joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh nice this is still releasing

Shame I don't know where I stopped at it

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

I get the feeling this is misdirection, guess we'll see

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I own the tanks for this and I'm not going to include any spoilers except to say this story is not going to suddenly going to turn into a different kind of story 2/3 of the way through.

I love these idiots. And don't blame Mahiro for shooting her shot,

joined Jun 12, 2019

Ohh??

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Aww, Mahiro's such a nice, supportive, and accepting friend.........WHAT!? Where the hell did that ending come from? It just came outta nowhere. Whatever her intentions are, that quite a cliffhanger

Would you look at this bulldozing home wrecker.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Does no one else think that, regardless of whether or not Mahiro has feelings for her, she's kinda trying to put her on the spot to make her realize how her thoughts come across? Like she's forcing her hand so that she either decides to leave Kaori or realize that her thoughts and refusal to talk about it with Kaori are quite frankly pretty stupid and selfish.

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's Kaori who is "the homewrecker".

She's the one whining about having a pretty young girlfriend to an outsider and wallowing in her terrible self-esteem.

Of course she gets hit on. Who the hell wouldn't try to bag her? She's signaling that she's available and "I'm telling you these intimate details, so could you maybe... Fuck me and console me"? That's how anyone who would be interested in her would take a situation like this.

Whether her friend is serious about this or not doesn't particularly matter. It's Kaori's own behavior that is the problem.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 1:38AM

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Wow. Just like that huh. Okay. Let's get ready to rumble.

LOL I hope she's just joking.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Does no one else think that, regardless of whether or not Mahiro has feelings for her, she's kinda trying to put her on the spot to make her realize how her thoughts come across? Like she's forcing her hand so that she either decides to leave Kaori or realize that her thoughts and refusal to talk about it with Kaori are quite frankly pretty stupid and selfish.

I wouldn't put it this strongly, but yeah. Yukawa-san isn't being stupid or particularly selfish – Memo 12 starts with her musing on the fact that she's never really been in this position before. She doesn't really know what she's doing in this increasingly serious relationship with another woman, and is frightened of hurting Mizuki-san or getting hurt herself. She has a small inferiority complex due to how inexperienced she feels at her age (and given the age gap between her and Mizuki-san), and as a result tends to discount her own worth when set next to her girlfriend.

Mild spoiler: we're about to go into a flashback and see the history of Mahiro and Yukawa-san's friendship, which in turn puts what Mahiro is doing here into context. Mahiro knows Kayoko pretty well, and both likes her and isn't afraid to give her a semi-playful shove when she needs it. It's maybe a little pushy to put it in terms of "or we could date… just joking… unless…", but she's only human. I think it's more sweet than manipulative. One of my favorite things about this very fluffy but calm story is that there are no bad people in here.

Aside from the adult life / workplace setting, what I like best about this story is that it follows the relationship past its earliest steps into the much more treacherous terrain of actually doing the work to build a strong connection between two people, and that while the feelings are big, the drama is pretty small. I love the way the story shows two people, neither of whom are very experienced with relationships or love, who didn't expect to be in the kind of relationship that they're in, just trying to work it out as they go along. It feels very real to me, and the way they consistently treat each other with respect and kindness makes me root for them.

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Whether her friend is serious about this or not doesn't particularly matter. It's Kaori's own behavior that is the problem.

Exactly. People are quick to jump the gun on the "third party" when the termites of insecurity have begun gnawing at the pillars of said home. Guess who let those termites inside: the homeowner.

Story-wise, I think a storm like this is necessary. And I am expecting the girls to grow up and be confident in their relationship.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

I wouldn't put it this strongly, but yeah. Yukawa-san isn't being stupid or particularly selfish – Memo 12 starts with her musing on the fact that she's never really been in this position before. She doesn't really know what she's doing in this increasingly serious relationship with another woman, and is frightened of hurting Mizuki-san or getting hurt herself. She has a small inferiority complex due to how inexperienced she feels at her age (and given the age gap between her and Mizuki-san), and as a result tends to discount her own worth when set next to her girlfriend.

Mild spoiler: we're about to go into a flashback and see the history of Mahiro and Yukawa-san's friendship, which in turn puts what Mahiro is doing here into context. Mahiro knows Kayoko pretty well, and both likes her and isn't afraid to give her a semi-playful shove when she needs it. It's maybe a little pushy to put it in terms of "or we could date… just joking… unless…", but she's only human. I think it's more sweet than manipulative. One of my favorite things about this very fluffy but calm story is that there are no bad people in here.

Aside from the adult life / workplace setting, what I like best about this story is that it follows the relationship past its earliest steps into the much more treacherous terrain of actually doing the work to build a strong connection between two people, and that while the feelings are big, the drama is pretty small. I love the way the story shows two people, neither of whom are very experienced with relationships or love, who didn't expect to be in the kind of relationship that they're in, just trying to work it out as they go along. It feels very real to me, and the way they consistently treat each other with respect and kindness makes me root for them.

I'm sorry, it's quite frustrating seeing Kaori opening up to Kayoko that much and being pushed away like that, and Kayoko's thoughts might not seem like all that selfish, but first of all, it comes across as if she doesn't trust Kaori to not abandon her, even if she keeps telling herself that it's because she's not "worthy" of her or something. I get it, the way I put it is quite harsh, but honestly, if someone is opening up to you and being that kind and willing to listen to you, but all you do is decide for yourself how they feel in their place, then I'd say it is quite selfish. I agree with you though.

Also, I'm sure you noticed I'm not the best at expressing my thoughts, so I have no idea how to say stuff like this nicely.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 2:48AM

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

omg that "gay panic" (SFX) had me laughing way too much.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

The thing about insecurity is the hardest person to approach constructively is the person you're insecure about. I think Kayoko knows she needs to talk to Kaori but her thoughts are probably a bit of a mess when it comes to the topic so it's actually good that she's trying to figure it out first with a friend. I think Kayoko trusts Kaori but her self esteem has always been wobbly so this is just her facing the repercussions of not building up her self esteem. The friend probably knows this too so what she's doing now is a good way to get things going so Kayoko doesn't eventually self destruct. And if she has other intentions, I see no foul. Mostly it's coz I feel the MCs are pretty solid all things considered.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 3:01AM

joined Sep 22, 2015

Yey, Halloween special!! KAYOKO, you are indeed PRECIOUS! <3 I can understand why your friend hit on you, lol.. She just needs to boost her self-esteem!

Can I ask when did Inui-sensei upload this? Btw, thanks Chads for updating so soon!

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Let's be serious. Kayoko needs psychotherapy.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 3:30AM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

She's probably fucking with her as a test but also I'm gonna riot if she's serious

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

I'm sorry, it's quite frustrating seeing Kaori opening up to Kayoko that much and being pushed away like that, and Kayoko's thoughts might not seem like all that selfish, but first of all, it comes across as if she doesn't trust Kaori to not abandon her, even if she keeps telling herself that it's because she's not "worthy" of her or something. I get it, the way I put it is quite harsh, but honestly, if someone is opening up to you and being that kind and willing to listen to you, but all you do is decide for yourself how they feel in their place, then I'd say it is quite selfish. I agree with you though.

I think the thing is, Yukawa-san doesn't trust Mizuki-san to not abandon her. That's what I meant when I said she's scared. Yukawa-san is essentially a slightly less disastrous / more put-together version of the main character from Inui-sensei's Sunday 13:00 (I'd link to it but the forum software thinks I'm spamming when I try???) – shy, low self-confidence, deeply conflict-averse. It's cute and funny for readers but it's frustrating as hell in real life (whether you're the person feeling those feelings or the people having to cope with their effects). From a certain point of view it's definitely unfair to Mizuki-san, who is putting herself out there in a way that Yukawa-san can't or won't.

Also, I'm sure you noticed I'm not the best at expressing my thoughts, so I have no idea how to say stuff like this nicely.

No worries. We seem to mostly be agreeing anyway!

I have a lot of sympathy for Mizuki-san, but if it's not obvious, I identify with Yukawa-san. I was once a 32-year-old in a relationship with a 27-year-old and I can understand her insecurities.

Let's be serious. Kayoko needs psychotherapy.

I mean, who doesn't?

She's probably fucking with her as a test but also I'm gonna riot if she's serious

I read ahead a bit (as best I can – my Japanese sucks, and it takes me about 10 minutes a page to come up with a good translation), and Mahiro-san's pass at Yukawa-san is best qualified as a "ha ha only serious" thing. It makes me feel super bad for her, honestly. Unrequited love sucks.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Lol at Yukawa-san for going completely over the top for late Halloween and wearing a costume under her costume. She's such a dork. I love her.

F0c1c7ea6c0d24b021d03256f2c658f6
joined Oct 9, 2019

WAT

joined Oct 22, 2020

Lol at Yukawa-san for going completely over the top for late Halloween and wearing a costume under her costume. She's such a dork. I love her.

I thought it was that she hid her costume under the ghost sheet at the last second because she had second thoughts, and didn't initially intend for it to be seen?

She's the one whining about having a pretty young girlfriend to an outsider and wallowing in her terrible self-esteem.

Of course she gets hit on. Who the hell wouldn't try to bag her? She's signaling that she's available and "I'm telling you these intimate details, so could you maybe... Fuck me and console me"? That's how anyone who would be interested in her would take a situation like this.

In this particular situation I would have to disagree with you. It just seems like Yukawa is likely insecure about dating a younger woman and also thinking about how bad it would hurt her if her and Mizuki were to break up. I didn’t get the impression that she was signaling her friend that she wanted relations with her. My impression is that she’s insecure and was trying to get reassurance or perhaps a different perspective/advice from her friend. Though, she should be talking to Mizuki about something like this in my opinion. But while reading this chapter I never felt that she was implicating “let’s have sex so I feel better”.

last edited at Nov 2, 2020 8:14AM by

joined Apr 6, 2018

In this particular situation I would have to disagree with you. It just seems like Yukawa is likely insecure about dating a younger woman and also thinking about how bad it would hurt her if her and Mizuki were to break up. I didn’t get the impression that she was signaling her friend that she wanted relations with her. My impression is that she’s insecure and was trying to get reassurance or perhaps a different perspective/advice from her friend. Though, she should be talking to Mizuki about something like this in my opinion. But while reading this chapter I never felt that she was implicating “let’s have sex so I feel better”.

I agree with you.

yah it didn't feel like that at all

if this is how someone reads a signal... yo that's bad. HAHAHA i mean assuming it that way naaah

I actually didn't feel any signals at all. But i guess signals on the friend that she is quite interested with her???

anyways

i guess she's just kidding but half meant

You know that trope where all this time she likes her trope. Right that one.

or she's just flat out testing her or joking around

To reply you must either login or sign up.