Forum › Living with My Brother's Wife. discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

It's super effective.

But while I appreciate the latest chapter's credits page, the one edit I thought of doing when I saw that page was to mix it with some Girl Friends instead:

last edited at Oct 21, 2020 9:45AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

But while I appreciate the latest chapter's credits page, the one edit I thought of doing when I saw that page was to mix it with some Girl Friends instead:

Saving this.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

alyj posted:

I gotta know, do people actually get sick from going outside in the rain or cold? Is this how disease works?

And is it finally yuri time? Have we made it?

it all comes down to the persons immune system

I get the part of the sudden change in body's temperature, because I've felt bad when going outside with super sun or very cold days, but I don't get the part of "quickly, you have to take a shower!!" when they come home during rain... Like, is not like the rain is poison or you're being purified with "better water" lo/ unless... they're talking about hot showers, which is a luxury I don't have in my home.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Sniffs girls. Uses girls as hand-warmers. Think Shino might be a little gay?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Was there ever any doubt they'd be going to the same place?

joined Jan 3, 2020

So obviously this series isn't ready for the yuri tag, and it may not ever be. But I think it's probably ready for "Subtext", especially with the latest extras.

At the very least, if you don't want to tag the whole series that way (which is kinda understandable, since it's a ridiculously long series), the extras itself should be tagged as Subtext.

joined Oct 5, 2016

If nothing else nozomi is totally going on a date with a trans lady, and the story's not even really beating around the bush about it. Even shino was picking up on it!

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

If nothing else nozomi is totally going on a date with a trans lady, and the story's not even really beating around the bush about it. Even shino was picking up on it!

Heidi is a male crossdresser tho.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

i don´t get this series at all i think is cute how they find comfort on each other but i don´t get that werid tension between them, im not sure what the author is going for

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Why can't it be gay?! Those camera shots are such a tease. Credits page is dead on.

last edited at Nov 1, 2020 5:21AM

joined Oct 5, 2016

the way I usually think of the tension in this series is like... Imagine I was telling you about a manga about a teenage boy who has to move in with a hot older female semi-relation and lives alone with her. Like even if romance isn't a realistic possibility in the story, you'd still understand there's sort of a low level of sexual tension there for the boy.

That's how Shino has always seemed like she behaves to me. She's not like, in love with Nozomi, that's not their relationship. But there is like that element of discomfort and attraction

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

So i am confusion kuzushiro explain explain

last edited at Nov 12, 2020 2:11AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The release schedule of this series is driving me insane (the raws, not the translation of course), so I went to investigate... It's published in Young Gangan and lol according to the website, a new chapter should come out tomorrow...so I only needed a liiiiiiiiiiittle more patience.
But the cliffhanger even ate my words in the current chapters so I didn't comment, you can have an idea of how much is killing me!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the date changed to December 7...of course .-.) lo/ I'm talking about the online reader in the official website of course, I don't know if they have a magazine that comes first.

joined Jul 26, 2019

The raw is available ^^ and the scenario is different from what we all thought.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The raw is available ^^ and the scenario is different from what we all thought.

I think it adds more juice but "what we thought" might be yet to happen

joined Jul 26, 2019

I always imagine a cross between nozomi and shino but heidi seems to be attracted by "men" even if we are sure of nothing... it seems that nozomi wants to tell her story to heidi ... I think it will come out that shino is very close to her,which is good that it will not be limited to a banal seduction attempt for the fun of it.

last edited at Dec 7, 2020 3:02PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Important lesson of the day: "You shouldn't kill people."

joined Jan 14, 2020

Because people die when they are killed.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that was interesting. So Heidi is trans...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

luinthoron posted:

Important lesson of the day: "You shouldn't kill people."

Shit, really? Well there goes my plans for the weekend...

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

It's nice that Nozomi has a buddy she can properly chat with now. As much as her communication with Shion's improved, there's nothing quite like the freedom of just chilling with someone your own age and ranting about how shitty life is. The whole debate on love and loss was rather unexpected, but it really drove in the fact that both parties involved have gone through a lot of pain. Heidi, despite their seeming cheerful abandon, seems driven more by a cynical desire to do something rather than a genuine sense of agency and purpose, and Nozomi, for all her matureness, has still lost the love of her life.

Neither of these folks are exactly 'regular' in any sense, but that makes it all the more important for them to be honest with each other. One of the things I love about this series is how it explores the importance of conversations- it's not enough to talk about things once or share your story with one individual. You need to reflect upon things, time and again, and decide how to frame your past with every new person you choose to share it with. It's not a story that gets easier to tell with time, but also not one that can be eternally obscured. Adults though they might be, everyone in this series is desperately trying to figure things out while avoiding getting too deep into an existential crisis. It's a fine line, and no less compelling 89 chapters in.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Agreed--I love the way this series shows how people can be living normal, in most respects 'happy,' lives and still be in enormous pain. It's not like they're faking it or denying reality--they do enjoy doing things like having dinner together and hanging out with friends, but That Thing is always there and sometimes just comes to the surface in agonizing ways.

Perfectly normal in everyday life, but rather a treat to see in fiction, where characters like this are usually either defined by their constant anguish or are in obvious denial about it (which is another way of being defined by it).

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

There's a beautiful irony to Shion and Nozomi striving to act stable and relaxed around each other, making each think that the other has moved on from their issues, which causes both of them to grow gloomier as they bottle up their grief for fear of reopening a can of worms, which in turn causes the other person to grow even more worried because they can tell that the tension's building up, which further in turn causes them to either clam up even more to avoid escalation, until the point where they actually communicate and give each other more anxiety because now they're blaming themselves for not having noticed and said something earlier, but they can't actually say this because it would amount to making the issue about themselves, even as the other reprimands them for not sharing while being too afraid to be honest, and then... well, you get the idea. It's like two dominoes falling in opposite directions to avoid hurting each other and causing a collapse anyway.

Also, I was surprised that Shion went right for Heidi's gender, which initially seemed kinda rude, but considering that it's better than making arbitrary insensitive guesses, she might've actually gotten the right idea. I suppose it's the closest equivalent to asking for someone's pronouns in a nation that's rather different from the West, both in terms of language and societal attitudes.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Shion went right for Heidi's gender

And half the fans went "Finally!"

To reply you must either login or sign up.