Forum › A Senpai Who Can’t Stand Manga Where the Girl Is Considered More Attractive After Changing Her Appearance discussion

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

LOL this was agressively wholesome

joined Dec 21, 2016

Very relatable MC

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I also have always hated this trope. This was great haha

A2912
joined Apr 20, 2019

I couldn't agree more with the protagonist's point of view.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Senpai knows what's up.

joined Jun 23, 2019

This is so truee! And so cutee!

Images
joined Jun 11, 2020

Glasses are really versatile

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Manga artists always think they’re slick when they draw the “plain” character with glasses having no eyes, and then make a big deal about revealing their eyes when they take off the glasses acting like the glasses were what made them plain and not the literal lack of eyeballs

Mpw-62541
joined Sep 22, 2014

What a cultured Senpai!

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Manga artists always think they’re slick when they draw the “plain” character with glasses having no eyes, and then make a big deal about revealing their eyes when they take off the glasses acting like the glasses were what made them plain and not the literal lack of eyeballs

And yet when its hair covering the eyes they end up as the MC who fucks all the other characters, isn't that just odd?

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 11:18AM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Author has been reading too much Useless Princesses.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!' That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

supportive friends are pretty great

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Senpai is fucking based

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Finally, somebody gets it!

joined Aug 10, 2016

this is probably the second work on this site to address this entire belief as being a load of crap, the first being this one Haruhi doujin. Maybe there's others, but its always nice see someone acknowledge you don't need to change hair or glasses to suddenly turn "beautiful".

joined Oct 27, 2018

Amazing 10/10

joined Jun 8, 2020

Perfection

6cd
joined May 11, 2016

Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!' That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. I really want Luna to try some on or Marine to try some on to replace her eyepatch. We really need glasses to become a thing in hololive and start selling them for HoloComi. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?

I see you, little white alien cat thing.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Sempai speaks the truth.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Honestly, in most cases they actually do look better before changing their appearance...

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

POLMAO! Are you Fubuki in disguise?

joined Jul 8, 2019

LOL this was agressively wholesome

agressively wholesome must be a thing

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

And yet when its hair covering the eyes they end up as the MC who fucks all the other characters, isn't that just odd?

I have no face and I must scream fuck.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

she's so fucking angry lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.