Forum › Todo no Tsumari no Uchouten discussion

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

Someone took over the translation. The chapter 6 has been released.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you so much to Aos for your work, and for allowing us to host it! Here's to much more Arata Iri in the future.

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Which one is continued here? This or Come Rain or shine?

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

This one was discontinued and the translators dropped it right away (never had an ending/axed, new reboot coming up anyways). I guess this translator decided to finish the last remaining chapters, not that I'm complaining of course.

Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Nice, I wasn't expecting this to be picked back up by anyone. If translations for this go until volume 2 we'll be able to thoroughly compare the first two volumes of the reboot to the original.

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

Which one is continued here? This or Come Rain or shine?

Come rain no shine is the reboot

joined Nov 27, 2016

Kuma...bear with it... ¬‿¬ was that on purpose
Also yay for new translations!

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 3:19AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, nice to finally see more of this. Axed or not, I like to finish what I've started reading. ^_^

And anything else aside, this has to be the greatest SFX translation ever. :D

It also looks like Come Rain or Shine has finally been approved on MAL as well at some point since I last checked, so time to start reading the reboot too...

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 4:52AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

lordy this updates with two chapters and i immediately remember why i prefer the reboot. The pacing for this one is atrocious and all over the place, annoyingly incomprehensible at times.

edit: i of course appreciate all the hard work on this though, I hope Arata Iri's works continue cause they are funny even if their works are a little nonsensical at times

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 5:15AM

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Ohhh I missed this version. Thank you so much!

joined Feb 12, 2021

Nice, tks for picking this up again, really appreciate it. Also I can see you using the font Augie for typesetting, maybe you can use it in bold so the words can be read more easily? Normal augie stroke is quite thin anyway.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I love how Arata Iri draws characters (obviously). They are lovely.

But the hyper side-characters and chaos around the mains is always quite tiring. His manga are "noisy".

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Coming back to this after reading "Come Rain or Shine" was really confusing. But in a good way. The world needs more stories about the dangers of visiting the beach in your sleeping bag.

joined Jan 14, 2020

This is beyond uselessness. Neko said Miko's swimsuit was too stimulating; how do we get from there to turning "I'm into your body" to weight concerns?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is beyond uselessness. Neko said Miko's swimsuit was too stimulating; how do we get from there to turning "I'm into your body" to weight concerns?

Denial. Lots and lots of denial.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

While hilarious, I still feel like come rain or shine is worlds better than this one, hope it continues that trend and doesn't add the student council for no reason like in comprehensive tovarisch

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

While i agree that at times the manga is way too messy (too many characters at once, a lot of dialogue, etc) i like the original more, i feel like the manga lost its charm on the reboot, don´t get me wrong i like the reboot it has some traces of arata iri style on it but it´s not quite the same. It´s definitely easier to read and the panels flow better that´s for sure but i don´t get why they needed to sacrifice the comedy and tone

In my humble opion the content itself wasn´t the problem, the problem is that sometimes arata iri tries to cram way too much stuff into one single page/panel and ends up being hard to read, with a better panel layout and maybe more pages i think they could keep the comedy and have a better flow but that´s just me

PD i don´t get why people hate the secondary character so much, they´re way less intrusive than the ones of sougou tovarisch and are more fleshed out so it´s beyond me why people hate them so much

last edited at Feb 19, 2021 2:40PM

joined Nov 27, 2016

Ahh so many updates! Hurray!!

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I would love to know what a miko tournament involves, and why it would end up requiring repairs to the venue.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

this is a SPICY twist, I love it

joined Nov 27, 2016

So...tsubaki actually has a crush on nekozaki or no? I keep going back and forth cuz it totally looks like she likes nekozaki romantically but then it’s always out of platonic reasons plus she’s dating the teacher ugh cmon tsubaki, pick a side!

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

So...tsubaki actually has a crush on nekozaki or no? I keep going back and forth cuz it totally looks like she likes nekozaki romantically but then it’s always out of platonic reasons plus she’s dating the teacher ugh cmon tsubaki, pick a side!

I know right I’m so confused by her.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

this last page is a joke right? Because this is the reboot?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

macfluffers posted:

this last page is a joke right? Because this is the reboot?

No, Come Rain or Shine is the reboot...I'm so sorry if we confused you somehow! That one is still ongoing, this one will be marked complete as soon as we get the Volume 2 Extras.

last edited at Mar 15, 2021 11:13PM

Pero01
joined Apr 1, 2014

Thank you so much for this translation. I only wished for the MCs to kiss but we can't have it all.

At some point of this version Arata polished its style a bit, just like Come Rain or Shine, so yeah, somettimes I thougth this was the reboot. Im happy to read anything of this author.

last edited at Mar 16, 2021 8:31AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.