Forum › My Friendship Route With the Villainess discussion

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

It was dumb and yuri would have improved it but it's better than the three-way relationship bullshit from last time.

Ultear is best girl tho

Edit: It's still dumb but the story wasn't that bad tbh after reading it again. I still prefer it to yuri but both characters have a good relationship

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 1:26PM

joined Jun 7, 2019

it was cute
at least this one was tagged correctly, it would be good if the girls end up together but this is fine too,i enjoyed it :)) (i actually could feel this more like a friendship than anything else so i don't feel baited xD)

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 1:22PM

%e1%a8%b3%20%e9%ba%b7%e2%ad%8f%20icon%20%db%ab%db%ab%e2%9c%a7%20(1)
joined Jan 6, 2021

it's literally called "my friendship route", maybe y'all should read a title sometime

This, truly certain.

%e1%a8%b3%20%e9%ba%b7%e2%ad%8f%20icon%20%db%ab%db%ab%e2%9c%a7%20(1)
joined Jan 6, 2021

Love the part where all ladies gathered to defend miss Ultear, and incidentally embarrass her.
Thanks for the hard work.

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 2:04PM

joined Sep 12, 2014

Forgot to check the tags. Big mistake.

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 2:37PM

joined Jan 26, 2021

I liked it, I mean yes no yuri but I went in expecting this and it’s honestly kind of a relief from the other isekai stories on here where the girl creepily tries to get the villainess and goes so far as to become her maid and # 1 stalker. I liked their friendship

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This was pretty cute but meh just like the story before that was also cute and very nice. Story was very great and it showed a really cute friendship that may go yuri in the future

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Why tf people so angry? I thought this was the best one from the compilation! It gave enough time to build the background and relationship and stuff like that, and the villainess was super cute.

The only reason I can see people being this pissed is from being surprised by the het ending, which was not only implied from the title but also tagged.

I thought it was also an interesting portrayal of women in a clearly patriarchal European monarchy setting exerting their limited authority to defend their moe, like how more cultured can you get??

Seriously. Leave Ultear-sama alone! I won’t stand for this slander!

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Good inclusion in this yuri anthology
thank you very cool exactly what was wanted

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i was not expecting to find another story from this anthology that i disliked more than the previous one. my biggest problem isn’t the het(although i mean cmon y no yuri)it’s just that it comes out of nowhere. regardless of gender/sexuality stuff, i find it pretty reasonable to want characters with similar levels of depth to be paired together, not have an entire story dedicated to a certain pair, and then have one of them married in the last page to some nameless cliche. in all fairness, duh of course that would happen i read the title, and i guess it still isn’t really het(yet?). also, the anthology never quite specifies itself to be purely yuri as far as i know, so i can’t complain about it not fitting in with the rest either

last edited at Jan 26, 2021 4:52PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Arent these... The same plot every time?

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

I like how she's fantasizing so much about a fanfic she got isekai'd

Best way to go!

20200211_042722
joined Feb 10, 2020

And they were roommates

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

It as supruasingly differente for to other isekai villianess "yuri" of the Anthology, but i guess that's beacause it's not yuri after alla. Nice but if it would ended in yuri all would have been worth.

Anyway, art was good as always. So, it's ok, i guess.

Uncertain_prodigy_cropped_300
joined Jul 25, 2018

This was kinda cute. Mostly I found it hilarious how derivative it was of similar works though. Thanks for translating it!

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Instead of reading it I just flipped through for the art and made my own headcanon. It was probably better like that.

StrawberryStrallod
joined Sep 26, 2019

Shallow, whiney comments from people who got their hopes up despite the tags. Literal baby comments bashing a story for not being what it said it wouldn't be and can't appreciate something for what it is: a cute story with semi-drama and fluff . The hell is wrong with the community here?

20201123_223345
joined Jan 7, 2017

Man there is way too much hate on this. This was a great & lovely story with charming characters & setting. I loved this story even if it wasn't yuri &, like others have pointed out, it was tagged as such! You shouldn't let your personal preferences blind you to a wonderful story whether it be this one or any others.

joined Jun 5, 2020

Man there is way too much hate on this. This was a great & lovely story with charming characters & setting. I loved this story even if it wasn't yuri &, like others have pointed out, it was tagged as such! You shouldn't let your personal preferences blind you to a wonderful story whether it be this one or any others.

A great story wouldn’t introduce a pointless male right at the end just to ruin the yuri

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

The problem isn't with the tags or title being misleading, because they're not, it's that the anthology that this is a part of is kinda turning out to be rather queerbaity. It's perfectly understandable that people are getting frustrated when they're waiting for more WLW stories with each new update but then, like, not really getting that.

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 12:43AM

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Imagine buying an anthology titled "I'm the Villainess, but the Heroine's Trying to Capture Me?!", seeing it marketed as "girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess," and then getting queerbait and het stories.

Our perspective on this site is that we're just getting random, unconnected (and free, naturally) one-shots with genre tags that semi-spoil the content, but that's not what it's actually supposed to be. "Just look at the tags"? Consider yourself lucky you have tags.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

StrawberryStrallod posted:

Shallow, whiney comments from people who got their hopes up despite the tags. Literal baby comments bashing a story for not being what it said it wouldn't be and can't appreciate something for what it is: a cute story with semi-drama and fluff . The hell is wrong with the community here?

Don't make posts like this. You can make your point perfectly fine without being insulting towards others for disagreeing with you.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Imagine buying an anthology titled "I'm the Villainess, but the Heroine's Trying to Capture Me?!", seeing it marketed as "girl x girl relationships, with a focus on Heroine x Villainess," and then getting queerbait and het stories.

this

regardless of gender/sexuality stuff, i find it pretty reasonable to want characters with similar levels of depth to be paired together, not have an entire story dedicated to a certain pair, and then have one of them married in the last page to some nameless cliche.

also this

i was not expecting to find another story from this anthology that i disliked more than the previous one. my biggest problem isn’t the het(although i mean cmon y no yuri)it’s just that it comes out of nowhere.

hibike euphonium and amanchu flashbacks

also yeah my b, i didn´t read the tags properly, i just read it because it was part of the anthology, big mistake
i guess i got korra´d again

last edited at Jan 27, 2021 3:10AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

-Named Yuri Anthology.
-Gets hetted to crap.
-You are whiny babies!

Even weebs are human you know?

joined Mar 5, 2016

A great story wouldn’t introduce a pointless male right at the end just to ruin the yuri

there probably was not ever going to be all that much homosexual romance in a story about the friendship route, at least not between the main characters

To reply you must either login or sign up.