Forum › The Whimsical Cursed Sword discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

"All of the sudden" is not an actual phrase. It's extremely disappointing that this has to be pointed out.

joined Aug 17, 2019

@Throbelisk If the statement was part of a phrase then you are right, BUT in this case, you are flat out wrong. While the sentence could have been worded better, he is literally saying you cant just show up suddenly. Please Learn English before you make WILD statements like this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

@Throbelisk If the statement was part of a phrase then you are right, BUT in this case, you are flat out wrong. While the sentence could have been worded better, he is literally saying you cant just show up suddenly. Please Learn English before you make WILD statements like this.

It's usually "all of a sudden", but "the" is used occasionally. Mostly by people who misheard the regular version as kids and just kept saying it. Similar to how "toe the line" became "tow the line" for some people.

joined Aug 17, 2019

It's usually "all of a sudden", but "the" is used occasionally. Mostly by people who misheard the regular version as kids and just kept saying it. Similar to how "toe the line" became "tow the line" for some people.

Well yes, but the thing I was trying to illustrate is that spoken English, and written English, are two separate things. In a sentence you can have [ Tim approached the door, when all of a sudden, he heard something crash to the floor ], and that is grammatically correct, where "all of the sudden" would not. BUT if you are TALKING (which Lucas is doing here) then in the context of what he is saying, "all of a sudden" is NOT grammatically correct. Now, like I said, it COULD have been said better, but the only way it could have been worse is if it was "all of a sudden," because then it would NOT be contextually accurate.

joined May 24, 2014

Yo I totally hear dave chapelle or kevin hart whenever sword speaks

joined Aug 21, 2017

You mind?

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Considering the comedic tone we probably won't know anything about JB's past until 20 chapters from now.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'd watch this Antiques Roadshow episode.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I got strong Cromartie High School vibes from this last chapter.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Yuki Kitsune posted:

How is the WTFaIR tag only on one chapter?

fixed.

we are just starting to get back to this one after a bit of a break. hope everyone enjoys it. <3

joined Aug 21, 2017

I like this manga a lot. I can't even tell if the shield guy NOT just being a pervert is a twist or not.

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I was wondering if the shield could take attacks from his back...but it looks like he can handle it

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Yuki Kitsune posted:

How is the WTFaIR tag only on one chapter?

fixed.

we are just starting to get back to this one after a bit of a break. hope everyone enjoys it. <3

Thanks. Yes, it's a very different kind of "wrong" from, say, Dowman Sayman, but I quite enjoy it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Thank god for health inspectors...

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm finding it hard telling some characters apart, but other than that, this is pretty entertaining.

joined Sep 17, 2020

A

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, he still used the hair loss potion.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's a plot?

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

I feel like every love interest so far smells a bit like a fraud - or at the very least like a bother for the poor guy. (And again, shame it isn't yuri. The girls all look so nice. )

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I feel like every love interest so far smells a bit like a fraud - or at the very least like a bother for the poor guy. (And again, shame it isn't yuri. The girls all look so nice. )

Everyone looks nice lol really such an amazing art. Artist is really great

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

With the prospect of a marriage, it does bug me that it is handled this way. I know it was for dramatic effect, but it still bugs me.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

It's a wacky comedy, did you expect actual romance?

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

It's a wacky comedy, did you expect actual romance?

Kidnapping the brother so she could have given him her contract to propose marriage to the sword, or better yet: his sister.

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I dunno why but there's something about the demon king groaning about meetings that I find really funny

Nekohito Gensuke
joined Jun 3, 2020

I'm always imagining that the sword's voice is Chris Rock. It's is so super hilarious. Being so casual and the urban slang. Best fantasy parody, ever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.