Forum › The Promise I Made to Eve discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I like how people are wondering why Eve's a child now and say that it's just Itou Hachi being Itou Hachi. But, no one realised that she herself was a child when she met Eve. Basically, it's a reversal now where Eve becomes the child and she becomes the adult.

That's just a statement of facts, it doesn't actually explain anything about why. It's like that old movie, Seven. Whenever I talked about why Brad Pitt's character got to live in the end, someone would inevitability say "Don't you get it, wrath killed envy" like that explained anything.

Aww, c'mon, John. What's in the box??

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

If you look at it one way, a logical explanation for bringing Eve back as a child is because that’s how the MC pictured her in the first place (they first met when the MC was that age, and that’s how the MC always viewed her as behaving). In reality, it’s probably just because Itou Hachi is an unrepentant lolicon, and needed to replace the loli that grew up. Its whatever, doesn’t really damage the story for me.

Also scrapping androids that have their own free will (or at least something close to that)...Pretty sure that would be illegal.

In fairness the the scrappers (and possibly the mother but probably not), every other robot at that time seems to have just been a mindless servitor designed for particular task, so it wouldn’t be too hard to conclude that this one was just designed to imitate human behavior without really having a consciousness/will of its own. Plus, she was probably put into sleep mode to begin with.

I do have to point out their shoddy workmanship, though. Who just leaves random robot body parts and half-scrapped littered around the work floor? That’s both dangerous and a dramatic waste of both time and resources. Tsks disapprovingly.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 1:12AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

She's able to give the person she loves any body she wants in bringing her back. It is only natural she would chose a loli, anyone would.

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

Yeah, YP have been pretty consistently anti-yuri like this in localizing the whole series. It's just not a good idea to give them money.

+1.

The “Eclair (Color)” series are a disappointment. I wouldn’t bother with buying anything more from YP.

I prefer “Seven Seas” publisher.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

She's able to give the person she loves any body she wants in bringing her back. It is only natural she would chose a loli, anyone would.

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

Yeah, YP have been pretty consistently anti-yuri like this in localizing the whole series. It's just not a good idea to give them money.

+1.

The “Eclair (Color)” series are a disappointment. I wouldn’t bother with buying anything more from YP.

You have to give better arguments than "They don't have Itou Hachi works" to convince me, Yen press "censor" those stories because it's lolicon and it probably clash with IRL laws in western countries.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I've read this oneshot twice and I still can't find a reason for the lolicon except "it's Itou Hachi." Tagging only as "age gap" was a bit misleading, in my opinion.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

honestly she might have made her a loli out of an internalized desire, that she might not even notice, to give a child the love her garbage mother never gave her?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

You have to give better arguments than "They don't have Itou Hachi works" to convince me, Yen press "censor" those stories because it's lolicon and it probably clash with IRL laws in western countries.

Why did you put quotes around censor, no one else said "censor". If there were actually laws against it that would be censorship, but as the other poster pointed out Seven Seas has routinely published similar Itou Hachi works in their licensed versions of Parfait among others so it is simply a business decision. In an ideal world the reaction to this decision would involve a lot of lye and a 2 ft deep trench outside of town, but we live in a free market society so I simply stated my opinion on a free market solution to their free market decision which is to not give them money thus causing them a much more slow and agonizing starvation.

joined Sep 6, 2018

+1.

I never said anything about Itou Hachi... I meant the “Eclair (color)” series were disappointing... stories were too damn short.

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Why is the new Eve a loli? It was a practical choice.
If you make her short, and keep the seasonings on the upper cupboards, she won't put salt in your tea, and sugar in your chicken stock. Just make sure to make her out of parts too heavy for her to stand on top of stools and stuff.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Also, did she murder her mother in cold blood at some point? Cause I dunno. I'd be at or about that point. Asks what I'm doing as I move sinisterly closer? "I'm having you scrapped."

Sana: "I'm having you scrapped. You are a bad influence on me."
Mom: "...well played."

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I know its Itou Hachi But for this one specifically wouldnt it fit Better if she brought Eve back in her original shape instead of a childs.

last edited at Jun 10, 2021 5:04PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I've read this oneshot twice and I still can't find a reason for the lolicon except "it's Itou Hachi." Tagging only as "age gap" was a bit misleading, in my opinion.

The age gap is for the whole flashback section, it fits

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Well thats funny, its Yen Press who is localising Monster Wrestling which is... Well maybe not the gayest thing out there But it IS highly sexual between female only characters

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

But why is she a child? Did Itou Hacji watch the ending of Huggto Precure and say "I want to make a story like that!"?

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 5:27AM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Every time there's a story with a plot like this, I imagine that the MC took over the company via a hostile takeover and puts their mother out to pasture. When the mother grows furious, the MC looks them dead in the eyes and says, "It's for your own good"

joined Aug 11, 2014

People saying "The android is a loli in the end because Itou Hachi's gotta Itou Hachi" are correct, but I also want to point out: if the android had looked like a child in the first place, nobody would have blinked. It would have easily been explained by the grandmother saying she wanted her lonely granddaughter to have a friend. But if that had happened, Itou Hachi wouldn't have been able to draw a clingy ojou-sama kissing her clueless but enthusiastic teen robo-maid, and we all know what really matters to Itou Hachi.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I don't see any Violence in this story, unless puting salt in the tea counts as the psychological variety.

afkeroge Uploader
Nanayuu
Noca Scans
joined May 29, 2015

I don't see any Violence in this story, unless puting salt in the tea counts as the psychological variety.

Violence refers to any physical action that harms another entity, be it living or otherwise. The fact that there's imagery of a half-dismantled humanoid robot with "blood" on her is enough for this story to get that tag.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Well thats funny, its Yen Press who is localising Monster Wrestling which is... Well maybe not the gayest thing out there But it IS highly sexual between female only characters

Not publishing Yuri ?

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 10:54AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

Making her a child - why?

(from lots of people)
She just developed androids able to be basically full (even if synthetic) humans. She made an android able to grow up.

EDIT: That it also gave Itou Hachi the perfect, actually plot-relevant, excuse to put a SECOND loli in the story was likely just purely coincidental an not keikaku-related at all. Honest. ;-)

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 11:02AM

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Violence refers to any physical action that harms another entity, be it living or otherwise. The fact that there's imagery of a half-dismantled humanoid robot with "blood" on her is enough for this story to get that tag.

Well, I'll defer to whatever the standard definition is here (if there is one), but I'm just pointing out that we don't actually see that harm being inflicted. A half-dismantled robot, or even a half-dismantled human, isn't something violent in itself.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

but I also want to point out: if the android had looked like a child in the first place, nobody would have blinked.

I mean, yeah? That's the point. We know Eve is a child in the future just to satisfy the author's fetish. Like, imagine the following scenario:
Your lover was murdered and many years later you have the chance to bring her back to life, but in those intervening years, you've become a bit of lolicon. What would you do?
a)bring her back as she was and just keep schlicking to loli manga like usual
b)sorry honey but you're just gonna have to get used to being a child forever

If there was a scene of Eve being like "Hey honey, before you give me a body, what if we try out that new fetish of yours?", the story would've been much sillier, but at least it'd have made more internal sense. As is, it's just really jarring.

She made an android able to grow up.

That's just a headcanon, and not one well supported by the text. If these new androids could grow up, the random passerby wouldn't be confused why her android is a child.

but actually it's a gynoid.

Fuck, you're right

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 12:53PM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

but actually it's a gynoid.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I like how there's this giant plot hole that everyone's pointing out and we all know that the answer is just "that's what the author's into"

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Maybe she's like Chachamaru from Negima and she has multiple bodies that she can use for different scenarios, or just for variety.

To reply you must either login or sign up.