Forum › If You Could See Love discussion

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

Not only elder gay couples... it's also elder polyamorous gay triad...

Truly, this manga is very powerful.

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 4:40AM

Screenshot_2021-10-17-05-27-52-38
joined Jan 19, 2021

good for the teachers :)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Right... paving the way for the polyamory.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Hell yeah. I'm fine with the foreshadowing here being about as subtle a hammer to the face there are 8000 monogamous romcoms where whether or not the leads will get together is never actually a serious question and I've never found them boring because I knew where the story would eventually end up. I enjoy them taking the trope of the Experienced Gays providing the MC with an epiphany and adapting it for polyamory I think that's a neat idea.

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 6:39AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

AvyJae posted:

Poly haters can eat shit, polyamorous folks deserve to be represented, too.

You could word this in a far less inflammatory way. It's understandable some people don't care for it having a sudden polyamory development. There was no indication until now that this was the way it would turn out. If there had been then plenty of people, such as myself, wouldn't have bothered reading it because we don't enjoy polyamory at all.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

AvyJae posted:

You could word this in a far less inflammatory way. It's understandable some people don't care for it having a sudden polyamory development. There was no indication until now that this was the way it would turn out. If there had been then plenty of people, such as myself, wouldn't have bothered reading it because we don't enjoy polyamory at all.

Comments that boil down to "Ew I hate the way other people love" get pretty exhausting and the hypocrisy of it in a community largely dedicated to manga about queer people is also pretty grating. It's annoying when people feel the need to shit all over your identity in the extremely sparse instances where you get any representation of it.

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 7:32AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My god with the sarcastics answers.If you're happy with that predictable and lazy ending then good for you but i don't and i'm still allowed to express it. And for the record, i had nothing against poly ( because somehow that's how it's have been interpreted even though i didn't anything like that), i have something against poly as a resolve for love triangle because it's the cheapest way to do and i have something against bad writing that make your end game crystal clear.
I hope it's clear and i don't others sarcastics answers that serve no purpose for the discussion. Like, i'm willing to discuss but if the answers want to take me for an idiot then there is no purpose. And i'm also a bit tired of the poly being shouted anytime a love triangle pop in a yuri.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

I can understand both sides of the argument. I can see how some people think poly is just a way to resolve love triangles or tends to be poorly written. But I also understand the viewpoint of people who are just happy to get polyamory representation.

Me personally, I'm on the poly side of things. Is it a cheap way to resolve love triangles? Probably. Do I personally care? No, not really. I'm a simple person, I just like to see all the characters involved be happy. And if that can be resolved with polyamory then so be it. And sometimes even when you admit something is a cliche or bad writing, you just don't care because you're satisfied with you get regardless. Also, I personally don't think there's enough polyamory stories on here to really start getting annoyed with them.`

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 8:33AM

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Yeah dunno why people get all frisky about polyamory and whether people accept it or not. Technically it's been sanctioned by society for a very long time. Mormons practiced polygamy for a long time until they were forced not to. I'm actually not entirely sure why it's not more widely accepted other than the roots of treating women like property.

Personally I am all for the idea IRL, but it does have its problems practically. For example, there may be instances where two people like each other a lot and then also you, but not as much as each other. So that can make you feel kind of jealous and lonely I imagine. Poly probably works best with at least one person being asexual, or not very attached to romantic feelings. Or sometimes the third person comes in, and then suddenly the person you like a lot likes someone else a lot more.

"i have something against poly as a resolve for love triangle because it's the cheapest way to do and i have something against bad writing that make your end game crystal clear." - Lilliwyt

"And i'm also a bit tired of the poly being shouted anytime a love triangle pop in a yuri." - Lilliwyt

Very good points.

I'm actually more curious about the clothes and what the roommate doesn't wear them anymore means.

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

I just don't want to see poly because it brings up some pretty shitty memories I'd rather avoid thinking about

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'm all for poly if it makes senses in the relationship.

Like any relationship, a poly one takes effort to make work. Relationship that just work magically without any effort or concessions are excessively rare.

Canno's explained the process of how her characters end up in a poly relationship and that was well done.

Here, I though the MC leaned toward the childhood friend, but if it ends in a 3-sided poly, it's a bit out of the blue and maybe indicative of the ax.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Hell yeah. I'm fine with the foreshadowing here being about as subtle a hammer to the face there are 8000 monogamous romcoms where whether or not the leads will get together is never actually a serious question and I've never found them boring because I knew where the story would eventually end up. I enjoy them taking the trope of the Experienced Gays providing the MC with an epiphany and adapting it for polyamory I think that's a neat idea.

Yeah I think this is fine, and doesn’t necessarily indicate the series being axed or anything. Even back in chapter 2.2 we already knew at least the school nurse liked someone at the school. I’m just thankful it wasn’t a student but another teacher. At the fancy dinner party there was a guy with multiple arrows pointed at different women as well.

I’m honestly pretty excited to see more of this trio of women together, and with the way the series has gone so far I expect this to introduce Mei to the concept of polyamory, not instantly make her willing to accept Sayo and Rinna. Just like the last two couples we’ve been introduced to, these teachers will likely teach Mei about an aspect of love she couldn’t see because she was too focused on the arrows and her past trauma with love. The seed is being planted now, but it probably won’t come to fruition until later.

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 10:19AM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Once, twice, three times the yuri...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

majere posted:

AvyJae posted:

Comments that boil down to "Ew I hate the way other people love" get pretty exhausting and the hypocrisy of it in a community largely dedicated to manga about queer people is also pretty grating. It's annoying when people feel the need to shit all over your identity in the extremely sparse instances where you get any representation of it.

And that is fair. But simply shitting on people for disagreeing with your views isn't cool. Especially when it borders on breaking the site's rules as AvyJae's post did. Plus there is a difference between someone not personally caring for something like polyamory and actively denying it at all. In my case, for example, it's not something I care for. Thus when stories are uploaded that feature it as a tag, I tend to actively avoid it rather than do like some people and read it then complain. In this case though, that wasn't an option to begin with. And that seems to be the root of the complaint for many of the others who are complaining. (That and some who are viewing it as a lazy solution to a love triangle, which can be a valid criticism.)

To be clear, I (and from what I've seen, nobody else complaining about it here) aren't saying that polyamory can't be a thing or that stories involving it shouldn't be uploaded to the site. People are just expressing their personal distaste for it and that they're less interested in the series now.

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

Poly ! ❤️

joined Sep 11, 2019

WE GOING INTO FUN TOWN BOIS

joined Mar 6, 2021

Haha, congratz to the people who called poly! Even though I'm not particularly into poly (not particularly into love triangle either), I'm looking forward to see how this develops

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

And that is fair. But simply shitting on people for disagreeing with your views isn't cool. Especially when it borders on breaking the site's rules as AvyJae's post did. Plus there is a difference between someone not personally caring for something like polyamory and actively denying it at all. In my case, for example, it's not something I care for. Thus when stories are uploaded that feature it as a tag, I tend to actively avoid it rather than do like some people and read it then complain. In this case though, that wasn't an option to begin with. And that seems to be the root of the complaint for many of the others who are complaining. (That and some who are viewing it as a lazy solution to a love triangle, which can be a valid criticism.)

To be clear, I (and from what I've seen, nobody else complaining about it here) aren't saying that polyamory can't be a thing or that stories involving it shouldn't be uploaded to the site. People are just expressing their personal distaste for it and that they're less interested in the series now.

It's not the first time that poly got shat on like that.
It's rarely happens and whenever it happen, those same comments all over again, "cheap", "doesn't make sense", "what a waste".
So of course it will hit some nerves

50d13a199dce85e34f5bbb7ccb4f798c
joined Jan 4, 2021

Not really a poly person but I don't mind this development one little bit

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

CONFIRMED POLY LET'S GOOO

I'm just here for anything cute, and doubling that? Even better!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I can understand both sides of the argument. I can see how some people think poly is just a way to resolve love triangles or tends to be poorly written. But I also understand the viewpoint of people who are just happy to get polyamory representation.

Me personally, I'm on the poly side of things. Is it a cheap way to resolve love triangles? Probably. Do I personally care? No, not really. I'm a simple person, I just like to see all the characters involved be happy. And if that can be resolved with polyamory then so be it. And sometimes even when you admit something is a cliche or bad writing, you just don't care because you're satisfied with you get regardless. Also, I personally don't think there's enough polyamory stories on here to really start getting annoyed with them.`

My PoV is that conventional love Triangle resolutions are cheap, you just a Will they wont they artificially more tense and when it has run its course we are left with a character that is just leftovers.
"An easy guide to love triangles" is ironically one of the only dramatic love triangles i have seen that would have Been good with a standard resolution, because it represented each side extreemly well.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

It's not the first time that poly got shat on like that.
It's rarely happens and whenever it happen, those same comments all over again, "cheap", "doesn't make sense", "what a waste".
So of course it will hit some nerves

Love triangle ending in Poly is cheap to me but i don't mean that poly is cheap.

joined Oct 9, 2011

Not really sure why people are really surprised by poly route seeming more obvious, when well Rina had another coming off her that pointed towards Sayo.

Like, author seemed to be going the poly route for a while now.

Edit: Meaning the arrow from Chapter 3.1 page 3

last edited at Mar 10, 2021 2:02PM

joined Sep 4, 2016

Poly route confirmed

Little%20ghost
joined Jan 4, 2019

yay the teachers are in a poly couple!!! :):)

kinda hope our three main characters end up in that route, this is what seems the most logical to me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.