Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

joined Mar 19, 2020

Haha I was wondering what would happen with “green tea bitch”, how it’d turn into romance etc. But the pv makes her seem so adorable and soft and like someone who pretends to be innocent, who is actually manipulative, but underneath that is somewhat extremely adorable.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I could understand if someone try to hide or dodge it when it comes to sexual orientation. But tbh, the way the MC masked about it... makes me feel a little sick about it...

Anyway, my favourite character so far is the green tea bitch's mother.

joined Feb 5, 2020

"I have a dream... To teetee with a good honor student."

Most inspirational dream of 2020, hands down.
Jokes aside this was really adorable, can't wait for more てぇてぇ

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

100 to 200 real quick

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I like the stuff in the preview, but the actual first chapter is underwhelming. Not sure I'll follow this if ch2 isn't a noticeable improvement

joined May 20, 2019

This looks cute, but I've never really liked these long strip comics. I find them hard to read for some reason.

Same here. They always strike me as an excuse to get away with not doing proper page layouts.

I think it's also because that's the format on webtoon and other webcomic sites so, can't really blame them for going with the medium.

I work as color assistant for webcomic in the past, me and the author itself actually dislike this kind of comic format, but we must follow their rule to be published on their website.
me and my friend once drew an oneshoot for webcomic competition, i can guarantee we don't have to think really hard for each panel position unlike manga lol

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I already love this. Chapter 2 can't come soon enough

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Show me your strength green tea bitch. I look forward to this.

Img_20190727_095038
joined Oct 28, 2016

Is this chinese? Will the goverment trash it like they did to Their Story? The author still vasn't recovered from that yet...

Iirc the reason why Their Story was trashed was because it was supposed to be published as an actual comic book by a publisher. Online its pretty much free real estate in china unless it's some real hardcore shit

last edited at Dec 14, 2020 5:10AM

joined Dec 14, 2020

Sorry I haven’t read the story yet but what does “Green Tea Bitch” means?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Sorry I haven’t read the story yet but what does “Green Tea Bitch” means?

From the series description: “Green Tea Bitch (n.): A woman who pretends to be pure and innocent but in fact is manipulative and calculating.” It’s a fairly common phrase in Chinese webnovels and comics; see also White Lotus.

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Is this chinese? Will the goverment trash it like they did to Their Story? The author still vasn't recovered from that yet...

Iirc the reason why Their Story was trashed was because it was supposed to be published as an actual comic book by a publisher. Online its pretty much free real estate in china unless it's some real hardcore shit

What a damn shame and I assume from the lack of updates, it was not even able to recover via online?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

About green tea bitches, and other variants of tea/coffee bitches, here's a very complete explanation:

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/dangerous-women-the-green-tea-bitch/

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Nope. Even the software shit are constantly deleted from Baidu Tieba and Weibo. Based on my experience on visiting, this is the amount of content that I felt was deleted

R18: 85% (even softcore are deleted)
R15: 50%
SFW (explicit yuri): 20%
SFW (just shoujou-ai / non explicit yuri): safe

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

About green tea bitches, and other variants of tea/coffee bitches, here's a very complete explanation:

This was quite enlightening. When you tally up all the varieties, you realize that it's impossible for women to exhibit nearly any kinds of traits without getting trashed for them. It sorta parallels the whole slut/Karen binary in America as well, where any kind of freedom or individuality is stigmatized. It feels there's simultaneously a sense of cynicism towards women who act sensible, restrained and optimistic, as well as a marked hatred for those that adapt to ruthless workspaces and try to find success. In that sense, these stories about not-really GTBs hooking up with not-really plain honour students are a great way to add depth and variety to representation and break stereotypes. Although all the comments about cancellation make me wonder if this'll manage to stick around.

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

This was quite enlightening. When you tally up all the varieties, you realize that it's impossible for women to exhibit nearly any kinds of traits without getting trashed for them. It sorta parallels the whole slut/Karen binary in America as well, where any kind of freedom or individuality is stigmatized. It feels there's simultaneously a sense of cynicism towards women who act sensible, restrained and optimistic, as well as a marked hatred for those that adapt to ruthless workspaces and try to find success. In that sense, these stories about not-really GTBs hooking up with not-really plain honour students are a great way to add depth and variety to representation and break stereotypes. Although all the comments about cancellation make me wonder if this'll manage to stick around.

I agree but also want to include that there's a lot of terms for men too. This is only based on me reading Chinese GL but all the "terms" I've seen aren't one-side. There's "straight male cancer," "scum male," "dude" (not sure if that's even the right translation but it means a rich person who does nothing but play around without contributing anything to society), and other stuff. I do think there's more terms to describe women, but another factor that adds into this heavy amount of terminology is cause of how popular web novels are in China. Transmigration, the Chinese equivalent of isekai, also loooove using descriptors for characters and transmigration itself is a very popular genre.

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 7:29AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ Makes sense for a place as massive as China to have it's own unique descriptors and archetypes. I wonder if the segregated nature of Chinese social media factors into this- in addition to the language barrier, they'd also presumably have lower access to or interest in Western or Japanese memes, which might be a motivation towards a separate type of memetic evolution and the creation of unique structures with greater roots in Chinese, rather than wholly global or even Asian social identities. There hasn't been much research on the topic, sadly, but this is an interesting article about how certain Chinese memes revolving around social change or activism have adapted themselves to dodge the rampant Internet censorship and surveillance in the country (not really related to the topic at hand, but I figured it's an interesting tangent).

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ China has 1/3 of the world's population so yeah, there'd be a lot of different memes. If you want to learn about them, the best way is just to read Chinese web novels since the authors are fellow netizens who will subconsciously use those in their works. Web novels are also not as "serious" as traditional books so there's a higher chance of them using memes and stuff. One thing I've seen a lot is [screaming groundhog].jpg that they like to use.

There's also a lot more acceptance of shipping, or their term for it, CP (couple pairing). Real people shipping is even acceptable there, and the entertainment scene is a lot different. There's a lot of terms in regards to that too, like chasing stars, being black or red, rubbing heat, etc. It's honestly really interesting, though I still can't make a weibo so I can't exactly know what's going on there.

This web novel I've been reading has a lot of modern slang and translation notes about them if you want to learn a little bit more about it: She is the Protagonist.

Some other terms:
Mengsao: tsundere
Overbearing president: like Christian Grey (Fifty Shades of Grey)
Little fresh meat: think kpop idol looking guys
White moonlight: first love
Straight daughter of steel: straight woman LOL
Mosquito coil: gay as fuck

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 8:28AM

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

^ All this sounds quite fascinating. I've been planning to check out Chinese WNs for a while now, and this definitely maximized my interest. Thanks for putting in all the details. :)

last edited at Dec 15, 2020 8:44AM

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Oh, I'm fucking HOOKED.

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

Re: the worrying about CCP censorship, are we sure the author is a mainlander? The symbol shown when the mom mentions money is a dollar, which is Taiwan's currency

joined Jul 20, 2020

Subscribed once I found out it is a manhua

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i love how she’s too pure to do anything lewd, so cute. i feel like i haven’t seen this kind of dynamic very often so i’m excited to see where this will go!

joined Dec 8, 2020

I need more, my voracity for good and fluffy yuri knows no end!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for the food.

To reply you must either login or sign up.