Forum › Her World discussion

joined May 17, 2011

First of all, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the chapter. =)

About the discussion on the "open-endedness" of the story, I don’t really feel it is as open as everybody is complaining about. I will leave my line of reasoning below:

If you go back to Ch03, pg 95, last panel reads:

Natsuki– “Why?”
Natsuki – “Did you change your mind?”

Then Ch03, pg 102, last two panels read:

Natsuki – “Since I had thought you wouldn’t write any more for me,”
Natsuki–"That it just couldn’t happen.”

Next Ch03, pg 103 first panel reads:

Hikawa –“That’s because… I didn’t hate it”

And finally, in the second panel of the same page you can see Natsuki’s surprised face.

In conclusion that to me is proof enough to know where things are going. And if you added to the events of Ch04 then it is pretty clear they are together. Also, and this is just from personal experience, but people who write tend to be shy and not very proficient in putting into SPOKEN words what they feel. So, the fact that Hikawa did not reply to Natsuki’s “I love you” is not that big of a deal for me, as I see it her actions carry more weight (i.e. continue to write and show her writing to Natsuki, went looking for her on their field trip, oh yeah… and the sex… can’t forget that bit)

And on the subject of the typos… well… I am dyslexic and 90% of the time I don’t notice those little details. So keep up the good work and thanks again =)

last edited at Jul 2, 2013 3:01AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Aw man that was hard, even suffocating to read.
Now I want to cry till I read a happy ever after extra coz the end was kinda confusing

last edited at Jul 2, 2013 5:15PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

today, while re-reading this, i noticed how spendid is the first smile of hikawa, at pag. 133,

there's no need to talk about an open-ending, that smile explains all (even before their night together)

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Bittersweet, would like more of a direct confirmation of mutual feelings (even tho if it was pretty clear as it is).

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

The way I understood it is that Hidari did have a crush on her teacher, but she knew it was never going to happen. She still likes the teacher at the end and that's why didn't answer to natsuki at the end.
This doesn't mean she doesn't "like" natsuki, it's not that strange that she started liking her, she's the only one who read her writings and was in love with her, maybe she sympathised with the fact that Natsuki loved someone that didn't return her love, just like her with the teacher. Yeah it sounds a little weird, but it's plausible.

joined Sep 20, 2014

I agree with towdd' opinion. So bittersweet. But i was mesmerized by this story of cartoon. I love hakamada mera's manga.

last edited at Oct 6, 2014 11:06AM

SpiderLilies2007
joined Jan 22, 2015

Oh damn what with the ending......i felt sooo...uggh unfinished lol did she felt the same way for natsuki or was that out of pity......her story was....she came back for the devil.....i will see this as "yes" since its represent her feeling. I am glad i read this. Well done translator team.

last edited at Jan 22, 2015 11:36PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I always had the feeling that she very sneakily caught herself a devil, although she was still coping with her unrequited love. I liked the imagery, the use of the story within a story and the kinky aspect of it all.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Aw man that was hard, even suffocating to read.
Now I want to cry till I read a happy ever after extra coz the end was kinda confusing

Maybe Hikawa will learn to love her

last edited at Mar 28, 2017 3:28AM

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

Please please add a "rape" tag to this. That thing about the girl in the story being raped several times by the shadow is seriously triggering.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Please please add a "rape" tag to this.

You can suggest your tag changes by clicking on the tag icon next to the discussion icon.

That thing about the girl in the story being raped several times by the shadow is seriously triggering.

You can stop reading at any point if it upsets you so much, you know... It's your prerogative as a reader, no need to keep subjecting yourself to contents you find distasteful.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That thing about the girl in the story being raped several times by the shadow is seriously triggering.

You can stop reading at any point if it upsets you so much, you know... It's your prerogative as a reader, no need to keep subjecting yourself to contents you find distasteful.

Why so hostile?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I have no idea what you're talking about. Just saying no one needs to continue reading something that they aren't enjoying just because they started...

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Why so hostile?

lol

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Thanks Yuri girl for this! It was really, really sweet. I think I've read part of this years back, finally finished it.

Isn't it rape attempt? I was expecting something way worse, but I guess it's enough to keep people sensitive to that thing safe.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

The way I understood it is that Hidari did have a crush on her teacher, but she knew it was never going to happen. She still likes the teacher at the end and that's why didn't answer to natsuki at the end.
This doesn't mean she doesn't "like" natsuki, it's not that strange that she started liking her, she's the only one who read her writings and was in love with her, maybe she sympathised with the fact that Natsuki loved someone that didn't return her love, just like her with the teacher. Yeah it sounds a little weird, but it's plausible.

Honestly my gut feelings goes with this, but I want it to be a happy ending uhhh.. So conflicting uguu

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This was a mesmerizing read. Different flavor of yuri and creative use of story-telling to highlight Hikawa's feelings. When the shadow turned into Natsuki in the second part, that was pretty exciting to see. The fact that the imagery was reinforced throughout made me happy to see. I think by the third part it's clear Hikawa's feelings have changed, considering how she rewrote the chapter.

I cringed so much each time Natsuki threatened Hikawa with blackmail but at least she recognized when she went too far. I guess in retrospect the assaulting scene doesn't look quite as bad, but in the moment it was quite cringe-worthy. If Hikawa hadn't liked it, and even if she didn't hate it, it could have been so much worse.

The last page is a pretty happy one all things considered. "It was painful, but that's all over with, so it's much better now. Both her world, and being in love with her, are my world", Natsuki says, while reading another part of the story Hikawa's presumably writing for her. It ends with a calm feeling. I just hope their communication improves cause even if Hikawa doesn't like talking as much and all that, they've got to still be able to commmunicate somehow without more misunderstandings. I did like that the mangaka did a decent job at exploring a character who doesn't express herself with spoken word and whose thoughts are revealed instead through written, metaphorical imagery, which I relate to.

Another thought is I liked how casually female sexuality was depicted throughout, in a completely natural way without shyness or anything. In Hikawa's story too, it's clearly linked with passionate, deep, sometimes even empty longing and so it's a nice break from the pure, fluffy, scandalous-hand-holding yuri.

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

Another thought is I liked how casually female sexuality was depicted throughout, in a completely natural way without shyness or anything. In Hikawa's story too, it's clearly linked with passionate, deep, sometimes even empty longing and so it's a nice break from the pure, fluffy, scandalous-hand-holding yuri.

Yes, and I am also in the love-the-art camp.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

that was cute and depressing

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

I love this manga but know full well that if I'd read any of my high school classmates' shitty horny fanfics, I'd have been dry as a bone

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

That was a fun read. I had a blast posting what I think about it in my dummy

Man when would I write a proper review xd

To reply you must either login or sign up.