Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I swear, they talk in this series so much, and explanations for everything seem so long-winded... I wonder if it's a translation thing or the original also felt that way (maybe it shouldn't surprise me, it's an adaptation of a novel :P)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

If this story has a central theme beyond the Yuri, I would say is to find one's path father the one forged to you is no longer an option.

"A future is not given to you. It is something you must take for yourself."

I swear, they talk in this series so much, and explanations for everything seem so long-winded... I wonder if it's a translation thing or the original also felt that way (maybe it shouldn't surprise me, it's an adaptation of a novel :P)

That's pretty much standard fare in every work of speculative fiction I read outside of manga. This one is actually quite decent with its exposition, having delayed it until chapter 3 (I think) and gradually expanding it as the plot requires, instead of infodumping it all in the intro like 90% of mangas out there.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Anise’s ikemen smile is so hooooot. Gahhh. How can something like that come from this little gremlin??

It’s like,

Awww, she’s a dorky cutie!

What a good protagonist, she’s sort of like a fluffy high-energy setting element for Euphie’s more introspective arc.

She’s very kind too, I think among isekai protagonists she—

AAAAA! Yes my queen anything I will give away state secrets to you just pleaaase keep looking at me like that!

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 1:41PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

God damn, serious Anise is... really bloody good lol

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Mistakes Were Made, like Bucci Gang, was run by Amarrez. As Amarrez left scanlation to focus on other pursuits, I'll be uploading the anonymous version from here on out

As of chapter 8, I'd say the Father Ulcer Count is up to 3.

432027e9-d7bf-4855-8947-d2e8c86accea
joined Jun 3, 2018

The manga completely derailed from the light novel. What happened? I understood that they would try and simplify some parts, but this is completely different.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Ok, i dont want any spoilers, but the optimal ending is: The two girls slay the dragon, take their time to scavenge the loot of the corpse, the prince comes, goes back, reports he has slayn the dragon, and can finally just marry that person.

Knowing the protag, she probably doesnt care about honor very much, so shes fine by having the credit stolen.

Everything ends well.

Worst outcome: to regain his HONOR the prince betrays the two whilst the fight and heavily injures one of the two, takes the credit for killing the dragon and this story will be about how the two girls try to take REVENGE.

joined Jun 12, 2015

The manga completely derailed from the light novel. What happened? I understood that they would try and simplify some parts, but this is completely different.

Apparently the manga is actually following the LN version, which did these change first, instead of following the WN. Unfortunately I can't verify since only the WN is translated right now

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nad Komeiji posted:

Ok, i dont want any spoilers, but the optimal ending is: The two girls slay the dragon, take their time to scavenge the loot of the corpse, the prince comes, goes back, reports he has slayn the dragon, and can finally just marry that person.

Knowing the protag, she probably doesnt care about honor very much, so shes fine by having the credit stolen.

Everything ends well.

Worst outcome: to regain his HONOR the prince betrays the two whilst the fight and heavily injures one of the two, takes the credit for killing the dragon and this story will be about how the two girls try to take REVENGE.

Considering how clearly unfit the prince is to rule, I don't see how that outcome would even be a good thing anyways.

joined Oct 11, 2019

I wouldn't say that this is completely derailed, just that between the WN to the LN to the Manga, it's gone through at least one editor to help tighten up the story. Compared to what I read of the WN, they've mostly removed fluff and added more significance to what remains. I think it was pretty clear that a lot of Algard's issues stemmed from feelings of inferiority compared to his sister - in fact, a lot of time is spent on just how out of reach she is for literally everyone else, it's one of the central themes.

So now instead of Anne-Sophia just running off to fight the monsters without a care and easily wiping the floor with them we have some actual stakes, some dramatic irony. We know now that this extremely dangerous situation, if Algard could prove himself capable of handling it, would be a great boost to his self-confidence - but then Anne-Sophia steals the opportunity without even realizing it. When we see how Anne-Sophia handles it, it will highlight how easy it would be to develop an inferiority complex if you're constantly compared to your overwhelmingly OP sibling, the person who used to be your closest companion. Of course it isn't her intention, but it's inevitable by her very nature. If she wanted to avoid it, then from the very beginning she would have had to have done with Algard what she's doing with Euphilia now. I suspect that will become a focal point later as well.

In short, editing good.

last edited at Mar 18, 2021 3:51PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Although Al does not know, she actually isnt a genius at all. Considering she has her memories of her previous life, which seems to be in our world, coming up with something like that would be childs play. I have yet to read a coherent fantasy story that gives humans more possibilities than our world. Shes basically using the knowledge and wits of the best of our world, of course it would take someone extraordinary from theirs to match that.

(i mean blowing a tree to shreds? Killing a dragon? We have the power of the sun right here... its just not very practical, sinc eits a bit too strong.)

joined Jun 5, 2018

Considering how clearly unfit the prince is to rule, I don't see how that outcome would even be a good thing anyways.

Im not sure i completely garsped why the prince is unfit to rule. The only thing we know of him so far is, that hes a rather emotional, easy to influence person and he does not care about customs. I mean sure, its undeniable that the protag has achieved more already, but ruling isnt about your scientific knowledge, hell it might even be good to cranck down that a bit. The prince also seemingly has learned to be assertive, making him a shrewd negotiator with his fellow noblemen under his thumb.

Oh and does marrying the girl consequently places him as the rightful heir? I also didnt get that, i just want him to be happy, is all. Its hinted he just wants to get more recognition (than her sister), but that would make little sense in regards of cancelling marriage, so im sure he does truly love that other person of lower standings.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 3:52AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nad Komeiji posted:

Im not sure i completely garsped why the prince is unfit to rule. The only thing we know of him so far is, that hes a rather emotional, easy to influence person and he does not care about customs. I mean sure, its undeniable that the protag has achieved more already, but ruling isnt about your scientific knowledge, hell it might even be good to cranck down that a bit. The prince also seemingly has learned to be assertive, making him a shrewd negotiator with his fellow noblemen under his thumb.

Oh and does marrying the girl consequently places him as the rightful heir? I also didnt get that, i just want him to be happy, is all. Its hinted he just wants to get more recognition (than her sister), but that would make little sense in regards of cancelling marriage, so im sure he does truly love that other person of lower standings.

Did you miss the whole incident with Euphie at the very beginning of the story? That alone shows he's completely unfit to rule. He'll throw completely innocent people under the bus just to advance his own personal interests with no regard for how that might turn out for his kingdom.

He's proven himself to be self-centered, overly emotional, and has shown poor judgment on multiple occasions. Those are all very poor qualities for a ruler to have.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Ohhh, I always thought it was the father of euphie who requested all those things to get rid of the lover of the prince. The way I understood it is, that the father disliked it, that euphie had a rival, so he wanted to get rid of her. So the things the prince claimed were in fact true. (At least partially. It was commented that they accused her from their own beliefs.) By that logic, I understood his apology to euphie as: Oops, i fucked up, sorry about your marriage.

Well if that isnt the case, I get your point, that it wasnt nice of him to do. But isnt a good leader one, who is cunning and can get rid of people for his personal interest? Mabye my image of a good ruler is a abit different than yours. But if you always act righteous, someone who does not like WILL make you suffer, prime example would be euphie herself.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Maybe my image of a good ruler is a bit different than yours.

I guess the difference is whether the ruler is good only for himself or good for his subjects. He would be the former, while Euphie would be the latter.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 9:13AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Although Al does not know, she actually isnt a genius at all. Considering she has her memories of her previous life, which seems to be in our world, coming up with something like that would be childs play. I have yet to read a coherent fantasy story that gives humans more possibilities than our world. Shes basically using the knowledge and wits of the best of our world, of course it would take someone extraordinary from theirs to match that.

(i mean blowing a tree to shreds? Killing a dragon? We have the power of the sun right here... its just not very practical, sinc eits a bit too strong.)

Knowledge of the modern world definitely helps, but I think you're discounting Anne-Sophia's achievements a little bit too heavily. I mean, forget nuclear power, if you were suddenly dropped into a medieval setting with only the barest inklings of magi-tech starting to emerge and no direct access to magic for yourself, would you be able to build an efficient internal combustion engine? You probably understand the basic concept behind the device, but would be able to translate that into designing, and manufacturing, working parts from scratch, all while adjusting it for vastly different material and fuel characteristics? I'd wager that, without a background as a mechanic or engineer it would be pretty difficult.

On top of that, a lot of her inventions aren't just magical versions of modern tech. Her magic broom, blade-less sword, tiny shield, and her gift to Euphilia are all novel artifacts without real-world counterparts. Sure, she might have been inspired to create them based on media from the real world, but that's a far cry from starting with a functional blueprint and no guarantee that any of them are actually possible in her specific fantasy setting.

Put another way, Einstein isn't less of a genius because he was able to start from the works of Newton, Copernicus, and countless others.Progress is made on the shoulders of giants and the Princess is continuing that tradition.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haven't re-read the earlier chapters, but I'd venture her biggest benefit from modern memories is attitude: "progress is possible, systematic experimentation can be useful, take good lab notes".

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 5:34PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Knowledge of the modern world definitely helps, but I think you're discounting Anne-Sophia's achievements a little bit too heavily. I mean, forget nuclear power, if you were suddenly dropped into a medieval setting with only the barest inklings of magi-tech starting to emerge and no direct access to magic for yourself, would you be able to build an efficient internal combustion engine? You probably understand the basic concept behind the device, but would be able to translate that into designing, and manufacturing, working parts from scratch, all while adjusting it for vastly different material and fuel characteristics? I'd wager that, without a background as a mechanic or engineer it would be pretty difficult.

On top of that, a lot of her inventions aren't just magical versions of modern tech. Her magic broom, blade-less sword, tiny shield, and her gift to Euphilia are all novel artifacts without real-world counterparts. Sure, she might have been inspired to create them based on media from the real world, but that's a far cry from starting with a functional blueprint and no guarantee that any of them are actually possible in her specific fantasy setting.

Put another way, Einstein isn't less of a genius because he was able to start from the works of Newton, Copernicus, and countless others.Progress is made on the shoulders of giants and the Princess is continuing that tradition.

(I hope the quoting doesnt escalate, but deleting everything is a bit much on ipad)
Sure, I may have been a bit harsh on her. And I did not know, the dagger was a bladeless sword. Ok, lets put it another way, as a physicist, I am incredibly bothered, that shes trial and erroring her way to creating things like a flying broom. I mean safety concernc aside, if you arent especially lucky, no way you could fine tune something to fly. (and to be fair, she still seems to have problems.) Yes, yes, I know, experimental physics are and will always be important, no doubt, but I guess what Im trying to say is: for having knowledge and thought process of the 21st century, shes suprisngly unsystematic. Einstein didnt bother with newton btw, he did with maxwell, but your point obviously holds.

As rainbow said, systematic experimentation is useful, but man, wheres the math behind all this? And now, Im not saying there should be actual math in this manga, dont get me wrong, but maybe the exposition just bothers me a bit.

last edited at Mar 20, 2021 2:39AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

So from his own feelings of inferiority, he takes it out on both his arranged fiancé and his sister. I understand the feeling, but Algard really is kinda a dickhead.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Suprise character twist, the fool bamboozled us

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Haven't re-read the earlier chapters, but I'd venture her biggest benefit from modern memories is attitude: "progress is possible, systematic experimentation can be useful, take good lab notes".

We have theories that the whole paradigme of progress was entirely different in the past, purely because of how slowly things changed, whereas now a Days the World is seemingly different every few decades

last edited at Apr 1, 2021 4:41PM

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

I like the drawing and the plot. I'm collecting the physical copy of this bro.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

In short, editing good.

A hallmark of immature authors is excessive verbosity. The value of a good editor in helping them reign in their word burn rate and spend words more wisely cannot be overstated. (Unless, apparently, your name rhymes with "Wavid Deber".)

as a physicist, I am incredibly bothered, that shes trial and erroring her way to creating things like a flying broom. I mean safety concernc aside, if you arent especially lucky, no way you could fine tune something to fly. (and to be fair, she still seems to have problems.) Yes, yes, I know, experimental physics are and will always be important, no doubt, but I guess what Im trying to say is: for having knowledge and thought process of the 21st century, shes suprisngly unsystematic.

I get where you're coming from. I honestly sympathise with you a lot because I've been in the same boat. Here's the problem: she's not a scientist.

From the outset she is, at best, an enthusiastic dilettante engineer. Stuff like rigour and developing a body of theory through scientific methods are not what she does. She's a mostly-empirical heuristic integration machine running at full tilt with naught but a shaky internalisation of kid-friendly simplifications of natural laws drilled into her head by an education system that doesn't work.

The bitch of it is, that's normal. It's painfully normal. Maybe you and I first internalised the idea of developing a falsifiable hypothesis through the standard compulsory education curriculum of wherever we grew up. But you'd probably be shocked and dismayed that most people really don't learn the things they're taught in school.

They memorise by rote.

And then they forget.

(This is part of why Kamachi Kazuma's work is such a clusterfuck.)

Anyway, considering the mean, I think she's honestly doing pretty well. She probably won't be the Richard Arkwright of this world's magindustrial revolution, but she might just be the Leonardo da Vinci of its magical Rennaissance.

(Admittedly, If I were writing this, I'd probably get off in the weeds about how she has to invent precision. :P)

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I miss this series, I need my yuri otome isekai fill (besides just IFTV)

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

I miss this series, I need my yuri otome isekai fill (besides just IFTV)

Yes. ; w;

To reply you must either login or sign up.