Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

GendoIkari posted:

Is there manga that goes from two girls confessing, then dating, then having sex?

Doesn't matter if it's a series, one-shot, or doujin.

Kase-san?

I have read that one before but thanks anyways

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

GendoIkari posted:

Is there manga that goes from two girls confessing, then dating, then having sex?

Doesn't matter if it's a series, one-shot, or doujin.

Kase-san?

I have read that one before but thanks anyways

Hard to know what you haven't read, but...
Bloom Into You (Long)
Lily Love
Girl Friends (Licensed)
Edible Flowers stops just shy of sex, but I find it as satisfying

joined Nov 27, 2016

Will These Words Reach You
Also has two sequels

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Thanks!

joined Jan 30, 2021

Hi! I'm relatively new to yuri, but I'm really enjoying this genre. I just finished My Unrequited Love (Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo) and liked the drama and exploration of deep (and potentially irreconcilable) interpersonal issues. (That being said, I did find the ending very rushed, and I'm not sure how I feel about it). Does anybody have any recommendations for similar manga? I'm okay with oneshots/shorter manga, but I'd prefer longer multi-chapter works where you really get to know the characters and see how they grow.

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 9:16PM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

... liked the drama and exploration of deep (and potentially irreconcilable) interpersonal issues. ... Does anybody have any recommendations for similar manga? I'm okay with oneshots/shorter manga, but I'd prefer longer multi-chapter works where you really get to know the characters and see how they grow.

So many to choose from, and so much variety. Let's see, stories where the characters have personal conflicts/issues to resolve...
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Fragments of Love
Octave (Drama so thick you could cut it with a knife.)
Twin Cake
Green
Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 (Good story & character development, but be mindful of the tags)

Or you can just peruse the Aaaaaangst or Drama tags. And if you are new to the genre, I'm sure you will discover plenty of other story types to enjoy as you explore. Welcome to the site!

last edited at Jan 30, 2021 10:22PM

joined Jan 30, 2021

So many to choose from, and so much variety. Let's see, stories where the characters have personal conflicts/issues to resolve...

Octave (Drama so thick you could cut it with a knife.)

Or you can just peruse the Aaaaaangst or Drama tags. And if you are new to the genre, I'm sure you will discover plenty of other story types to enjoy as you explore. Welcome to the site!

Thank you so much for the recommendations and the welcome! I completely forgot to mention that I've read Octave - that's a perfect match for what I was looking for, so I'm excited to check out the other ones too :)

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

Hi! I'm relatively new to yuri, but I'm really enjoying this genre. I just finished My Unrequited Love (Tatoe Todokanu Ito da to Shite mo) and liked the drama and exploration of deep (and potentially irreconcilable) interpersonal issues. (That being said, I did find the ending very rushed, and I'm not sure how I feel about it). Does anybody have any recommendations for similar manga? I'm okay with oneshots/shorter manga, but I'd prefer longer multi-chapter works where you really get to know the characters and see how they grow.

You can't fail with Kase-san

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

This might be way too weirdly specific to have any answers, and more of a general recommendation than a yuri one, but does anyone know of something that parodies or examines/criticizes some aspect of anime and manga (E.G. a particular genre or trope, or the culture/industry)? Preferably something at least a little funny, but something serious is fine too, and it can be of any length.

I was trying to think of examples, but the only thing that came to mind that I could remember the name of was The Fourth Heroine. I also recall some other short things, like a parody of (het) harems where the protagonist was gay. Or that one comic about how main characters always have special hair colors, so a girl with pink hair is destined to be important even though she has no desire to be.

Frankly, any parody or satire of otaku culture would be fine. Could be idols instead of anime. Or gunpla, or gacha, or anything people get a bit too obsessed with.

I'm sorry I can't really be... less specific. But if anything comes to mind I'd be eternally grateful.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 6:08PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm the Main Character of a Harem Manga, but I'm Gay so Every Day is Hell for Me is the one you mention.

It's totally 50/50, but I think one of the three here may also be relevant.

last edited at Feb 20, 2021 6:26PM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

I'm looking for people's opinion's about what they considered the best yuri stories they have read. I'm not restricting the scope to any genre or tags. The aspects of good storytelling I'm looking for are well-defined characters, excellent pacing, immersive art, minimal use of tropes, compelling plotlines, and an overall sense of respect for the reader. I want to filter out bland, unengaging, and forgettable content. It does not have to be completed, either. Thank you for your help!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm looking for people's opinion's about what they considered the best yuri stories they have read. I'm not restricting the scope to any genre or tags. The aspects of good storytelling I'm looking for are well-defined characters, excellent pacing, immersive art, minimal use of tropes, compelling plotlines, and an overall sense of respect for the reader. I want to filter out bland, unengaging, and forgettable content. It does not have to be completed, either. Thank you for your help!

Can't say that my opinion doesn't change every other month, but here are some that have "stood the test of time" for me. In no particular order:
Graffiti and its sequel.
From Aiu Station on the Hiragana Line (Also has a sequel.)
Aqua Blue Cinema
Collectors (4-koma, so it might miss on pacing or plot-line for you.)
Water Depth (This story is almost poetic.)

I notice that I'm listing mostly shorter pieces. My favorite longer ones seem to be slice of life, meander a lot (e.g., A Kiss and a White Lily), are so heavy I've no desire to reread them (e.g., Octave), or miss out on other points you're looking for.

<--- But I do try to keep my lists clean, so feel free to explore my Favorites folder.

joined Aug 12, 2020

Can't say that my opinion doesn't change every other month, but here are some that have "stood the test of time" for me. In no particular order:
Graffiti and its sequel.
From Aiu Station on the Hiragana Line (Also has a sequel.)
Aqua Blue Cinema
Collectors (4-koma, so it might miss on pacing or plot-line for you.)
Water Depth (This story is almost poetic.)

I notice that I'm listing mostly shorter pieces. My favorite longer ones seem to be slice of life, meander a lot (e.g., A Kiss and a White Lily), are so heavy I've no desire to reread them (e.g., Octave), or miss out on other points you're looking for.

<--- But I do try to keep my lists clean, so feel free to explore my Favorites folder.

I will definitely check these out, and thank you for the lists and recommendations. Octave is a really great story that I thoroughly enjoyed. I just caught up with It's a Detached Relationship. I was feeling that post-binge emptiness and looking for the next buffet to fill myself on.

last edited at Feb 23, 2021 11:54PM

joined Nov 27, 2016

These are some that I think are pretty great in terms of depth and story
Shimanami Tasogare
Ohana Hololo
Run Away With Me, Girl
Silver Gymnasium
^theres one story in here that veers off from the rest but overall the pacing is pretty good
There’s honestly a lot more I’d wanna put but these are probably my top picks that I always go back to, there are some one shots that I really like but most of them are pretty short
A Delinquent, a Transfer Student, and Their Silly Little Game
But this one’s just too cute not to add
Oop and also this If It Rains Next Week
And this 30 Minutes

last edited at Feb 24, 2021 2:33AM

joined Aug 12, 2020

Shimanami Tasogare
Ohana Hololo
Run Away With Me, Girl
Silver Gymnasium
^theres one story in here that veers off from the rest but overall the pacing is pretty good
There’s honestly a lot more I’d wanna put but these are probably my top picks that I always go back to, there are some one shots that I really like but most of them are pretty short
And this 30 Minutes

Thank you for these great stories to read. I can't wait to start.

If you have time to kill, feel free to give me them all. Don't hold back! I'm going to devour them all. While I like long stories for the simple reason that there is more to enjoy, I'll take short and sweet as well! A lot of great short stories add up to one great long one.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

I was surprised at how many I found. It was fun. One more I just rediscovered: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/yuri_lover_kun_and_yuri_lover_lover_kun

joined Nov 27, 2016

Shimanami Tasogare
Ohana Hololo
Run Away With Me, Girl
Silver Gymnasium
And this 30 Minutes

If you have time to kill, feel free to give me them all. Don't hold back! I'm going to devour them all. While I like long stories for the simple reason that there is more to enjoy, I'll take short and sweet as well! A lot of great short stories add up to one great long one.

Just a warning there’s a lot! A couple more good one shots:

Fluffy ones
Wavering mind
True story
5 Seconds before a witch falls in love
(And the sequel)
5 Seconds before falling in love with a witch
Tonight with vanilla and chocolate mint
A cold and after that
Yururi fuwari-in this dream with you-
Animal
Fuyu no shi
I’ll bring you mille feuille
She’s so easy to read
I like your face
Light hearted ones with light drama
The heroines capture target is...
Fox princess
My unique day
Keiko and fuko and the end of the world
Sentimental beach side
More serious ones
Tender night
Lit a light
The fourth heroine
And here’s another good series
Cirque Arachne
And another one shot
Ikenai hito
Also a lot of Arata Iri’s work is really good for laughs, it’s also super sweet

last edited at Feb 26, 2021 6:32AM

Mmmm
joined Dec 13, 2019

any yuri about fujoshi

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Hanjuku Joshi

joined Aug 12, 2020

Shimanami Tasogare
Ohana Hololo
Run Away With Me, Girl
Silver Gymnasium
And this 30 Minutes

Just a warning there’s a lot! A couple more good one shots:

Fluffy ones
Wavering mind
True story
5 Seconds before a witch falls in love
(And the sequel)
5 Seconds before falling in love with a witch
Tonight with vanilla and chocolate mint
A cold and after that
Yururi fuwari-in this dream with you-
Animal
Fuyu no shi
I’ll bring you mille feuille
She’s so easy to read
I like your face
Light hearted ones with light drama
The heroines capture target is...
Fox princess
My unique day
Keiko and fuko and the end of the world
Sentimental beach side
More serious ones
Tender night
Lit a light
The fourth heroine
And here’s another good series
Cirque Arachne
And another one shot
Ikenai hito
Also a lot of Arata Iri’s work is really good for laughs, it’s also super sweet

Mabotabo, this is awesome! Thank you so much! My binge meter is going through the roof now. A feeding frenzy is exactly what I need right now.

joined Aug 12, 2020

any yuri about fujoshi

That actually sounds hilarious. I know a fujoshi or two, and they hate yuri, so seeing a yuri story with a fujoshi character would be like combining matter and anti-matter. Unsurprisingly, fujoshi is not a tag on Dynast Scans. Do you have any recommendations?

joined Aug 12, 2020

Hanjuku Joshi

I've liked this one. It's a cute manga and the art is distinctively sexy.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

any yuri about fujoshi

The only one I can think of is Fujoko to Yuriko

last edited at Mar 4, 2021 3:39AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.