Forum › Who Decided That Blues Had To Be Cool!? discussion

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Drat, guess she's not Ruby

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 5:45PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

the Blue Knight splendidly got outed as an otaku

joined May 24, 2014

Wow

Ungrateful bitch, how much?

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Wow

What did you expect?

joined Feb 18, 2015

Wow

What did you expect?

But her first reaction was that it wasn't THAT bad of a dream, because she definitely found the girl that saved her HOT AF. It's only natural that she would start backpedaling on the thirst once she realized just exactly what she "dreamt" about since she's not a fan of that type of show. I don't think you can call her ungrateful when Azusa successfully convinced her that it was all a dream and not reality.

last edited at Jan 13, 2021 1:00PM

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

This artist has a knack for drawing great expressions. I could practically hear the "ACK!" Sound effect as her friend got blue karate chopped in the neck

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

That's some magical hypnotism! I guess that's what makes it Blue.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Screw Blues and Pinks, Black is the only answer for our dapper ikemen queen.

joined Feb 22, 2018

In Sentai shows:

Red usually represents leadership (traditional) or hot headed rookies.
Blue is usually the second-in-command, and is either the serious "smart" character, or the more laid back one (in either case the "cool" character).
Green is usually the comic relief character or the wild card, unless they're the Sixth Ranger, in which case they're a powerhouse.
Yellow is usually a motivational morale booster or the level headed warrior (if female), or comic relief (if male)
Pink is usually the voice of reason. (*)
White and Black are either Sixth Rangers, represent wild cards, or sub for Red or Blue Rangers in command positions. Unless they're female (always White, in which case they sub for any secondary female ranger color).

(*): Definitely not Azusa

(Extracted from the Ranger Wiki)

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 3:42AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

That was a Lot of character showcase All of a sudden, i like it

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 3:55AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It certainly makes me notice these sterotypes in these shows- mainly thinking of precure..

Like Blues are always not just cool, but the really smart character, aren't they? Can't a cool character also get failing grades lol? Cool isnt the same as smart but they always are!

And for some reason the MC in precure has never been blue have they? Not that I recall.. Its normally pink right?
bar Nagisa- if she can be called the main of the 2- though she does have pink trimming.. Why are magic girl leaders always pink? Just because its the most 'girly'?

You'd think cool and smart blue would be a good leader? Is it they think people cant relate to blues?
Or leaders need passion?

@ Arcane I will point out Sentai isnt the same as magic girl. There is some overlap in colour associations, like blue- but most of the others aren't the same really. e.g magic girls are rarely red and the leaders are pink.

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 5:20AM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

High school peers giving you shit? Better go find you’re highly impressionable middle school gf for the morale boost

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 5:19AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It certainly makes me notice these sterotypes in these shows- mainly thinking of precure..

Like Blues are always not just cool, but the really smart character, aren't they? Can't a cool character also get failing grades lol? Cool isnt the same as smart but they always are!

And for some reason the MC in precure has never been blue have they? Not that I recall.. Its normally pink right?
bar Nagisa- if she can be called the main of the 2- though she does have pink trimming.. Why are magic girl leaders always pink? Just because its the most 'girly'?

You'd think cool and smart blue would be a good leader? Is it they think people cant relate to blues?
Or leaders need passion?

@ Arcane I will point out Sentai isnt the same as magic girl. There is some overlap in colour associations, like blue- but most of the others aren't the same really. e.g magic girls are rarely red and the leaders are pink.

Well stereotypical group setups are very Common, most Adventure Cartoons casts are just Chip n Dale rescue Rangers
The lewder, the Brain, the Muscle, the goof and the pet

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

Gunjou's just a poor fella tryin to make a change, And instead of encouragement, receives one gut punch after another. Sad really

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Gunjou's just a poor fella tryin to make a change, And instead of encouragement, receives one gut punch after another. Sad really

yeah, Gunjou is really feeling blue now

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I want to know how they decide on the roles when they're all pink.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

The eyes mascot seems to know all of Blue's secret. Aside from Blue x Red, it seems like Blue x humanized eye mascot.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

cursed thought: this romantic premise is almost like Miraculous Ladybug

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Not Pee

Yurinium_replenished
joined Jan 27, 2021

Or leaders need passion?

I think of three stereotypes when I think of blue-themed characters, either a) the kind and smart/intelligent one (Ami from Sailor Moon, Rikka from DokiDoki Precure) b) the "cool beauty" (Tsubasa from Symphogear, Ryuugasaki Umi from MK Rayearth, Aoki Reika from Smile Precure, maybe Haruka from Sailor Moon) or c) the "loud tomboy" (Erika from Heartcatch Precure and Aiko from Ojamajo Doremi, admittedly this is a rare one). Probably it's down to the association of the colour blue with calmness (more befitting thinkers), but also coldness.

And yeah, the PreCure leaders have been universally pink to some degree since Splash Star, but I think the general trend began when Sailor Moon's lead had a pink color scheme to her transformation (though her outfit's main colour is usually white with either red and/or blue in the mix and later yellow when it came to her Super and Eternal forms), around the same time Momoko from Wedding Peach also went for a pink scheme, later mahou shoujo team leaders/main characters such has Doremi Harukaze (and to some extent Utena Tenjou and Sakura Kinomoto) also usually went for pink as an image colour. And yeah in that case I think it's partially down to some good old "pink aisle" sexism, but also probably to differentiate themselves more from shounen series and sentai where the leader is usually red-clothed or in other ways associated with the colour red (Digimon's MCs usually are red-themed, either in their clothes or by an association with fire). And passion - or at the very least curiousity - but also kindness are just generally characteristics you see quite often in media from Japan when it comes to MCs (kindness being very much a common trait in Magical Girl MCs, they often tend to be the most reserved about fighting and only see it as a last resort and even outright killing as a line they never wish to cross).

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Ruby is thirsty. Her hand was going places at page 8. Even "Azu" got "wet" during the moment XD

joined Mar 13, 2020

Ruby is thirsty. Her hand was going places at page 8. Even "Azu" got "wet" during the moment XD

Well, she did show appreciation for Blues "assets" in a previous chapter~

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

I hope this story has a turn in it somewhere, would love to see actual romance or something...

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

I hope this story has a turn in it somewhere, would love to see actual romance or something...

Where have you been it’s been getting gayer with every chapter

joined Jan 15, 2015

LEWD

To reply you must either login or sign up.