Forum › Their Story discussion

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Personally, I do prefer Sun Jing's style in the first chapter of the manhua to the eventual(?) masculine look she gets. But she still looks good. And hey, queer ladies come in all styles. It's nice that there's a possibility(?) of inclusive gender expressions.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I rather like western lesbian romance novels (Georgia Beers and Karin Kallmaker are particularly good authors) and for the most part they don't include a whole lot of anti-gay environments.

Do they have friends who support them (or simply don't care about their orientation and accept them for who they are)?

Bit of a sidenote, a thought: A lot of japanese mangas make me wonder if they even have friends, do they hang out with a group of buddies and just chill?... The general anti-gay environment is usually reflected onto the characters' thoughts "but we are both girls." or keeping things secret from faceless and nameless background characters, rarely see groups of friends representing a closer environment to the MCs.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Enjoyed this, even that cliffhanger lol, she looks determined to actually say something this time ;p
Thanks for scantalating, hope it updates regularly ^_^

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Great charactization, and a diverse cast. I really like the over all mood and pace of the story. Somehow it's very refreshing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I rather like western lesbian romance novels (Georgia Beers and Karin Kallmaker are particularly good authors) and for the most part they don't include a whole lot of anti-gay environments.

Do they have friends who support them (or simply don't care about their orientation and accept them for who they are)?

As a general rule, yes. Most of the lesbian romance novels I've read, although keep in mind I generally stick to award-winners like Beers and Kallmaker so there's a certain level of quality, the main characters are generally surrounded by supportive friends, co-workers and family. And the women in question (with the exception of one story that was about a woman belatedly discovering she liked girls) are pretty much all out as well. It's a nice world to visit, for sure.

Bit of a sidenote, a thought: A lot of japanese mangas make me wonder if they even have friends, do they hang out with a group of buddies and just chill?... The general anti-gay environment is usually reflected onto the characters' thoughts "but we are both girls." or keeping things secret from faceless and nameless background characters, rarely see groups of friends representing a closer environment to the MCs.

Agree with you on that, can't really think of many like this one where you've got a little mini-community that accepts its members' ways without question. Although stuff like Beck, which I mentioned before, does give a peek into underground youth culture in Japan which largely doesn't make it into the mangas.

I wish it would, it's fascinating stuff. I'd love to see a yuri manga that gets into the Japanese punk scene, for instance.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Its so cute it makes me so jealous of fictional characters, someone hold me please..... ;__;

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I saw images of the two main characters before I saw the manga and fell in love. This story is so cute and funny, rather heartwarming compaired to the usual dish we're served when it comes to shoujo-ai (yuri). I want more of this please!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Wow the popularity of this one just exploded! hopefully the artist won't leave us hanging for long.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Wait nez were you always a mod?
Because i feel like that's a new thing.

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

I want more, it is awesome :)

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

lmfao the teacher was so pissed

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 6:13AM

Cute
joined Mar 31, 2014

Can't wait for chapter 2,.,.>_<

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

Oh my god a Chinese yuri webtoon? Sign me up!!!!!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Brand spankin' new! Just became a mod yesterday, check the stickies.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Brand spankin' new! Just became a mod yesterday, check the stickies.

Ah cool, grats

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

lmfao the teacher was so pissed

Is it just me or did he seem at least as annoyed at the guy tattling as he was the group he sent out though?

joined Sep 21, 2012

Oh weird, I never even thought of Chinese yuri.

1nora%20cooper
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well because this manhua get pretty popular in 2 days then maybe someone will be intrested i this Audio Drama of this manhua :P It's only 1 minute but we can hear character voices :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-oJnnW24Qk check it u will like it ;) And there is the last page of story ;) http://last0ne.tumblr.com/post/103207627045/yaoi-blcd-newest-update-from-tan-jiu

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:38PM

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

I want moar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

You know that time, when you find something that just quickly weaves itself into your heart, somthing that just feels so right on all accounts and tells a small story without too many words, then, when you think it's over you find just a little bit more and you imagine a beautiful story woven around the setting, the characters and their trials and tribulations filling in the blanks?

This is one of them.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Since I saw first artwork of Sun Jing and Qiu Tong (I can't memorize those names for shit :D), I said to myself: "Damn, too bad there's no manga* with those two. It would be great." And here it is! And it actually IS great! Finally something I can wait for.

*Now I know it's manhua

joined Jul 31, 2014

Love this story plot. Simple yet beautiful.
Besides, I love all the drawing as well. I feel the tenderness in the drawing.
I just love it. Thank you author.

joined Feb 14, 2014

What were they doing on page 7?

10930931_1572484072967796_9102248557687339195_n
joined Jan 4, 2014

Wow new legend huh )))
Seaweed seaweed, i'm gonna play this with my friends

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Holy cheese! Over 100 comments already XD And this is just chapter 1
Proves how awesome this manhua can be :D I actually showed it to my best friends today and they all love it (and they're straight) :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.