Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

The Love trio is so fabulous I can't take it.

I actually really like the OP. If Penguindrum is anything to go by, I hope we get a love conquers all happy end for both Kureha and Sumika.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Anyone found english subs yet? Funimation is apparently sitting on their thumbs and not releasing it. ʕ>ㅅ<ʔ

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Am I the only one who think this Sumika seems way too boring compared to the rest of the character ? I hope the anime will prove me wrong.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Lesbears OP (watch it while it lasts!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64AbgBKTUGQ

What the hell did I just watch?

Also reports says that around the 17 minute mark, the show becomes a MASSIVE acid trip.

Why am I crying? Why is this so cute...aaaahh

"J'ai besoin de toi" at the end, do you hear it too?

Died from overload cuteness already

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 3:13PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

WAO! I just saw the first episode of the anime. THEY COMPLETELY SLAUGHTERED THE MANGAS STORY. NOTHING EVEN RESEMBLING IT REMAINS. So if you go to see the anime, don't go cuz you liked the manga, that's for sure. I fucking hate it when they promise to animate something and then completely and utterly ignore the thing they based it off of! WTF is up with that!?!?!

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 3:30PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Already knew this was gonna happen but... Was gonna give it a shot but all that bear-suit-magical-girl bullshit always repulses me making me cringe in pain.

joined Jul 2, 2013

WAO! I just saw the first episode of the anime. THEY COMPLETELY SLAUGHTERED THE MANGAS STORY. NOTHING EVEN RESEMBLING IT REMAINS. So if you go to see the anime, don't go cuz you liked the manga, that's for sure.

Ikuhara has already made it clear that the manga and the anime will not be the same. Saying they slaughtered the manga's story is unnecessarily harsh as they are both originals in their own right.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Don't know for English sub yet, but French sub available.
Link wanted?

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I don't know much French, German I can understand more...

joined Jul 2, 2013

German subs are also out if you want those. Unfortunately, CR won't be doing English as Funi picked it up.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Also reports says that around the 17 minute mark, the show becomes a MASSIVE acid trip.

I didn't heard that, I wouldn't have noticed by myself but it's clearly what she says. It may be the first french line that doesn't feel weird in an anime/opening x)

I wouldn't mind having the french link x)

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 3:45PM

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I had to look up J'ai besoin de toi (I need you). haha.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

WAO! I just saw the first episode of the anime. THEY COMPLETELY SLAUGHTERED THE MANGAS STORY. NOTHING EVEN RESEMBLING IT REMAINS. So if you go to see the anime, don't go cuz you liked the manga, that's for sure. I fucking hate it when they promise to animate something and then completely and utterly ignore the thing they based it off of! WTF is up with that!?!?!

We already knew that the anime and the manga were different things entirely.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

WAO! I just saw the first episode of the anime. THEY COMPLETELY SLAUGHTERED THE MANGAS STORY. NOTHING EVEN RESEMBLING IT REMAINS. So if you go to see the anime, don't go cuz you liked the manga, that's for sure.

Ikuhara has already made it clear that the manga and the anime will not be the same. Saying they slaughtered the manga's story is unnecessarily harsh as they are both originals in their own right.

And as far as I can tell, Morishima is perfectly happy with the anime adaptation.

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I didn't heard that, I wouldn't have noticed by myself but it's clearly what she says. It may be the first french line that doesn't feel weird in an anime/opening x)

I wouldn't mind having the french link x)

French Link:
http://hdstreamangas.com/yuri-kuma-arashi-01-vostfr-streaming.html

For whoever watched it, here is a question:
When they say they eat girls, shall we understand it as a metaphor of...having sex with them?

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 4:00PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

For whoever watched it, here is a question:
When they say they eat girls, shall we understand it as a metaphor of...having sex with them?

Probably only in the case of Kureha as it felt like they really were eating the other girl and we still don't know what happened to Sumika.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think it depends on the girl, some of them they want to eat, others they want to eat out. xD

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I'm somewhat disappointed by this first episode. After all the information we've had before, I wasn't really hoping for yuri. Instead I was looking for something at the level of Penguindrum but no, it's just too much random thing, one after another without breaks... Maybe it's just because it's the first episode

joined Jul 2, 2013

I'm somewhat disappointed by this first episode. After all the information we've had before, I wasn't really hoping for yuri. Instead I was looking for something at the level of Penguindrum but no, it's just too much random thing, one after another without breaks... Maybe it's just because it's the first episode

Penguindrum's first episode was almost just as confusing though.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think Penguindrum was a lot more confusing as the series went on... I'm still now sure what it was about. xD

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Penguindrum was confusing, they never really gave explication about anything but the pace was not the same, at least at the beginning. You didn't have all the weird att the same time

Edit : I went and checked the first episode of penguindrum. And they at least gives the situation of the characters, it's a lot less confusing. After the first episode of Yuri Kuma, you don't even understand a thing and yet a lot have been done.

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 4:42PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

I'm sure each anime deserves to exist by itself, without remaining in the shadow of others produced by the same team.

By the way, the first words of the OP are: "Viens avec moi". (I think that's what she tries to say..)
Sorry, I think I broke the repeat button.

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 4:59PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Wow you're great at french japanese version, even knowing there was french in it I didn't catch it x)

Still I'm disappointed, this anime had great promise, hope the continuation will be better.
I'm saying that now but at the end of the anime I'm sure I will say it's great

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 5:37PM

Yurifaceapproved3%20copy
joined Sep 10, 2014

Wow you're great at french japanese version, even knowing there was french in it I didn't catch it x)

Still I'm disappointed, this anime had great promise, hope the continuation will be better.
I'm saying that now but at the end of the anime I'm sure I will say it's great

I must admit, I'm cheating...
I caught it because French is one of my mother tongues and I'm a little high with it right now, lol
I wasn't expecting anything special with this anime, so I'll just follow the flow and see what happens ;)

Here is the link for you, English speakers:
http://www.anime4fun.com/yuri-kuma-arashi-episode-1

last edited at Jan 5, 2015 6:06PM

joined Jul 2, 2013

Here is the link for you, English speakers:
http://www.anime4fun.com/yuri-kuma-arashi-episode-1

A little warning on these subs. They're translations of the CR translations, so watch at your own risk. I haven't seen it yet, so I can't put out any judgement.

To reply you must either login or sign up.