Forum › Yuri Kuma Arashi discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

Finally a new chapter!! That is err*uhh thank you for the chapter scantalators ^_^ lol ;)
I think this'll be an amusing series !!

last edited at Sep 17, 2014 1:30AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 2, pg 07 misspelled "transformed"

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

If she actually turns into a bear at some point, this will become my favourite yuri manga, with no others even coming close

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Kureha = Hunter
Yurishiro = bear
Storm = faceless masses
Hunter -> Love bullet -> Bear amidst the faceless masses.

Imgur

I think there's more to the storm than faceless masses. A storm occurs AMONG the crowd, but what causes it, the epicenter of the storm itself is no less important. Ikuhara is very smart to notice how the flasher is perceived by the girls - they are scared, they find the guy disgusting. But this is how in fact the faceless crowds perceive all kinds of deviations, including the homosexuality. Both Kureha and the flasher guy are bear storms. What makes a difference between the two is that Kureha's trying to hide her public indecency, trying to ignore it, trying to become as transparent to the society as possible. Yet Yurishiro claims that she's going to find Kureha, even in the transparent storm that Kureha's causing. This is what Ikuhara meant in his twitter soon after the announcement of the YKA anime: https://twitter.com/ikuni_noise/status/508253483070660608
He and Morishima are in the centre of everyone's attention (because of the announcement), they are very popular - they are in the centre of the storm.

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

that random guy just came out of nowhere showing his nut

joined Mar 28, 2014

Ahh that makes things a little clearer, say when near the end of CH.02 where Kureha and Yurishiro are snuggled up against each other, dream prez mentions the storm is "far away", perhaps it means in that particular moment Kureha was comfortable with herself? with her....public indecency as you put it (lol).

Haha, whoever put it as a tag to the chapter certainly nailed it!
And yes, I think Kureha does feel safe and secure around Yurishiro and the prez, hence they appear as bear-cosplaying humans, not the bears who are willing to eat her. She sees that they're originating from bears (i.e. those who sort of only see her as a sex object), but have a human form (i.e. they see her as a person in the first case and are there to protect her). Basically, Kureha trusts both, because each protected her from the exhibitionist, but boy is it turning into a love triangle drama, as was heavily foreshadowed in the 2nd chapter. And the love bullet + plus hunting, that you mentioned above, certainly is a part of it!
Ah, can't wait to read the next chapter. It looks so awesome in Chinese yet has so much important text there, that I'd like to properly understand...

sorry if i don't really seem to make much sense sometimes, but obsessive study over works by more "out there" creators can make some people go a little....y'know?

LOL, I know, I think after the study I did for Penguindrum, I'm not even, as you say, a little xD Besides, everything you've written up till now makes total sense, at least to me ;)

On a side note, I'm really.. really curious about the voice cast for the show... I can perfectly hear both Kureha and Ginko in my head, so I really hope it will match to Ikuhara's preferences...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't know what the fuck is the deal with the bears and the dreams but the story is pretty cute and the art is fantastic. Really looking forward for the anime.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Lol... a flasher :v

joined Mar 28, 2014

just in case you missed it, the character designs, key visual, and voice cast are out. Read more at ANN.
Arakawa Miho (Himari in Penguindrum) for Ginko sounds a little strange to my ears - most certainly I expected a different voice here, but let's see.
The character designs lost some of Morishima's original fluffiness and cuteness and became more edgy. But based on the pics, they sure are more dynamic.

Oh, and Ikuni posted earlier on twitter today that the genre is still quite underdeveloped in his opinion, and there's a lot to add, which he plans to do. This might hint to YKA being a yuri deconstruction show, giving birth to yuri 2.0 or something like that, haha. Let's see what he has in store for us. I'm sure, he finds it exciting for a good reason ^__^

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 8:44PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Character design's looking way less round thank god

joined Mar 28, 2014

One more character design pic
Ginko wearing heeled boots - that's a change... seems Ikuhara again has more planned for the anime than there's in the manga.

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 9:04PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So it seems ikuhara seems pretty excited at what he can do with yuri, it's weird, i feel both really excited and really scared for some reason. Someone please tell i'm right to feel that way.

Well we don't get yuri animes too often, so at least i'll be excited about tha-WAAAAAAIT wait, they've put a scope on the flintlock rifle, 0/10 biggest betrayal of the year

last edited at Sep 30, 2014 12:21PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

So it seems ikuhara seems pretty excited at what he can do with yuri, it's weird, i feel both really excited and really scared for some reason. Someone please tell i'm right to feel that way.

I'm just a tiny bit sceptic about those panties in chara design, but knowing Ikuhara... I still have very high hopes ^__^

joined Mar 28, 2014

Grrr! Grrr!!!

last edited at Oct 19, 2014 11:05AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So when Lesbears starts airing?

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

So when Lesbears starts airing?

Its scheduled to air winter 2015, so beginning of next year.

joined Mar 28, 2014

more hot Kureha on yurikuma.jp
Imgur

last edited at Oct 19, 2014 11:04AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dem lines -Hnnnngg!!
I think Morinaga style is cool for a manga... But not for animation

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013
Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

probably not yuri coz it's gonna has male lead............
http://www.fandompost.com/2014/10/28/yuri-kuma-arashi-anime-gets-male-leads-lots-of-panty-images/

One of the female leads, Kureha I believe, was confirmed to be in a relationship with a girl. Either that or Ikuhara is just trolling like always.

joined Apr 9, 2014

http://www.fandompost.com/2014/10/28/yuri-kuma-arashi-anime-gets-male-leads-lots-of-panty-images/

whywhwyhwywhwyhw

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Uh, the title mention male leads (plural), but the article itself doesn't say that the lead character will be male and the plot synopsys at the end of it imply that it will be the girls.

From what I read, the article just says that yes, there will be some male characters, so it won't be a "girls only setting" (which any of us having read the available chapters here already knew). But I don't see it as saying that it will have a male character as a lead. And even the character files puts the male characters in a rather "secondary roles" position.

The title can be misleading, yeah, but I doubt they'll make that much of a change for the anime.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

hmm I think maybe they will be like antagonists in a sense

To reply you must either login or sign up.