Forum › Yuri Manga Recommendations

OrangePekoe Staff
Mai_screenshot_541
joined Mar 20, 2013

TotemsInTheNight posted:

I'm looking for any type of yuri medias where the characters are super introspective with their feelings of identity, love, and sexuality.

While we don't host it on the site, Sweet Blue Flowers (Aoi Hana) by Shimura Takako is right up your alley, I think. There's quite a bit of meandering in the plot, but almost all of it is done in service of deep introspection. I would hazard a guess that any of her work would also be of interest to you, but I haven't perused much myself.

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

I'm looking for any type of yuri medias where the characters are super introspective with their feelings of identity, love, and sexuality. Stuffs like Bloom Into You (I have read the Sayaka LNs, love them), Octave, Crescent Moon and Doughnut, Us Right Now, My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. Each one of them has something that I love individually too:
- There's too much good stuffs to say about Bloom Into You, but every character has their own moment of introspection, which I love. I have read the Sayaka LNs too, and WOW I love it even more.

The obvious choice would be Adachi and Shimamura, written by the same author as the Sayaka LNs.

I read the manga... does the novel offer more introspection than the manga? Also, I kinda like Sayaka much more than either Adachi or Shimamura lol...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The obvious choice would be Adachi and Shimamura, written by the same author as the Sayaka LNs.

I read the manga... does the novel offer more introspection than the manga?

A lot more.

Ew-car2wuaiuag2-min
joined Sep 28, 2020

Any good recommendations for yuri involving angst? good stuff that would just. make me bawl my fukin eyes out (preferably something that isn’t about the love interest ending up with another)

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

Any good recommendations for yuri involving angst? good stuff that would just. make me bawl my fukin eyes out (preferably something that isn’t about the love interest ending up with another)

Please by Sudou Yumi killed me. I know she has another work named Yume no Hashibashi that has not been translsted, but it's also really sad too.

Ew-car2wuaiuag2-min
joined Sep 28, 2020

Please by Sudou Yumi killed me. I know she has another work named Yume no Hashibashi that has not been translsted, but it's also really sad too.

thanks! i actually just reread Please when I made this post, and so i was in the mood to cry that time lol. But i'll be sure to check out more of her works too

TotemsInTheNight
joined Apr 9, 2021

thanks! i actually just reread Please when I made this post, and so i was in the mood to cry that time lol. But i'll be sure to check out more of her works too

Oh dang, so that means my recommendation is kinda useless lol. Honestly I haven't found any manga that made me tear up as much as Please, or the way Please makes me cry. Nagata Kabi's works and the Sayaka light novel make me cry quite a bit too, but they're more about being relatable than angst. If you can read manhwa and manhua, Her Tale of Shim Cheong, Getting to Know Grace, Living Will and Soulmates all have some angsty escapism themes that sometimes make me tear up.

Oh and also if you had read Moonlight Garden by MissPM and Kang Unnie, this fanfic actually makes me cry for like 2 days lol: https://archiveofourown.org/works/17409683 (spoiler alert!)

Ew-car2wuaiuag2-min
joined Sep 28, 2020

Oh dang, so that means my recommendation is kinda useless lol. Honestly I haven't found any manga that made me tear up as much as Please, or the way Please makes me cry. Nagata Kabi's works and the Sayaka light novel make me cry quite a bit too, but they're more about being relatable than angst. If you can read manhwa and manhua, Her Tale of Shim Cheong, Getting to Know Grace, Living Will and Soulmates all have some angsty escapism themes that sometimes make me tear up.

Oh and also if you had read Moonlight Garden by MissPM and Kang Unnie, this fanfic actually makes me cry for like 2 days lol: https://archiveofourown.org/works/17409683 (spoiler alert!)

oh wow i didnt expect another reply, thanks so much!! i'm defo gonna check out the Sayaka LNs, seeing as just what she's gone through was already enough to make me sad lol. And Shim Cheong and Soulmate are some of my favorite manhwa and manhua, so i trust in your recommendations for those too!

To reply you must either login or sign up.