Forum › The Executioner And Her Way of Life discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks so much to the translator for allowing us to host their work!

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Oh, neat, this is here now. One of the more interesting isekai I've come across

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. This story takes place in a very detailed world with a fairly complex system of magic and religion, so there's a lot more to like than just the yuri, but the manga unfortunately cuts some of the context out. There's a translation on Wordpress that's pretty good, but I think it stopped at Chapter 1 back in November.

Smirk_small
Bewitched
joined Dec 31, 2020

Thanks so much to the translator for allowing us to host their work!

Glad more people can enjoy the series!

Also, oops, looks like chapter 2 got placed between chapters 7 and 8 because of my silly upload schedule!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed now.

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Hella excited for the light novel

joined Aug 11, 2014

So... This is speculation, but with all the foreshadowing about things feeling "out of sync", and her strangely intense trust in Menou, the odds on Akari having travelled back in time with her powers seems pretty high, huh?

This seems pretty interesting, anyway! The description made it sound a bit edgy, but it doesn't feel unnecessarily dark so far, and the worldbuilding is fairly intriguing. I'm on board.

Jpeg_20180629_180702
joined May 19, 2018

more isekai yuri!!!

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 8:05AM

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Kinda feel bad for the first guy.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I would have, if he hadn't immediately let his power go to his head and start thinking about erasing everything that would get in his way. That way lies madness and tyranny.

And love the chapter 7 credit/note page edit. :D

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I can't help but feel like he's gonna come back as a very pissed final boss, especially since this is a time travel tale.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I mean yeah, but in his defense, he was literally kidnapped and then abandoned and didn't even have the chance to do anything bad before getting murdered

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

"Why is this tagged 'yuri'?!"

I don't know, but I'm excited to find out!

joined May 26, 2016

Lol maybe you shouldn't be summoning a bunch of people from another world to begin with then blame them for everything lol. That first chapter was just a bunch of ass backwards logic.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I do wonder how how much of the "danger" of the otherworld people is true and how much of it is lies by the church to excuse killing and experimenting on otherworld people?

At first I thought the "guy" was really a cross dressing girl...

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I would have, if he hadn't immediately let his power go to his head and start thinking about erasing everything that would get in his way. That way lies madness and tyranny.

I mean they rip him out of his world, cast him on the streets as worthless to basically die on his own. I think I'd be pretty hell bent on fucking up some people too. It's not like he said he was going to go massacre people willy nilly. The icing on the cake was this all being a ploy to use him as a decoy in the first place, though he wasn't aware of that.

They deserve some payback.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Lol maybe you shouldn't be summoning a bunch of people from another world to begin with then blame them for everything lol. That first chapter was just a bunch of ass backwards logic.

The summoning itself was already illegal, though, so the summoners are held responsible as well. And based on the title of "Stray" given to the otherworlders, it seems like they can sometimes just end up there even without it , simply because of Truck-kun. In any case, their overwhelming power is (believed to be) a danger to the world itself, so it's not that ass backwards to eliminate them ASAP based on the (so far generally accepted) facts.

I mean they rip him out of his world, cast him on the streets as worthless to basically die on his own. I think I'd be pretty hell bent on fucking up some people too. It's not like he said he was going to go massacre people willy nilly. The icing on the cake was this all being a ploy to use him as a decoy in the first place, though he wasn't aware of that.

They deserve some payback.

Not saying they don't, and they likely will (and some already did in the second chapter).

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can't decide who's evil here.

The King, who imports human weapons of mass destruction, or the church, who kills innocent kids.

But it's obviously on purpose.

Most probably, the church is lying for its own purposes (ie, they want to keep that power and not let the secular world have it), Menou is manipulated (if not an otherworlder as well) and Momo is probably tasked into monitoring her and kill her in case she goes "astray".

As for Akari, I smell a Yandere with an ugly backstory.

Screenshot%202020-08-05%20at%209.30.03%20pm
joined Nov 21, 2019

This is my theory for Akari: I suspect that somehow her future self's emotions are flowing into her past self. Thus explaining why she immediately trusts Menou despite haven't known her for too long.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh look it is another Isekai with boring male protagonist. Why is this tagged yuri if we have a male...OH. Never mind. Carry on please.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

My interest has been caught, and I very much look forward to more. My current working theory is that Menou is either a Stray herself, oooooooooor it's just plain ol ptsd from regularly killing kids.

On another note I've half a mind to think the Church is gonna try and use Akari's time power for their own gain, somehow. That sorta power would be VERY bad in the wrong hands

joined Jan 8, 2016

Oh, this is legit interesting fantasy with some teeth.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hahahaha chapter 1 made me do a double take at the tags and even go into the comments to see if there were people complaining about a boring male protag. I was pleasantly surprised.

Interested to see where this is going!

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Kinas funny. If church lady hadn't immediately killed isekai kun, she probably could have used him to kill isekai chan.

Oiseau_de_pierre
joined Nov 4, 2019

And love the chapter 7 credit/note page edit. :D

In the few chapters of the novel which have been translated. It's clearer, his power seems to dominate him. The innocent and guilty are no longer a problem, as long as he can make something disappear.

I don't know if someone already said it, but the novel has been licensed by Yen Press.

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 8:09AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.