Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Meh, I'll continue my tradition of countryball avatars for PVPs, thank you very much. Can't deny the goodness of School Zone, tho.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

bubbleteabird posted:

I must fight the mainstream and keep the pro pic of a character in a webcomic most people probably aren’t reading

What's the title?

B1708326-d6a0-40c0-a6ee-1fc46f147837
joined May 25, 2020

I pressed Ctrl F on accident today, what the heck was I searching for.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm nearly halfway through School Zone now and I've gotta say first, I did not realise just how many avatars are here come that manga. Second, I can totally understand why, now that I've read quite a bit of it. Not only great setting and designs, but really memorable characters and sequences that left me going, "Oh! Now I get that avatar!" Not a lot of series I've read have that kind of energy, it's pretty neat.

I'm currently still slogging through the Dynasty back catalogue, and it's quite fun spotting where all the avatars come from. More fun than reading the actual manga, in some cases, but I'm sure I'll eventually be able to identify which ones I should avoid...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I'm nearly halfway through School Zone now and I've gotta say first, I did not realise just how many avatars are here come that manga. Second, I can totally understand why, now that I've read quite a bit of it. Not only great setting and designs, but really memorable characters and sequences that left me going, "Oh! Now I get that avatar!" Not a lot of series I've read have that kind of energy, it's pretty neat.

The school zone is infiltrating Dynasty cafe, soon, all sites will be part of the zone!!! surrender now or perish!

reject School Zone return to monke others yuris

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Out of curiosity, have any of you been infected with covid? I think our house had the virus a couple of months ago, I wasn't feeling so good but nothing to be scared of, maybe it was the vitamin C. However my mother was in bed for a week or two a lot and she lost her sense of smell, I wonder when it will come back.

I saw a video of Christmas songs with a "2020 twist" mixed in between recommended by a friend, it was fun but mostly depressing you know.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thankfully no (known) covid here, certainly not me or anyone in the family with strong symptoms.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

bubbleteabird posted:

I must fight the mainstream and keep the pro pic of a character in a webcomic most people probably aren’t reading

What's the title?

The Omniscient Point of View of an Unrequited Love

(It's het, btw)

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Very cute lady, very intense title.

joined Jul 26, 2016

top quality vore content - of course it's Australia.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Out of curiosity, have any of you been infected with covid?

Both my mom and my aunt have been around people who tested positive, but luckily both came out negative when they got tested, so I most likely haven't been infected with covid.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've managed to dodge it so far, using CDC recommendations and pretty much staying away from people unless absolutely necessary. The sad and terrible part of living where I do is that the state governor AND my town's mayor are gutless cowards who've caved to the anti-mask fuckwits and refuse to issue mask mandates. Probably one of the reasons I'm quick to anger is the number of absolutely fucking stupid people that live around me who don't give a shit whether others live or die. Feel fortunate if you live somewhere that's actually sane.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Android keyboard isn't working on Firefox mobile for some reason. Had to post on Chrome. Edit: fixed.

No covid here, my parents are very careful about this shit. Me? There's absolutely no chance of me coming in contact with a positive. I'm not in the mood to socialize with anyone ever again

Anyway! Did y'all watch TakaMori plays A way out? Please do if you haven't, don't just watch clips. Calli was actually aggressive what the heck!? If this keeps up, they'll end up fucking by the end LOL Actually, that would be an amazing "joke/gag": Calli gets smashed on Christmas/New year and they end up in a situation similar to Marine x Shion, Kiara being super quiet would be so cute.
Wait Kiara's account just got nuked what the hell?! I swear if it's the haters I will grab my katana and ....write unpleasant messages.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86173180
Vtubers Amelia x Ui Shigure

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/86151034
Hololive Amelia X Mio-mama

Amelia ground pounding moms. NSFW

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 7:37AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Out of curiosity, have any of you been infected with covid?

My entire family had covid month ago. Lucky everyone except my dad had mild case and everything is ok now. On the other hand my uncle from different side of country died because he caught it at hospital he was staying for elderly.

bubbleteabird posted:

The Omniscient Point of View of an Unrequited Love

Thanks.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm sorry about that, it might be a delicate thing to speak about after all, even if most of us were lucky, I know others who had it really bad.

Ryee I'm yet to watch that! but about Kiara's ban, it looks like some people from Nijisanji also got banned but everything resolved quickly too, hope it's the same.

This clip of Gura https://youtu.be/FeXh-L3Ggtk

joined Jan 21, 2015

I'm lucky enough not to know anyone who was sick. Hoping it stays that way...

I was looking for designs with a specific bird on Redbubble and found this artist who specializes in drawing birds wearing hats. And just that. But he does that niche really well. I mean, look at this bullfinch wearing a beret! I want to buy all of them.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Hello, spam bot. In another thread you posted:

And thankfully to assignment writing spam link redacted I can't worry about my academic performance.

If that's the standard of English produced by this writing service, you really should worry, actually.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

The sad and terrible part of living where I do is that the state governor AND my town's mayor are gutless cowards who've caved to the anti-mask fuckwits and refuse to issue mask mandates.

That really sucks. My state has its own issues, but both the city and state have "evolved" over time towards mask mandates, etc. Even so, the fact those measures are even necessary, and the degree to which resistance towards them remains is...eternally disappointing. The mandates really do help, though.

I was looking for designs with a specific bird on Redbubble and found this artist who specializes in drawing birds wearing hats. And just that. But he does that niche really well. I mean, look at this bullfinch wearing a beret! I want to buy all of them.

Those are so, so cute. I'm really tempted to grab some greeting cards or something just as a fun way to share them lol

Hello, spam bot. In another thread you posted:

And thankfully to assignment writing spam link redacted I can't worry about my academic performance.

If that's the standard of English produced by this writing service, you really should worry, actually.

I'm so happy when they post here, too. Always baffles me to see what these bots are for. Not to mention the poor language skills. Does that really seem like good advertising...?

last edited at Dec 9, 2020 10:25PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

An essentially accurate summary of how the Sherman Firefly came about. :v

Aqrv378_460s
joined Dec 9, 2020

Hello, I hope this still a place to people introduce themselves. If not, I apologize in advance. I love yuri. Yuri made me a bit more cultured person, it got me into movies, books, shows, etc (I'm still a dumbfuck though). Despite yuri being one of my favorite things in the world, I spend months without consuming anything with it. I joined this site and community in hopes of changing that. I have a passion for drawing and painting and sometimes I play too much Skyrim. I would like to know what your favorite yuri media is and why. ...I don't know what else to say, this post is a shitshow. Thank you for you time anyways.

P.S: Nobody gotta reply this, I mean, what could you say to this gibberish? Apologies if there's any grammar mistakes, english isn't my first language. Thanks again.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 1:38AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hello and welcome! glad you found the light! hahaha, there's a separate topic for recomendations here https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15680-yuri-manga-recommendations

But you could click my list (1 list) below my profile picture and see my favorite series and one shots if you're interested!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Shoutout to Rhons in the Discord for mentioning that Nintendo Life featured SeaBed in their list of best visual novels on Switch. Still yet to play it myself, though.

Despite yuri being one of my favorite things in the world, I spend months without consuming anything with it. I joined this site and community in hopes of changing that.

Man, this is relatable.

I have a passion for drawing and painting and sometimes I play too much Skyrim. I would like to know what your favorite yuri media is and why.

Yuri...media...huh. Notes From The Garden Of Lilies is an eternal fav, because it's got great teasing dynamics that don't show up much. I love Simoun, the anime, because it's all about lesbian-powered spaceships. Who would not be interested in that? Then, as it goes on, it descends into this dark, intense sci-fi commentary on war and love and death and personal meaning and...yeah, it's pretty great.

I don't really know that I have a "favourite" tho. That's such a strong word...

But you could click my list (1 list) below my profile picture and see my favorite series and one shots if you're interested!

ahem it says top 100 but it's nowhere close! Lot of great stuff on there, though. Amagakure Gido is love.

last edited at Dec 10, 2020 2:51PM

B1708326-d6a0-40c0-a6ee-1fc46f147837
joined May 25, 2020

Hello, I hope this still a place to people introduce themselves.

Welcome! I didn't even introduce myself I just threw myself in here lol, you're already on step ahead of me.

I would like to know what your favorite yuri media is and why.

I prefer manga just so I can have a visual for my non-creative brain, novels are my second choice because they tend to explain things more. I don't really like anime or shows that much dunno why. The only yuri show I've liked is Killing Eve.

Like Serenata said you can look at someone's list if they chose to share it and if you interested in what they like (mine is mostly drama)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Haven't been tested, haven't had strong reason to think I ever got it, though I did get a "cold" in February with a mild lingering cough. Also feeling out of shape, though that could be from being a fatso all summer and not getting out enough.

I've been in Los Angeles, so a city and state where policies and behavior SEEMED reasonable but exponential growth is blowing us away anyway.

I can't remember when my first 'yuri' was. My first "girls totally making out" might have been the movie But I'm A Cheerleader, edging out Willow/Tara stuff on Buffy, or Xena/Gabrielle subtext. Babylon-5 had something earlier but it was pretty missable.

First animanga yuri was probably Maria-sama.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Yuri made me a bit more cultured person, it got me into movies, books, shows, etc

Same. Looking back on it now, it's rather hilarious as to how much of my taste in media and aesthetics stems from a whimsical desire to check out a random comic about cute lesbians.

I would like to know what your favorite yuri media is and why...

Let's see... Favourite yuri anime would be Revue Starlight, because it mixes a brilliant ensemble with excellent direction, a wonderful plot structure, incisive commentary on theatre as an institution and as an ideal, and also a meta giraffe. Favourite yuri graphic novel would be Her Shim-Cheong, because it's an excellent period drama that actually talks about patriarchy and privilege instead of just being about a singular relationship. Favourite VN is Flowers, because it's classic Class S goodness from the 90s mixed with the progressive storytelling and narrative freedom of the new 10s. I don't have any lists, but will probably start to make them to prevent myself from forgetting the stuff I read three seconds afterward.

Also, welcome to the forum. 'Tis is a silly place, but quite gay when it counts.

To reply you must either login or sign up.