Forum › The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I just love how she crashed the whole "bad end" right at the start and the best part is that's just the beginning, the adventures start from now on and the prince and whatever manipulative thing or not going on with him can fuck off (or it should, really, it would be so awesome if they just let them be and instead start researching magic and create awesome things together as they progress in love too). I haven't felt this much pleasure since "May I Please Ask You Just One Last Thing?" but the difference is that past the second chapter, I'm still excited and looking forward for more and both mc are great. With the "May I Please ask..." manga the intro is super good but I found myself lost after that and the prince was seeing the protagonist as a form of entertainment and that pissed me off so I dropped it.

They are already building Up that The Princess Will get the throne instead of the prince

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

Woah loved it, eager to see more!

90637913_123704909224753_6290542559240388608_n
joined Sep 13, 2020

I love it! Yuri isekai is awesome. Because to be honest the normal isekai where the guy is the main character is getting boring. Now a girl that likes girls is fun and awesome. I'm looking forward to this manga. I'll rate this from 10 out of 10.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

The Mandible Claw! Her dad pulled out the Mandible Claw! Oh, the humanity!!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Honestly a bit disappointed at the relative tidiness of the workshop! I was expecting more of a messy creative space vibe.

That aside these characters are a lot of fun, enjoying a lot so far.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Biiiiiiig exposition dump. Not that I mind, since it shows that the author's put some decent thought into the mechanics of the magic in the series, all of which shall presumably be put into practice as the adventure continues. So many series that revolve around supposed geniuses fail to explain why a particular character is smart, and just make everyone else dumb in comparison. The fact that this series establishes its lead as a scholar in a particular field and actually lays out the fundamentals of her study instead of having her conveniently know the solution to future problems is commendable. It also lends the isekai element some legitimate weight and consequence rather than just shoving it in as a token trope. Good show, I say. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Biiiiiiig exposition dump. Not that I mind, since it shows that the author's put some decent thought into the mechanics of the magic in the series, all of which shall presumably be put into practice as the adventure continues. So many series that revolve around supposed geniuses fail to explain why a particular character is smart, and just make everyone else dumb in comparison. The fact that this series establishes its lead as a scholar in a particular field and actually lays out the fundamentals of her study instead of having her conveniently know the solution to future problems is commendable. It also lends the isekai element some legitimate weight and consequence rather than just shoving it in as a token trope. Good show, I say. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Another thing I like here is that the exposition is delayed until after it becomes relevant for the first time. In most fantasy mangas, such "crucial" setting details are rather ham-fistedly front-loaded, while the one dedicates three whole chapters to setting up the characters first, before expositing their world.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

Considering the theme of isekai + "irregular magician" this would probably lend itself rather well to animation. Really pleasant read so far.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

So what are we predicting the custom tool to be?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Maybe it's a magical tool that gives Euphie some motivations as a character

joined Nov 14, 2014

Really wish there was an anime of this!

joined Jan 26, 2019

For once, I want the response to be "You accused the freaking princess of a bunch of serious crimes? Welp, enjoy your execution dumbass."

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

I have to say that while I’m enjoying this overall, I REALLY love how this world was set up in the latest chapter. It even brought in a “consequence” of her being reincarnated, and felt sensible so far, rather than just a flimsy plot device.

I’m a huge nerd for magic systems and world building though, so I’m super biased there lol.

(Random side note: aside from being hilarious, one of the reasons I’m a huge fan of the Slayers series/universe is because of its surprisingly detailed magic system.)

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

I'm still surpriced of how well the mangaka is reducing the masive explanation dump from the WN.

joined Apr 6, 2018

this is niceee. I am gonna read the novel. I am genuinely curious about the story

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

(Random side note: aside from being hilarious, one of the reasons I’m a huge fan of the Slayers series/universe is because of its surprisingly detailed magic system.)

When do they get into the magic system in it? I need to go back and do some watching

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Building a supercharged magical vibe for your girlfriend is couple goals.

I also like how uncertain Euphie is about this whole arrangement. Sure, she gets not to live in fetters or be banished to a backwater, but her life's still been turned upside down, and the manic pixie dream princess in this scenario only serves to befuddle her more. Every day for nearly two decades, she's lived according to a routine, and so it makes sense that she'd see being abducted to a castle by a cheery lesbian as a shady-ass proposition. She's not jumping for joy or savouring the yuri, and the fact that she still thinks about the prince despite feeling zero attraction to him is quite the realistic reaction for a girl who's been groomed into a world of political marriages and royal duty. It sets up tons of space for her to grow, and neatly counteracts Anise's penchant for going adventuring at breakneck speeds.

Seeing Euphie shed tears hurts

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I also like how uncertain Euphie is about this whole arrangement. Sure, she gets not to live in fetters or be banished to a backwater, but her life's still been turned upside down, and the manic pixie dream princess in this scenario only serves to befuddle her more. Every day for nearly two decades, she's lived according to a routine, and so it makes sense that she'd see being abducted to a castle by a cheery lesbian as a shady-ass proposition. She's not jumping for joy or savouring the yuri, and the fact that she still thinks about the prince despite feeling zero attraction to him is quite the realistic reaction for a girl who's been groomed into a world of political marriages and royal duty. It sets up tons of space for her to grow, and neatly counteracts Anise's penchant for going adventuring at breakneck speeds.

I am looking forward to Euphie realizing that she has just graduated from being a pawn to being a player. It's like that old joke, "Take out credit, buy a tank. - And what if they send debt collectors? - Who cares? You have a tank." Anise has just basically handed a tank to Euphie and said, you are free to do whatever you want. Euphie is caught up in her own mind's prison at the moment, but the "squirming inside" she feels is basically her dissatisfaction with her old life bubbling its way to the surface, and will hopefully transform into desire for change.

joined Nov 14, 2014

At each chapter, I'm surprised by how well this manga handles the details of characters and the story. I just hope it does not end too soon.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

I am looking forward to Euphie realizing that she has just graduated from being a pawn to being a player. It's like that old joke, "Take out credit, buy a tank. - And what if they send debt collectors? - Who cares? You have a tank." Anise has just basically handed a tank to Euphie and said, you are free to do whatever you want. Euphie is caught up in her own mind's prison at the moment, but the "squirming inside" she feels is basically her dissatisfaction with her old life bubbling its way to the surface, and will hopefully transform into desire for change.

Anise might actually end up building a tank at some point in the series, seeing as she must've learned about them in her previous life. Still, despite the 'Revolution' in the title, I don't think this series is gonna gun for a massive, dramatic war to overthrow the nobility and reform the kingdom like in I Favor the Villainess. I could see Anise's inventions kicking up a stir and uprooting the status quo by mass-producing and increasing access to magical power, removing noble monopolies on magical knowledge and equipment, which in turn would make them strive to seize Anise's innovations instead of letting the benefits filter down to the public.

The series is pretty strongly setting up Euphie as the next ruler, so she might just engineer a coup with a Anise's help and become an 'ideal' ruler who wins the trust of the people and gradually democratizes the administration. Alternatively, I could also see Euphie deposing the corrupt old nobility and then handing power over to prominent figures among the public instead of taking the reins herself. This would represent how far she's come from her roots, having found something far more valuable and fulfilling with Anise than she ever would on the throne, and not wanting to give it up to continue in a taxing, punishing hereditary position when she could just chill with her wife in the countryside or help the masses at street-level and on a person-to-person basis.

One interesting direction the series could take is by setting Anise and Euphie up as enemies based on their differing ideas of 'ideal' rule- Anise grows inspired to shake things up and liberate the country, while Euphie grows hesitant and is unwilling to betray her noble roots. I'm only suggesting this because I love angsty stories where lovers are torn apart by differing ideals, though it wouldn't be too strange for a girl with 21st century ideas of democracy to clash with a thoroughbred noble. Chances are that they'll work out any disputes over the course of a couple of chapters, and simply defeat someone important in the royal palace instead of plunging the nation into war (female-centred isekai stories tend to put a lot of stock in the value of manoeuvring and individual confrontation over mass-level conflict). In that sense, while the endgame will almost certainly be a 'Revolution', it'll likely be a much more intimate, personal one that alters the ways in which our leads perceive themselves, each other and the world as opposed to a drawn-out military conflict (much like Utena, which is always a good example to follow).

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Some isekais seem to take up an interesting anti-elite critique as a bit of an allegory to real life politics, but the solution always seems to be just institute a meritocracy because the oligarchs were preventing the brilliant people among the disadvantaged from rising up. It's always a little sad when that is the happy ending for the underclass

last edited at Dec 6, 2020 10:05AM

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I'm wondering if the prince is being manipulated into believing her lies as she seizes power, or if he's in on it too. Plus he's got a little cabal of the most powerful heirs in the kingdom. If she's really that good at manipulation that's pretty ominous about what her intentions are.

None of the above, actually. In a rare subversion of the standards for this type of story, she's actually an innocent victim. There's a whole long explanation for what's actually going on with her, but I won't spoil it here.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Some isekais seem to take up an interesting anti-elite critique as a bit of an allegory to real life politics, but the solution always seems to be just institute a meritocracy because the oligarchs were preventing the brilliant people among the disadvantaged from rising up. It's always a little sad when that is the happy ending for the underclass

Or in Twelve Kingdoms, put up with the system while making it a bit nicer, because the system was set up by an untouchable god.

(Though since it's based on some idea of early imperial China, it's ostensibly already a meritocracy, civil service exams and divine favor and all. One that's ruthlessly egalitarian in basic land ownership, too. Helps that overpopulation cannot happen.)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Character development already, this is just so hype

To reply you must either login or sign up.