Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Lots Of Panty Images

To the trash it goes

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

Eh, the reason I don't watch much anime is because quite a bit of it looks very generic to me.

Like any other medium, you'll find a big portion of anime generic and trashy. That doesn't mean that the good shows should go unnoticed just because it seems that way though.

To the trash it goes

If you were originally interested in watching, I'd say give it a chance. Ikuhara might be a troll and possibly a pervert, but he's a brilliant one. There's a good reason why he's working with Morishima Akiko and there's also possibly a good reason for those panty shots.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

If you were originally interested in watching, I'd say give it a chance.

Well i will, but if there's one thing i despise more than moe pandering it's fanservice pandering
One thing is having gratuitous panty shots in your show, another thing is having it in the damn character design for advertisement

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

If you were originally interested in watching, I'd say give it a chance.

Well i will, but if there's one thing i despise more than moe pandering it's fanservice pandering
One thing is having gratuitous panty shots in your show, another thing is having it in the damn character design for advertisement

yeah I hate fanservice as well but its partly made by morishima akiko so I'm not too worried.
p.s. moe is amazing

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So much for Les-bears.... :(

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

anime got rebooted
http://yurination.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/yuri-kuma-arashi-1st-trailer-plot-synopsis/
yuri don't sell so to the trash it goes.

joined Jul 5, 2014

anime got rebooted
http://yurination.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/yuri-kuma-arashi-1st-trailer-plot-synopsis/
yuri don't sell so to the trash it goes.

Story is completely different lol. It will probably turn out het too... sigh. We can't have anything good.

last edited at Nov 14, 2014 5:20PM

Michiava1
joined Nov 4, 2014

Cautiously optimistic and I hope the Yuri is strong.
Otherwise why get Morishima Akiko involved in the manga side of the project in the first place?

last edited at Nov 14, 2014 9:32PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Sooo... the manga is like a prequel to the anime? But but we dont have all the volumes yet.... :(
I dunno, I want to get excited for the new anime announcement for next year, but since only 2chapters in so far .... either way ill tune in when it airs ...
And more power to the yuri anime!

joined Jul 5, 2014

It is neither a sequel nor a prequel. They were both 'supposed' to be the same story, with the anime being the adaptation of Morishima's manga version. But from what I know, the two versions are going to be completely different (though occasionally using the other for source).

Take that as you will, but I'm going to be pissed if Ikuhara waters down the yuri content of the anime simply to pander to the audience. Cause sadly, yuri doesn't sell well... At least we can hope Morishima won't sell out and take the manga down that route.

I'll admit, Ikuhara was the driving force behind anime like Sailor Moon and Utena, but reading quotes from his wiki, he prefers yuri subtext to het romance simply because het romance tends to take over the story a lot. So, I'm expecting the yuri to take a backseat in the anime :/

There's also the fact that he loves to load his shows with symbolism, that could get annoying at some point, and his last show was totally ruined in the second half because of it.

So long as it stays yuri, it's win still, at least we're getting some yuri anime ^^

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 4:32AM

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Otherwise why get Morishima Akiko involved in the manga side of the project in the first place?

And why deliver panties fan service in character design pics? Ikuhara's gathering the crowd. That of course means that yuri fanbase is part of the targeted audience. It doesn't however mean we gonna end up with yuri :)
Oh, and Morishima's also a great mangaka - it's a great reason to work with her!

It is neither a sequel nor a prequel. They were both 'supposed' to be the same story, with the anime being the adaptation of Morishima's manga version. But from what I know, the two versions are going to be completely different (though occasionally using the other for source).

My humble guess is that Ikuhara and Morishima agreed on a set of key facts of the story premise, theme, and character personalities. Then she started making an actual story while Ikuhara used it as a source material to play with to eventually produce what he wanted.

Take that as you will, but I'm going to be pissed if Ikuhara waters down the yuri content of the anime simply to pander to the audience. Cause sadly, yuri doesn't sell well... At least we can hope Morishima won't sell out and take the manga down that route.

I think this is a work of Ikuhara more than a work of yuri. I mean, it's not really about delivering to the yuri fan base, rather than raising the topics he really likes and has something to say about. I have good reasons to believe that YKA is a lot about the homosexuality and its acceptance by the society in the first case.

reading quotes from his wiki, he prefers yuri subtext to het romance simply because het romance tends to take over the story a lot. So, I'm expecting the yuri to take a backseat in the anime :/

I think what he says (or rather what's been translated) is not really his truth. I think he likes yuri a lot but doesn't what to be public about it, hence the yuri subtext in his shows. As for the romance, be it het, yaoi, or yuri - doesn't matter as it equally takes over a story. So yuri romance in a yuri setting is likelier to be broken. What kind of relationship ends up in the subtext - we'll see. But the Kureha-Ginko-LifeSexy triangle is pretty well established in the manga at least.

his last show was totally ruined in the second half because of it.

no! "What Ikuhara was trying to say is the 2nd half is actually where everything begins!" lol. It's where the main theme of the story is actually touched upon. It was great. But it's difficult to grasp if you're not ready to think a lot about it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I absolutely love what they did with the character designs. Not completely "Morishima," but they also give off a bit of an old school vibe - so no complaints from me.

Cause sadly, yuri doesn't sell well...

[citation needed]

At least we can hope Morishima won't sell out and take the manga down that route.

Please don't be absurd, Morishima wouldn't.

I'll admit, Ikuhara was the driving force behind anime like Sailor Moon and Utena, but reading quotes from his wiki, he prefers yuri subtext to het romance simply because het romance tends to take over the story a lot. So, I'm expecting the yuri to take a backseat in the anime :/

The plot synopsis openly states one of the main character's as having a "friends as well as lovers" relationship with one of the other girls.

I always appreciate a good dose of pessimism, but I don't think the reactions in this thread have been justified by anything new. If people are worried because Ikuhara's involved, they ought to have been pessimistic from the start. Otherwise, the news that has come out hasn't actually changed anything, just our perceptions of what may be present.

Oh, and Morishima's also a great mangaka - it's a great reason to work with her!

I would've liked to see that question reversed. Why would Morishima get involved if it weren't yuri? Of course, the practical answer is that it is yuri, and that's one of the reasons she's doing it.

I think this is a work of Ikuhara more than a work of yuri. I mean, it's not really about delivering to the yuri fan base, rather than raising the topics he really likes and has something to say about. I have good reasons to believe that YKA is a lot about the homosexuality and its acceptance by the society in the first case.

This sums it up perfectly.

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 12:54PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Ehhh my only real fear at this point is that generally in anime, Couples that get together before the story begins almost NEVER last the full length of the show.

Fine with me as I ship Kureha x Ginko anyway GAAAR xDDD

In the end though with Ikuhara ANYTHING could happend and all anime worthy of hype garner a few reservations, we all pretty much have no choice but to wait and see.

You guys just read the chapter 4! I'm getting so trolled with it xDDDD

joined Dec 16, 2013

yuri not happening like Witchcraft works.

joined Mar 28, 2014

site update:
- new key visual: http://yurikuma.jp/index.html
- three new characters: http://yurikuma.jp/chara.html (the bottom, 4th row)
- cast's talking about their characters: http://yurikuma.jp/special_01.html

The translations will most likely appear soon in the ANN news

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

That one sure feels almost yuri though. I sometimes think the only reason MC is male is to keep saying "white stuff". And probably blush and giggle while doing it.

joined Mar 28, 2014

just found this poster on MAL. It's really lewd...

oh, and the ANN did a little update news. No interview translations unfortunately, but Kaoru's really... Looks like we'll have a lot of yuri service in the show.

last edited at Nov 29, 2014 11:52AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

just found this poster on MAL. It's really lewd...

Oh boy...

At least i can say that the background in the trailer looks really, really charming, i'm a sucker for backgrounds (Especially the stuff made by Kenji Matsumoto, though maybe i'm biased towards the guy since he's always following my favorite director around [Though he's completely unrelated so why did i bring his up]) so at least there's something for me to be happy about

joined Dec 16, 2013

That one sure feels almost yuri though. I sometimes think the only reason MC is male is to keep saying "white stuff". And probably blush and giggle while doing it.

probably because it intended to be yuri but got changed last minute.......
i sure hope the mothers get together somehow...gay until graduation trope piss me off.
or the mc actually a girl all along but under curse.

joined Dec 16, 2013

wow a lot of characters names yuri...

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

New PV

0:01 - I found [you/it], Tsubaki Kureha, a delicious meal. You smell appetizing. I'll tell you what I like, rawr.
0:10 - Alright! I'll make sure I eat a lot of girls!
0:14 - I like you, Kureha-chan. I like you a lot.
0:18 - You don't know anything! Stop talking like you know Sumika and I!
0:23 - Get away! I won't let you lay a finger on Kureha!
0:27 - I've never seen Mitsuko like that.
0:29 - I'll never forgive something like that!
0:31 - Die! Die! Die!
0:34 - The time of judgement has come. Rawr, rawr.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow! This has totally turned my dull Saturday to Fabulous Max!
Although I can't deny I'm a little annoyed with the voice cast overall, that Gao Gao for sure is incredibly cute.

UPD:
The moving text says, "Revolving around extinct lovers, this is a legend of nowadays. Learn more without getting caught in that transparent storm."
It's not entirely clear and is up to our interpretation whether Ikuhara means extinct love (as in a feeling between the two), or extinct type of love (as in yuri vs het)

last edited at Dec 6, 2014 2:22PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

probably because it intended to be yuri but got changed last minute.......
i sure hope the mothers get together somehow...gay until graduation trope piss me off.
or the mc actually a girl all along but under curse.

I agree that gay until graduation trope needs to be buried and forgotten... It really really irritates me. You don't play with someones emotions like that (if you're a decent person anyway) and then be like "Oh sorry, I gotta get married to this dude now, bye!"

Witchcraft Works would have been way more fun as a yuri show. They could have just changed white stuff to pink stuff and it would still have worked.

Screenshot_5
joined Aug 20, 2014

theres an anime of this coming too :3

so i would suggest an Anime Tag

last edited at Dec 12, 2014 8:17AM

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is the lack of Kureha x Ginko. I was really excited to see them be together, but the synopsis and new PV/images have slapped me in the face. T T Although I'll be crossing my fingers that they get together in the end.

Really looking forward to seeing the anime in a few weeks. The little 'Gao Gao' Ginko says is really cute. I keep repeating the PV just to hear it. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.