets jealous because that person, who is Mari's childhood friend, spends time with Mari? Uh huh, totally natural drama. And don't get me started on Aoi Hana, starring narcissistic crybaby Fumi and I-don't-know-what-the-hell-I-even-want Akira. In fact, I loved all these mangas, but compared to Citrus, neither of them felt any more natural or less forced. Seriously, that comparison sucked.

On another note, I kind of don't see why everyone is thinking there's gonna be "another" (since, technically, the sitch with Matsuri wasn't even one) love triangle. Once Sara realizes that Mei is the person Yuzu is in love with, I don't think she'll be evil enough to try to win Mei for herself. She seems like such a good person, I think it's much more likely that she'll help Yuzu and Mei make up. Or maybe help either of them understand what the other one feels.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 6:28PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Y'know, I actually like this series, and even I think this chapter was incredibly stupid. February? They literally slept in the same bed for over a month and at no point did they even accidentally talk to each other? And we breezed over that entire time with an abrupt and incoherent montage? Fucking hell.

If you're that desperate to push them back to enough of a strained and uncertain distance for another rival arc to even make sense, what the hell is the point of letting them get closer to each other in the first place? I'm pretty sure they spent a grand total of twenty seconds actually coming into contact with each other before they flew straight back to square one again.

Why even bother? Why not just end the Mikan story with them feeling awkward and uncomfortable around each other, and then just carry THAT into February? At least that way this chapter might not have made whatever tension or chemistry they'd managed to develop up to this point feel utterly meaningless.

I mean, it'd still be super irritating to tease actual progression with existing characters and conflicts, only to spin off into a mess of new characters and suspiciously familiar plot points on literally the next page, but it wouldn't retroactively remove tension from previous chapters. Utterly futile.

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Almost passed out at the "so close" moment in the beginning! Still loving this manga. The gorgeous artwork doesn't hurt any, for sure. :D

I agree, with the opinions about Yuzu not wanting Mei to give herself like that, as a mere token of gratitude and not from the heart. Thus this misunderstanding has caused them to be apart. Ironically, Matsuri was spot-on in guessing right what the situation is like between them, advising Yuzu, if nothing else, as she doesn't understand what is going on, to go with the flow together with Mei, as it's what both of them want, but not getting the point across.

Looking forward to more chapters! ^_^

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 11:25AM

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

What the heck! Why haven't they moved past the point of not talking to each other! Neo is still confusing as always. I used to like this a lot but it seems like the author wants to milk the crap out the same style of drama -_-;;

Anyway, thank you for the chapter!

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 6:30PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.