Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

JUST normal sisters yeahhhh XD well, that depends on the viewers I guess !

"Such pointless reason" Ooff, I'm not Taichi and even that hurt me... F for the guy in heaven dying twice

last edited at Jan 25, 2021 12:44PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

JUST normal sisters yeahhhh XD well, that depends on the viewers I guess !

I really love this series, and the credits pages are the cherry on top.

joined Oct 23, 2016

This chapter makes me feel like if they want me to bond with a dead guy. Her brother's past story really doesn't matter to me. I get she is suppose to have chara. growth before the story keeps going, but honestly it just feels like the mangaka is stretching this out because they can't decide what to do or how to end it. We have this back and fro from them with slight undertones... it really reminds me of Strawberry Panic! when Shizuma couldn't decide to get with Nagisa or keep holding onto her ex. Like, ughhhh get over this arc already.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

But this manga has no arcs, just short suspense, the only one I could think as an "arc" is the ring issue... That took a while

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But this manga has no arcs, just short suspense, the only one I could think as an "arc" is the ring issue... That took a while

Yeah, this is pretty much slice of life, with the character developments primarily in terms of how the two of them deal with the loss of the brother and with each other as a (mostly) non-romantic dyad.

If I were primarily interested in this series as a potential yuri romance, I might find it to be pretty frustrating. But I’m not, so I have no problem with it continuing indefinitely.

(To be clear, I expect that Shino’s eventually going to come up gay, and realize that part of her feelings for Nozomi are tied up with her sexuality. But whether that leads to her partnering with Nozomi or with someone else I have no idea.)

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

It's chpt 92 now, it's been so long yet it feels like nothing really happened.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What if this is actually super comfy slice of life but the author doesn't realize how serious and dramatic the faces look sometimes?

joined Jul 26, 2016

What if this is actually super comfy slice of life but the author doesn't realize how serious and dramatic the faces look sometimes?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Gentlest way", right... :D

Did not expect the ending to be so lewd, though...

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Winning a translation of a any doujin you want is a really great raffle. Translator knows what people really wants lol. And it has been a while since I read this manga and I thought that maybe they talked some about their problems with each other but nope still gay family suspence carries on. But I still really like that you can feel how much they care about each other

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 4:48PM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

"USE THE INTERWEBS!"

lol

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

MCs should just submit a marriage application already, I really want this to be a yuri. Don’t go like ‘My Unrequited Love’ where we’re given the epilogue to confirm but it still looks like a subtext, meh.

Ff0118f44ab907c387eaab20dfff8246
joined Jan 26, 2021

If they do end up getting together, the payoff would be so good. I mean 9 volumes and they're still not there.

joined Sep 25, 2013

So heavy,

well, i like the big brother concept though, he have other clue to the progression of the story. like he's saying to Minato when Shino is not doing well just do some sports, etc.

and the ring arc, i thought it will be the turnpoint when Shino and Nozomi will get better with their relationship tho.
too bad.
mann, just rushed 93 chapters.

for now, hold like a months. want to read some "comedy yuri flirting" rn

last edited at Feb 22, 2021 1:05PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Someone has a different definition of the word "Gentle" than most of the population....

Ff0118f44ab907c387eaab20dfff8246
joined Jan 26, 2021

I hope Nozomi also gives chocolate to Shino

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not even subtext, huh?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So tell me again how I'm not supposed to see this as yuri when she keeps blushing like that...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So tell me again how I'm not supposed to see this as yuri when she keeps blushing like that...

Quoting myself:

if mutual-blush-sex is a thing, these two have have been going at it like bunny rabbits since Day 1.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Minato's ikemen energy OP pls nerf

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Aggressive subtext, should be illegal

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, aren't these "hints" a bit too blatant!? I honestly would have been fine with this story, whether it turned out to be yuri or not... but with how things are going, I cannot possibly see this as simple teasing on the author's part anymore!

Also, I think it's interesting how it seems that maybe Shino has been feeling something more...? than familial love for Nozomi since before the death of her brother. Then again I suppose this could also pass as her being happy to have a person like a mother/sister figure, since she had lost her mother at such a young age. Maybe.

I don't know, I might be misinterpreting things, perhaps my hoping that it's something more makes it seem so...?
Nah, it really is too much to pass off as a joke anymore. I mean, Shino is way too conscious of Nozomi. And even though this awkwardness seemed normal at first, because of their unusual not-quite-sisters circumstances, now it seems to be something entirely different.

Anyway, what is absolutely certain is that Shino cherishes Nozomi a lot. But I feel that lately the author is deliberately giving hints (and not as comedy or fanservice, but as actual hints) that this feeling is leaning towards that of a romantic love rather than that of a sisterly or mother-daughter relationship, like it was/seemed to be at first.

last edited at Mar 19, 2021 10:23AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

RadiosAreObsolete posted:

Okay, aren't these "hints" a bit too blatant!?

Knowing the history of the author (they wrote plenty of yuri), it's obvious that it's their tropism at play.

As for if it foreshadows something between them, it's still too evanescent to be conclusive.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Only six chapter to go before we hit 100 and there's still not even a subtext tag. This is either never going to turn into Yuri or its the most ambitious go at making the slowest slow burn ever.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

This slow burn is killing me lmao xD slow roasting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.