Forum › The Executioner And Her Way of Life discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kinda feel bad for the first guy.

I would have, if he hadn't immediately let his power go to his head and start thinking about erasing everything that would get in his way. That way lies madness and tyranny.

And love the chapter 7 credit/note page edit. :D

In the few chapters of the novel which have been translated. It's clearer, his power seems to dominate him. The innocent and guilty are no longer a problem, as long as he can make something disappear.

Not quite as obvious as it could be here in the manga if you only go by his words, yeah, but the look on his face speaks volumes.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I can't help wondering how many chapters there are supposed to be in those "Scriptures". We have three references so far, quoting chapters 1, 3 and 10. Treating this as an instance of the German tank problem, this yields an estimate of about 13-14 chapters in total (if we use the Bayesian median). However, the Scriptures look like quite a hefty tome, about the size of a typical Bible, and that contains 1189 chapters (in the King James version). There seems to be something of a mismatch.

And yes, this is a trivial point and I've obviously put far too much thought into it.

joined Nov 27, 2016

The power of holding hands triumphs yet again!
And what a sweet smile at the end

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 11:54AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Really? She has the power to turn back time, and instead of repairing the train you stop it?

I can't help wondering how many chapters there are supposed to be in those "Scriptures". We have three references so far, quoting chapters 1, 3 and 10. Treating this as an instance of the German tank problem, this yields an estimate of about 13-14 chapters in total (if we use the Bayesian median). However, the Scriptures look like quite a hefty tome, about the size of a typical Bible, and that contains 1189 chapters (in the King James version). There seems to be something of a mismatch.

And yes, this is a trivial point and I've obviously put far too much thought into it.

I'm not sure you can really apply this to the Scriptures, since we are not dealing with a production series of similar objects that are all put into use, but rather with a collection of verses with wildly different effects, some of which may be used in very different situations. Since we don't know the full extent of its power or how the verses and chapters are categorized, it's difficult to make any estimates based on the sample we have. If more important, more often used verses are for example gathered at the beginning for easier access, there may be much more in there in latter chapters we can't even begin to speculate about yet.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 12:45PM

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I have no proof nor have I read the LN, but something tells me this girl (the isekaied one) knows more than what she's leaning on.

I am guessing that, after her first death, she got her memories (or part of them) from the very end. Possibly even a bad end, and this story will be her fixing thing subtly to reach a different conclusion but from the point of view of the Priest so, until the truth comes out, she will just be "at the right time" at the right place.

Like reaching the locomotive just when she could be of use.

Original
joined Jul 10, 2018

Interesting premise, I'm definitely interested in seeing how the main pairs relationship develops as this goes along.

Smirk_small
Bewitched
joined Dec 31, 2020

I'm not sure you can really apply this to the Scriptures, since we are not dealing with a production series of similar objects that are all put into use, but rather with a collection of verses with wildly different effects, some of which may be used in very different situations. Since we don't know the full extent of its power or how the verses and chapters are categorized, it's difficult to make any estimates based on the sample we have. If more important, more often used verses are for example gathered at the beginning for easier access, there may be much more in there in latter chapters we can't even begin to speculate about yet.

Really not even a spoiler: Actually, Lizbo's estimate is remarkably accurate for as far as I've read. However, there are other things contained within the Scriptures.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 10:00PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Really not even a spoiler: Actually, Lizbo's estimate is remarkably accurate for as far as I've read. However, there are other things contained within the Scriptures.

So basically, in a way we're both right. :D

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

And here I was thinking the author simply messed up through ignorance of the Bible. Well, maybe they did a little, but if there's more in there, it's not so bad.

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Damn I like this manga a lot. Finally some kick ass action yuri and the protagonist seems to be cool. Didn't even expect the ending of chapter 1 even when I read the tags. Hope it will get even better.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1351976774981222400 Anime adaptation announced

HOLY SHIT???? Finally an action-yuri anime!!!! There is barely any yuri anime like this. I hope it will be even just a bit popular.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

I wonder what kind of conversation Akari would have if she met Yuuno(mirai nikki) and Homura(madoka magika)? oh the possibilities.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/RanobeSugoi/status/1351976774981222400 Anime adaptation announced

Ya beat me to the punch lol, just saw that myself

Really excited for it personally. There aren't enough Yuri anime out there

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

We already have our first trailer and apparently the anime is by Warner Bros Japan Anime

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

What a completely messed up world. Countdown to heartbreak.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Very interesting, and wow there'll be an anime adaptation? That's great! Can't wait to see Menou killing the first guy

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Really like characters like that teacher. The ones who understand they have a job to do, as messed up as that job is.

Tumblr_inline_nhvrix3pa41suuiq8
joined Feb 16, 2018

I have no proof nor have I read the LN, but something tells me this girl (the isekaied one) knows more than what she's leaning on.

I am guessing that, after her first death, she got her memories (or part of them) from the very end. Possibly even a bad end, and this story will be her fixing thing subtly to reach a different conclusion but from the point of view of the Priest so, until the truth comes out, she will just be "at the right time" at the right place.

Like reaching the locomotive just when she could be of use.

This right here

Trappista_cheese_original%20(1)
joined Apr 10, 2020

Flesh Golem Knight sounds like Dark Souls boss

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

LN English release pog

joined May 8, 2018

Excuse me, what?! Anime adaption?! Hell yes!!!!

TheLubeTube Uploader
Lesbianfiction!
Me-A Scans
joined Jul 27, 2018

Stunning animation budget on the latest chapter; is it to celebrate the anime adaptation being announced?

last edited at Mar 31, 2021 10:47PM

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Page 18... Please tell me I'm not the only one that seeing those dotings moving.... With everything gooing on, I'm already questioning my sanity as it is...

joined Mar 28, 2021

bruh super friends, but anime tag

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Buying a gift for your kouhai (who's on a dangerous solo mission) while you're on a date

Boy if that isn't the biggest death flag I've ever seen. I'm not a fan of Momo but I don't want to see her dead. Hopefully I'm just over analyzing this and she sticks around for more jealousy shenanigans.

To reply you must either login or sign up.