Forum › Hero-san and Former General-san discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

What is the fun about a protagonist that gets beat up all the time? I don't get it.

But Kyouka isn't the protagonist.

Is this level of density even realistic?

I mean. She is a toku protag...

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oooh, a science baby.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Sooooo.... being a normal hero gets you overwork, no actual appreciation, massive occupational hazards and requires work life balance. Being an Antinoid lets you blow shit up with your lesbian gf, get validation regardless of whether you're a nerd, a weeb or a shipper, and also allows you to have daughters with said girlfriends. Poor Hayate. I'm glad she at least managed to get herself a partner.

Also, the regular tag isn't enough for this one. We need Science, Baby! here.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Being an Antinoid lets you blow shit up with your lesbian gf, get validation regardless of whether you're a nerd, a weeb or a shipper, and also allows you to have daughters with said girlfriends.

Evil makes a compelling argument...

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Being an Antinoid lets you blow shit up with your lesbian gf, get validation regardless of whether you're a nerd, a weeb or a shipper, and also allows you to have daughters with said girlfriends.

Evil makes a compelling argument...

Pretty sure Honey's reason for switching sides (besides being hopelessly gay and getting fired for being hopelessly gay) was that her job was terrible? Melt mostly has it good cos of all the Strike Antinoids she made to bully X.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

What is the fun about a protagonist that gets beat up all the time? I don't get it.

I guess you've never read Naruto. It's not about being the strongest, it's about becoming the strongest.

Sure. But once you get strong you start winning some matches. And I saw Naruto. He won a lot of fights. Way more than he lost.

joined Oct 17, 2014

Re:Boot Scramble might be based off of Critical Dead from Kamen Rider Exaid, what with the summoning exploding clones thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsn13soykqg

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Is it bad that I like Kyouka and Melt more than Hayate and Honey? And now they even got an idol daughter.

last edited at Nov 17, 2020 6:31AM

georgeoswalddannyson
joined Aug 21, 2019

I still really like this, but the author needs to learn to space the battles. One or two chapters of slice of life, characterization stuff between arcs would do wonders for the pacing

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

SouthLuke posted:

new chapter launched on raw, a new villain , a mirror armor of rapid rabbit , the user is based on hatsune miku

Is the concept of spoilers lost on you? -_-

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I was worried about the series getting close to an ending with X's defeat but I'm glad to see it was unfounded. I'm liking this new girl.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Rapid Rabbit might be beaten every time. She is not a boring invencible hero. But she keeps fighting nonetheless. Because she IS a heroine. She doesn't do it for "fun".
And that's one of the things that caused others more powerful "on paper" than her (like general Honey) to follow her cause. Wich is also a power on its own right.

I still really like this, but the author needs to learn to space the battles. One or two chapters of slice of life, characterization stuff between arcs would do wonders for the pacing

I see your point, but I disagree for THIS particular battle. The break of expected pacing, the sudden appeareance of a new foe RIGHT AWAY after what seemed to be a main victory, tells a history ("characterization stuff ") of its own.

Of course, I do agree that after THIS one battle it would be a good time for a lot of slice of life chapters

last edited at Nov 17, 2020 12:44PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

What's fun about a protagonist that just always wins in the end and doesn't fight for their victories as hard as someone that knows defeat?

joined Jul 4, 2018

Just wanna say, love the design for X with the plaid, having crosses in the clothing.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

What's fun about a protagonist that just always wins in the end and doesn't fight for their victories as hard as someone that knows defeat?

Well, One Punch Man is a very popular and Fun anime. But I also don't like protags that just win. But making them losing almost all the time, doesn't make them vulnerable. It makes them.weak. Learn to balance things. Make them win a lot, but also throw some defeats to make sure they are not invincible. This will shock the audience and make the villain looks more like a legitimate threat. In this manga, If a bad guy beats the hero, it really doesn't have that much of an impact since everybody beats the hero.

last edited at Nov 18, 2020 12:58AM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Rapid Rabbit might be beaten every time. She is not a boring invencible hero. But she keeps fighting nonetheless. Because she IS a heroine. She doesn't do it for "fun".
And that's one of the things that caused others more powerful "on paper" than her (like general Honey) to follow her cause. Wich is also a power on its own right.

I never said she should be invecible. I don't like these types neither. I said she shouldn't lose all the time, because that makes her look weak AND boring. People, in the majority are.drawn to strong characters. But here, I'm always wondering: "Who is going to beat the shit of Rapid Rabbit this time?" So I learned to not expect much from her at this point.

last edited at Nov 18, 2020 12:59AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Necessary reminder that Rabbit is factually some random yahoo who picked up the MacGuffin du jour and basically has to try and teach herself the ropes as she goes.

No shit she starts stumbling as soon as the suit's output ceases carrying her noob ass, ie. when she runs into someone with similar hardware levels but better idea of how to make use of it.

joined Oct 17, 2014

I never said she should be invecible. I don't like these types neither. I said she shouldn't lose all the time, because that makes her look weak AND boring. People, in the majority are.drawn to strong characters. But here, I'm always wondering: "Who is going to beat the shit of Rapid Rabbit this time?" So I learned to not expect much from her at this point.

I'm not even sure where you're even getting "gets beat up all the time from".

Outside of Honey Trap, Cool Down, X and the first Antinoid she fought together with Honey Trap, if you want to include that, she's won every fight shown so far. She was in a pinch against the first Antinoid because innocent bystanders got involved. Honey Trap, Cool Down and X are all elite Antinoids.

Notable enemies Hayate or Hayate+Honey Trap beat are:
- Destroy Antinoid, notable since it was her very first battle
- Kyouka (multiple times), an elite Antinoid.
- Orb Owl, a hero who had more advanced tech and better compatibility.
- X during the rematch, the freaking leader of the Antinoids

If you're complaining that she's not completely steamrolling her opponents, that's because those battles aren't shown and only the tougher battles are. If you don't think she's getting better, she went from pretty much instantly losing to Honey Trap in the first chapter to being able to keep up with Kyouka, not to mention the more obvious example of beating X in the rematch.

last edited at Nov 18, 2020 3:05AM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

"hyper trans on" Every main character is trans, sorry authors word.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Based Melt giving transbians the power to have kids. She's the hero (villain?) we need and deserve.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I'm not even sure where you're even getting "gets beat up all the time from".

Outside of Honey Trap, Cool Down, X and the first Antinoid she fought together with Honey Trap, if you want to include that, she's won every fight shown so far. She was in a pinch against the first Antinoid because innocent bystanders got involved. Honey Trap, Cool Down and X are all elite Antinoids.

Notable enemies Hayate or Hayate+Honey Trap beat are:
- Destroy Antinoid, notable since it was her very first battle
- Kyouka (multiple times), an elite Antinoid.
- Orb Owl, a hero who had more advanced tech and better compatibility.
- X during the rematch, the freaking leader of the Antinoids

If you're complaining that she's not completely steamrolling her opponents, that's because those battles aren't shown and only the tougher battles are. If you don't think she's getting better, she went from pretty much instantly losing to Honey Trap in the first chapter to being able to keep up with Kyouka, not to mention the more obvious example of beating X in the rematch.

Exactly. Rapid Rabbit can't fight her own battles. Let´s see her record, shall we???

• Lost to Honey Trap
  • That first Antinoid kicked her ass. She had to be saved and helped by Honey Trap.
  • Come on. Kyouka is a pathetic joke. And even so in her fisrt fight against her, she had to be saved by Honey Trap again after she was subdued and she didn't defeat her on her own. She never beat Kyouka on her own.
  • Got completely destroyed by Cool Down
  • Hina (Orb Owl) would've killed Hayate if Honet Trap hadn't saved her.... AGAIN!
  • Got5 absolutelly fucked by X

Her only "victories" on her own were against Hina, but only after Honey Trap had to stop Hina from killing her and also that destroy antinoid (her first fight) And she still let that guy blew up and kill that kid.

And I'm sure she'll get brutallized by this new idol girl too. Big deal she can "keep up" to someone. She still loses, she's still weak and evolved very little.

So I'll ask again... What's so fun about a character in an action manga that only gets beat up and only "wins" by being saved by others? I don't like weak characters. There is a saying that goes: "Want to be strong? Learn to fight alone."

last edited at Nov 18, 2020 5:15PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Trans as in "transform".
Fun fact: The raws for this chapter actually say "Trance Up" for Moe's microphone mcguffin, but after this contradiction was brought up on Twitter, sometime clarified that "trans" is likely the intended spelling.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

"Want to be strong? Learn to fight alone."

It's a /u/ manga. Not an /e/ manga.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

I missed the last few updates (the last I read was Honey going back to the antinoids!) so reading them all in one swoop here, i really enjoyed it. Their fusion dance form, which can even switch modes, is really cool.
And man those two bad guys have a daughter now! And they're proud parents awwww

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"Want to be strong? Learn to fight alone."

It's a /u/ manga. Not an /e/ manga.

Sorry Googled Anon, but I unironicaly had to google what E anime is. Ecchi. I don't get it. What ecchi has to do with this saying?

There are several animes that are not ecchi and follow this idea with strng leads who can stand their own alone. One Punch Man, Rumouri Kenshin, Afro Samurai, Hellsing, Yu Yu Hakusho.

To reply you must either login or sign up.