Forum › Their Story discussion

Ymir%20x%20christa%20portrait
joined Jul 26, 2011

Moar!!

joined Mar 30, 2012

I almost wish I didn't read that now, right off such a cliffhanger.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Goddamn you cliffhangers!

Cute
joined Mar 31, 2014

kyaa >_<, next chapter pls,.,..!!

Love.live!.600.1492198
joined Sep 4, 2014

I like this story, but chapters are pretty short. :/

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

Ah... UGG boots...

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I kept reading it right to left at first and the text was really really tiny so I had to zoom in the page like 10x... but this was really cute. The brunette is SO like me when I try to talk to a pretty girl.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

*I don't actually know if this is what the folks on IRC are suggesting.

We're suggesting all kinds of stuff, but most of us would probably say this works.
What happens in IRC stays in IRC, except when it's a decision that affects the site.

Who're "most of us"???????????????

joined Jun 2, 2013

I kept reading it right to left at first and the text was really really tiny so I had to zoom in the page like 10x... but this was really cute. The brunette is SO like me when I try to talk to a pretty girl.

Not sure if you tried it already or not, but the "Resize" button at top right corner does make the pages bigger for this story. Hope that helps.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The tag does make it clearer, but the tag's also a bit of a spoiler.

Give the potential confusion, I was okay with this. I was tempted to title it, "What She Thought Would Happen" just to make it clearer.

The chapter division in general is rather artificial, so I would probably agree with the folks on IRC*—rather than keeping each update as a separate chapter, it would make more sense to collapse the previous updates into chapter 1 and just keep the newest update as its own chapter.

I actually don't think that was the motivation behind what they were saying, but it's kind of difficult to explain now. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, but the benefit behind sparse releases is that there is plenty of time to think about how we can handle this.

In fact, you could probably remove the chapter numbering altogether and just have "Their Story" and "Their Story [(Date) UPDATE]".

I can say without reservation we'll be doing this from now on, thanks for the suggestion!

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

In fact, you could probably remove the chapter numbering altogether and just have "Their Story" and "Their Story [(Date) UPDATE]".

I can say without reservation we'll be doing this from now on, thanks for the suggestion!

No problem! I know Dynasty's not set up to deal with a series like this, so I can appreciate the challenges in figuring out how to present it.

Incidentally, I'd thought it might be nice to add a link to the artist's Weibo, where it looks like the comics are actually being uploaded, but I couldn't figure out if there was a way to get it to just show just posts for "Their Story" or even how to get it to order posts chronologically, so I gave up (it really seemed to want me to have an account). There may still be art on there people would want, though...

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Not a fan of slice of life, really, but I love the art.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

*I don't actually know if this is what the folks on IRC are suggesting.

We're suggesting all kinds of stuff, but most of us would probably say this works.
What happens in IRC stays in IRC, except when it's a decision that affects the site.

Who're "most of us"???????????????

The fags in the IRC (including myself).
They know who they are.

First of all I'm not a "fag". Secondly who said that what happens on irc stays in irc????????? I'm not sure why you're talking like you're a spokesperson or something because that's not really what happens in irc afaik

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 3:18PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The fags in the IRC (including myself).
They know who they are.

First of all I'm not a "fag". Secondly who said that what happens on irc stays in irc????????? I'm not sure why you're talking like you're a spokesperson or something because that's not really what happens in irc afaik

Gotta agree on the "fag" thing. I'm queer, but I ain't a fag and I really can't stand that 4chan-speak where everyone is a [something]fag.

And it's weird, I hang out in IRC a fair bit lately but I never saw much talk about the numbering there. Maybe I missed it in the middle of the night?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I like this story, but chapters are pretty short. :/

It might help if you realize they're not actually chapters. A big part of the discussion here has been about the fact the author just releases new pages as they draw them so they're getting translated the same way. Technically there is no chapter 1 or 1.5 or 2. The people uploading it here are just trying to delineate things in a way that works with how Dynasty functions without just uploading every page as it's translated since that would be rather confusing for people like yourself who aren't keeping up to date on those details.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

awww, I really wish each chapter ain't this short but its better than nothing!

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

my kokoro its gonna burst. oww.

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

Q.Q so short... It is such an interesting story!

joined May 3, 2014

gee ......i can see way the MC fall for her :3 .....she is so CUTE!!!!

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Ugh...why is she wearing Uggs.

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Really good, waiting for more of it

joined Nov 14, 2013

So ch 1.5 is non-canon per se?

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Why do the girls call her Xiao Jing when she's almost as tall as a guy?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Why do the girls call her Xiao Jing when she's almost as tall as a guy?

Presumably she wasn't always that tall, and the people around her have known her for quite a while. I get the impression the blonde dude has been her friend since they were little.

joined Dec 5, 2014

So cute, need more :D
The art is amazing, and the story is so funny.

To reply you must either login or sign up.