Forum › The Promise I Made to Eve discussion

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

but why'd she make a kid android to house the memories of her lover??
i know this is itou hachi but still

Homu2
joined Mar 23, 2015

Itou Hachi is messed up in the best way possible

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Yeah, even more than unnecessary, it seems inconsistent. Eve was an adult, to begin with. If she was a child in the first part, then it would at least be a somewhat coherent story.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 8:03PM

Someroughclipping
joined Aug 28, 2019

I like how the "But why a child?" question is inserted in there but goes on to be unanswered. First page background ppl are basically the readers.

Itou Hachi be trolling.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Folks asking why Eve is now a child android. And the only answer I have for you is

"Science Isn't about why. Its about why not." ~ Cave Johnson.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

Lol. Come on Itou. This time I honestly think it harms the story a bit. There was no need to make her a child in the end. The Itou Hachi Age Gap Yuri Couple(tm) existed in the first half. Making her a child seemed a bit unnecessary and contrary to "bringing her back"

Also, did she murder her mother in cold blood at some point? Cause I dunno. I'd be at or about that point. Asks what I'm doing as I move sinisterly closer? "I'm having you scrapped."

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Yeah nothing can stop Itou Hachi truly a queen

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Reversal?

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It was clearly to continue the tall/short dynamic without having to make a ten-foot tall android.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 8:41PM

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I guess she matches her personality more now? Still odd to change her looks. Also scrapping androids that have their own free will (or at least something close to that)...Pretty sure that would be illegal.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Would've made more sense had the android started out as a child. Itou just pushing that loli for no apparent reason other than they just can.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Fun fact: This is a part of Eclair Orange, which did get released in English by Yen Press but doesn't include this part. You can probably guess why.

Fuck Eclair yuri anthology. That why I support Syrup anthology instead, since it does not censored any of the story, with Itou Hachi story getting published.

last edited at Jan 11, 2021 9:18PM

joined Oct 12, 2017

"But why a child, though?" ::looks at the author:: "Oh, gotcha."

Though I think, from a narrative standpoint, it does kind of make sense. At least I can see where it might be coming from, seeing as their positions are swapped where doc is the caretaker for Eve in the end.
But, uh, it maybe could use more deliberate setup if that's where she's going with it.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Itou hachi stories is always a delight to the soul. Also yeah I will admit, her never saying why Eve is a loli is a bit annoying. But still love her mess up but creative stories, and her lovely art.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

i hope she sent her mother to be scrapped and left to die a painful death for being such a cruel mother to a sweet child.

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

Why a child?
Because Itou Hachi

But honestly, as messed up as her stories can be, the narrative is usually well constructed. But randomly bringing your robot lover back to life as a child undercuts the story imo.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

"but why a child" everyone asks? Because Itou Hachi. I usually don't care either way, but for this particular story an adult Eve would have made better sense.

Fb53fe34d432b0bb93d8e4aa74d71e46
joined Apr 1, 2018

I like how people are wondering why Eve's a child now and say that it's just Itou Hachi being Itou Hachi. But, no one realised that she herself was a child when she met Eve. Basically, it's a reversal now where Eve becomes the child and she becomes the adult.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, I know the reason for Eve being a child at the end is that Itou Hachi is a lolicon, but she could have written the story so that that endgame makes sense. Make Eve a child to start with, have Sana suggest she'd prefer Eve to be younger, something

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

she could have really been an older android but rlly chose a loli lmaoo

joined Jul 14, 2016

Haha got me there Itou Hachi! Making a granny android to keep the age gap tag wasn't as visually appealing as reversing their ages

joined Jun 12, 2015

Creepy.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I like how people are wondering why Eve's a child now and say that it's just Itou Hachi being Itou Hachi. But, no one realised that she herself was a child when she met Eve. Basically, it's a reversal now where Eve becomes the child and she becomes the adult.

That's just a statement of facts, it doesn't actually explain anything about why. It's like that old movie, Seven. Whenever I talked about why Brad Pitt's character got to live in the end, someone would inevitability say "Don't you get it, wrath killed envy" like that explained anything.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 12:23AM

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

She's able to give the person she loves any body she wants in bringing her back. It is only natural she would chose a loli, anyone would.

Yeah, YP have been pretty consistently anti-yuri like this in localizing the whole series. It's just not a good idea to give them money.

To reply you must either login or sign up.