Forum › A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days discussion

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This just feels... rote. Like I've only read the first chapter and I know exactly where this is all going, and the characters don't feel like they'll make it particularily interesting.

Well, maybe because it's similar to the other work of the author "There is no Way I Can Have a Lover" and the fact that in both cases, you already know without reading that they will end up together anyway (not a spoiler but my guess and what a bold guess). The question is how did the one denying the dating at first will fall for the other.

have you never seen a ron-com before? The main characters always, ALWAYS!, end up together. The fun is in rooting for them to overcome their character flaws, so they can get there. Sure ron-coms are formulaic and maybe even a bit trite, but they still can be a fun ride..

Pov_youre_a_triple_mugger
joined Feb 19, 2016

Well, maybe because it's similar to the other work of the author "There is no Way I Can Have a Lover" and the fact that in both cases, you already know without reading that they will end up together anyway (not a spoiler but my guess and what a bold guess). The question is how did the one denying the dating at first will fall for the other.

Ah I see, it's from them... that one feels boring too, again a case of uninteresting characters and a meh plot. Guess I should just avoid the author in the future then, thanks for the heads up.

have you never seen a ron-com before? The main characters always, ALWAYS!, end up together. The fun is in rooting for them to overcome their character flaws, so they can get there. Sure ron-coms are formulaic and maybe even a bit trite, but they still can be a fun ride..

I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't like rom-coms, but neither of the MCs feel like they'll be able to carry a boring plot (that wouldn't fly if it was a straight guy and a gay girl), nor does any of this feel particularly romantic nor comedic.

joined Jan 14, 2020

I live in Ontario, where the min wage is roughly $15, and used to work 2 or 3 five to eight-hour shifts, in High School, meaning I got paid usually around $75 to $120 a day.

So, 8 hours of work to earn US$100 before taxes. The dates -- at least to Marika's anticipation -- probably won't be nearly that long. Couple hours of eating out or going shopping. Of course what actually happens is another matter...

I've read many manga with girls doing enkō, and the accepted standard seems to be two strawberries for one sexual date of 90 minutes at a love hotel. Dunno if it's reality in fiction or just a generally believed trope.

$300 for 90 minutes of sex. Sounds plausible. Then $100 would probably be "hang out with me for a few hours".

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ah I see, it's from them... that one feels boring too, again a case of uninteresting characters and a meh plot. Guess I should just avoid the author in the future then, thanks for the heads up.

I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't like rom-coms, but neither of the MCs feel like they'll be able to carry a boring plot (that wouldn't fly if it was a straight guy and a gay girl), nor does any of this feel particularly romantic nor comedic.

IDK I actually like the setup. I'm willing to give it a go. I doubt it will go the distance if they do one day per chapter though. 100 chapters seems too drawn out for such a simple premise.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Hmmmm. I normally like this kind of thing, but gave the LN translation a read and it feels... very uncomfy. You need juuuust the right tone for an “oh no! A sexy lady that I kinda hate (and kinda dig) is unraveling my repressed lesbianism and I’m just [drapes hand over face] powerless to stop her! Whatever shall I do?” kinda story and this... really doesn’t have that. Maybe the manga will do a better job but... yeaaaah, it’s got a certain, “she actually dislikes it, but the author decides that she stays there and is pleasured by it” vibe, and the other girl literally says she likes it more when they don’t like it/her.

I hope the manga changes up the tone, because if it can pull it off this premise is like catnip for me.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 1:40AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I'm getting a bit tired of the "I can make you gay", I feel it kinda invalidates everything.
Showing her two girls can go out together? Yes, it's fine. Telling her you can turn her into a lesbian... uggghhhh

I'm pretty sure that's not what is going on here. Miss Popular blurting odd and somewhat homophobic remarks out of nowhere such as, "I don't see how two girls could ever date, etc." just hit the Blonde Beauty's gaydar like a 10 megaton bomb and she's both into the chick and wants to call her out on her bluff.

If it's one thing I've learned in life it's that most clichés have some basis in reality and one of the better bets is the most closeted gay person in the room is the screaming homophobe. Certainly not every bigot is gay, but I think most of us are pretty good at spotting the difference between the ones that are.

In this case we already know her gaydar pinged true since we get see all the MC's thoughts about how sexy she thinks this girl is. Chances are if you sit around thinking about how sexy people of the same sex are then you probably aren't completely strait.

Yeah, this is just an example from my own life, but in my Christian High School we had a group of girls that said tons of homophobic shit about lesbians in class openly in public all the time. I found out after the fact that they have had more sex with other women than they ever had with guys in high school, and during stagette one of them were apparently trying to find me (I didn't go), because there were rumors that I was gay.

Although it's certainly not always the case, this sort of thing happens quite often. I have a very unfortunate friend I've known since middle school who has always been very vocally homophobic. He's now a bitter middle aged man who has never had a lover and still maintains the sad façade. I always suspected, but the real tell was the one time a few years back when I was looking something up on his computer and let's just say he is not the sort to clear his browser history. I didn't go looking intentionally but you know how the search field pops up with a load of your recent searches...

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 2:06AM

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Hmmmm. I normally like this kind of thing, but gave the LN translation a read and it feels... very uncomfy. You need juuuust the right tone for an “oh no! A sexy lady that I kinda hate (and kinda dig) is unraveling my repressed lesbianism and I’m just [drapes hand over face] powerless to stop her! Whatever shall I do?” kinda story and this... really doesn’t have that. Maybe the manga will do a better job but... yeaaaah, it’s got a certain, “she actually dislikes it, but the author decides that she stays there and is pleasured by it” vibe, and the other girl literally says she likes it more when they don’t like it/her.

I hope the manga changes up the tone, because if it can pull it off this premise is like catnip for me.

Okay I take it back, just finished it and it’s so fucking cute dude, I actually really really liked it and felt like I went on a journey. If they fix the tone problem then it’s top-tier fantasy-logic material.

joined Jun 3, 2014

So if she's straight she'll get money but if she's gay then she won't get money hmmmmmmm

joined Sep 11, 2019

Despite the many complaints of the series that I've read, the LN ain't too bad (aside from grammar in translations) and I enjoyed it. Obviously not for everyone.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Speaking of dumb girls, her whole group is worrying, like that girl who brought up the sugar daddy topic in the first place and the fact that they think is just going to eat fancy dinner and compliments, how DUMB can these girls be?

Spoiler, but her 2 friends only mention girl on girl in the first place because they are dating and they want to test MC's reaction. Needless to say with her homophobic remarks the 2 of them don't bring up that topic until a few months later. The sugar daddy is sort of a distraction, the friends honestly don't think Marika is dumb enough to go for it.

That's good, it makes senses why they would ask in the first place

joined Apr 6, 2018

my god that is a win-win situation. I am in.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

This is feeling pretty problematic to me. Rich girl hasn’t given any indication she likes popular girl. It just feels like she’s challenging her for her own amusement. There’s no romance at all. At least not yet. I’ll give it two or three chapters to see how it shakes out. If it doesn’t improve, then I’m out.

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

I'm all in. Let's go!

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i don't even care about the manga anymore, i just want to read the comments discussion after all the spoiler i got, way more interesting

cute drawings tho

last edited at Feb 11, 2021 4:14AM

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

How many title drops is this series going to have jfc

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

sign me up. subscribed :D

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Having read the LN now out of curiosity, gotta say... yeahhhh, dubcon for sure. Dubcon attributed to "tsun" behavior, even, which, just... yeah. I'll still read it but it'll be one of those reads where I'm squicky the whole time, lol.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Hey, some of us like dubcon or noncon. Looking forward to it!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Hey, some of us like dubcon or noncon. Looking forward to it!

I don't mind it when it's packaged right, this one doesn't feel that way to me. BUT, thats just me. You do you, whatever makes you happy. lol

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

I'm here for a long-ish ride to lewd stuff.

joined Apr 29, 2018

the art style is beautiful on this one. i don't know how the story will go but i'm just wondering if mc's "two girls can't be together" is just plain stupid homophobia or something happened in her past that makes her say that...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Linterdiction posted:

You need juuuust the right tone for an “oh no! A sexy lady that I kinda hate (and kinda dig) is unraveling my repressed lesbianism and I’m just [drapes hand over face] powerless to stop her! Whatever shall I do?”

This is so funny. I don't really know of any of these newer "awakening" stories like that, though. Maybe I haven't read enough of them.

joined Nov 5, 2015

The other girl look like that and she had the audacity to say she has the advantage

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Y'know, hopefully the Translators get the Uncensored RAWs. If not, hopefully they can update the scans with the Uncensored Version, at a later point (something the scanlators refused to do with Oppai ga Suki, unfortunately)

M
joined Jun 15, 2016

omg all these posts saying you pass on the series, like whatever no one cares

anyway, more spoilers and raw links pls

To reply you must either login or sign up.