Forum › Himegami No Miko discussion

joined Oct 13, 2014

anyone else thinking of madoka?...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Chapters 1-5 will be re-uploaded in better quality...whenever I can find those. Or MangaDex comes back, I guess.

Hitsuji Hinata
joined Apr 9, 2021

Don't they get tired of reviving them both? They could like, let they get some peace and fuck in heaven...
created an account to write this yeah

last edited at Apr 9, 2021 3:43PM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

That’s gotta be the most evil way to hold a phone I’ve ever seen xD

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

What is wrong with Chikane's breasts really
Anyway, I am a HUGE fan of Kannazuki No Miko so I am reading this!

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Can't they catch a break GODDAMN

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ultimate faces of despair on 21 and 22, sheesh.

Edit: Also yeah, wtf is going on with Chikane's chest lol

last edited at Apr 9, 2021 5:00PM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Y’all haven’t read enough of Kaishaku’s work, they ALWAYS draw Chikane with wonky badonkers :P

Nanofate
joined Sep 10, 2014

Man, Chikane and Himeko just can’t get away from all the bad stuff that happens to them no matter what incarnation! Why can’t they just have a happy life together?!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Once again we get to see cruel fate play out for these two... makes popcorn

Seems pretty 404 so far, aside from the token villagers, so that's interesting.

Also: wet cat chapter

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Everyone's talking about Chikane's chest
But I'm more troubled by Himeko's reaction in this last chapter

TheAwooMaster
A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

anyone else thinking of madoka?...

Yeah, Homura's depression vibes

joined Jun 3, 2020

How curious. The version of Chikane that has been trained to be a deadly killer since birth is the cutest version of the character.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Okay I'm way more invested in this than I thought I'd be. It's pretty good! Yea the boobs and fan service is kiiiinda distracting, sure, but the story and characters are surprisingly compelling! It kinda feels to me like some YA novel I'd have read in highschool lol

I especially love how, since its ENTIRELY from Chikane's point of view, there's always that inkling of fear that its all an act from Himeko. That she knew she'd lose so she's trying to seduce Chikane, and it's working. That's my biggest fear here, cause the bubbly wholesome parts are so much it'd DESTROY me if they were all for naught.

Also I really love this part.

In the sacred mountain legend has it that there is at the center of the island, a small island in the sea of Mount Miwa, seals the evil Japan, far away from the God Oomikami mainland

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

Okay I'm way more invested in this than I thought I'd be. It's pretty good! Yea the boobs and fan service is kiiiinda distracting, sure, but the story and characters are surprisingly compelling! It kinda feels to me like some YA novel I'd have read in highschool lol

I especially love how, since its ENTIRELY from Chikane's point of view, there's always that inkling of fear that its all an act from Himeko. That she knew she'd lose so she's trying to seduce Chikane, and it's working. That's my biggest fear here, cause the bubbly wholesome parts are so much it'd DESTROY me if they were all for naught.

Also I really love this part.

In the sacred mountain legend has it that there is at the center of the island, a small island in the sea of Mount Miwa, seals the evil Japan, far away from the God Oomikami mainland

in case you didn't know, this is like their what, 4th reincarnation they have made now? there is also an anime. anime is amazing <3 and slightly less crazy than these manga are lol. idk if it's just seeing it "live" so to speak to make it that way.
one of the mangas i just stopped reading it got so wtf, even my love for these 2 couldn't beat that craziness lol. i will always come back for them though every time they are brought to life again lol. and as for their shitty luck it literally says they are only born specifically for this, so no luck on reincarnating during peaceful times. when they are ready to really put this manga in the grave, they should end it with them breaking the cycle lol.

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 4:26AM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Generic evil girl needs to get laid. Also what's with the grade schooler assassin. e-e

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

So this is their fourth reincarnation... is this after or before the events of Kannazuki no Miko?

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So this is their fourth reincarnation... is this after or before the events of Kannazuki no Miko?

Neither. This is not related to Kannazuki no Miko. In the Kannazuki lore, the girls are priestesses to a god called Ame no Murakumo. No matter how many times they reincarnate, they always serve Ame no Murakumo.

In the Himegami no Miko lore, on the other hand, the girls are priestesses to a different god, called Oumikami. Basically, you should take Himegami no Miko as an alternate universe which doesn't have any connection to Kannazuki no Miko. It just happens to have similar characters, that's all.

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 12:00PM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

So this is a sequel to a sequel to a sequel (to a sequel?) to something I never read in the first place? Really, I shouldn't even consider reading it... but the tags are sucking me in...

F94f4454-2d43-4522-a33a-00c2b6de5666b
joined Jul 24, 2020

Imagine being so hot the assassin sent to kill you develops gay feelings
I see Chikane still needs to learn how to ask and respect consent tho.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

So this is a sequel to a sequel to a sequel (to a sequel?) to something I never read in the first place? Really, I shouldn't even consider reading it... but the tags are sucking me in...

I don't know if it's a sequel so much as a retelling/AU. But I'm in same boat, should I even consider this if I don't know what I'm getting into with history behind it?

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

I don't know if it's a sequel so much as a retelling/AU. But I'm in same boat, should I even consider this if I don't know what I'm getting into with history behind it?

As someone who has read the other material in the KnM-verse, from what I can tell so far you don't really need to be familiar with the previous material to understand what is going on. Each story is more or less its own thing.

You might "appreciate" it more if you've read/watched the original KnM at least, but I think something like this can probably stand well enough on its own that you don't absolutely need to to enjoy it.

last edited at Apr 10, 2021 10:25PM

Fbphoto
joined Feb 26, 2018

So this is, like, the fourth time Kaishaku is going to tell the exact same story with the exact same characters? Ugh, and Kannazuki no Miko just happened to be in the right place at the right time to get called "the defining, flagship, first of its kind yuri series."

Yes, I'm still totally salty over Yamibou's wallbanger of an ending ><;

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Each of the stories with these characters published/animated is like alternate universes using the same characters. It's not really a sequel/prequel, but just using the same characters in a completely new setting and story. (I'm just happy this one doesn't have mecha in it.)

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 3:14AM

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Anyone else find it kinda amusing how many people complained about Souma in the original series, so now he (or she this time) has been made into the most obnoxiously evil and sadistic motherf*cker? :P

To reply you must either login or sign up.