Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I really want to like this but the way Yurine is so perfect at everything really gets on my nerves. I hate "lazy genius" characters so much!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Omg! The 2nd chapter already tytytytyTY! the pushing her down and such...and expectantly waiting for a kiss then a bite and lick steam ... ^_^ plus the whole tsundere denial act going on in the story....
And then freckles-san! kawaii!
this is top choice yuri hope it continues its pace :D

joined Apr 1, 2014

I think she's handled a little better than other lazy geniuses. Kurosawa might be able to read a book in a foreign language once and then regurgitate the contents, but she seems completely unable to connect with other people for reasons deeper than just everyone putting her on a pedestal. Miss "Perfect" herself says she's jealous of mc because mc is able to effortlessly form connections with others, and sports girl picked up on how just because she's extremely talented doesn't mean she's suitable for playing on a team. The bizarre way she acts with mc, going from threatening strangling to biting to licking and kissing also shows there's something not quite working inside. Yeah it's still cliche but sometimes executing a cliche well is good enough.

last edited at Nov 5, 2014 2:40AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Aaaaahhhhhh I'm really enjoying this. This is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Great characters, despite lazy genius that usually annoys me, as this one seems a bit more complex than how they are usually (to suddenly switch from ditzy air head to super serious 'i dont think you can beat me' was very interesting + SEXY BITING) and im loving all the other characters. Even the main character and I usually hate MCs. Plus the art is very very nice. I want moooorrre

10698506_356095501219916_3104907167461467085_n
joined Sep 21, 2013

I really want to like this but the way Yurine is so perfect at everything really gets on my nerves. I hate "lazy genius" characters so much!

same but i do love the tsundere girl already :)

'b-baka its not like i love the tsundere or anything

last edited at Nov 5, 2014 4:48AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I think it's still slowly weaving into a plot. So far, the character development is good. We clearly know how each character's personality are trying to be portrayed. I hope the story progresses well.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I think she's handled a little better than other lazy geniuses. Kurosawa might be able to read a book in a foreign language once and then regurgitate the contents, but she seems completely unable to connect with other people for reasons deeper than just everyone putting her on a pedestal. Miss "Perfect" herself says she's jealous of mc because mc is able to effortlessly form connections with others, and sports girl picked up on how just because she's extremely talented doesn't mean she's suitable for playing on a team. The bizarre way she acts with mc, going from threatening strangling to biting to licking and kissing also shows there's something not quite working inside. Yeah it's still cliche but sometimes executing a cliche well is good enough.

Pretty much my thoughts. She demonstrates an amazing memory, which would be enough to get her far in a standardised testing environment like that of Japan's, but that doesn't mean she's "perfect". Not all characters with great intelligence or academic/sporting skill are Mary Sues.

joined Jan 17, 2014

bite, lick, then sorry and keep licking, good lick good lick XD
and Mizuki u should have a good yuri plot to make up for dis or im gonna shoot u :u

joined Mar 23, 2013

I think she's handled a little better than other lazy geniuses. The bizarre way she acts with mc, going from threatening strangling to biting to licking and kissing also shows there's something not quite working inside. Yeah it's still cliche but sometimes executing a cliche well is good enough.

It's cliché but it's entirely possible. This could another case of an high functioning autist or something similar. Most "geniuses" or people with a VERY high IQ tend to be lopsided when it comes their "intelligence". They usually have strong defects as well, usually related to social interactions but not always the case.

I guess it makes sense, to get something of great value some sacrifices have to be made and it's not different when it comes to brain usage/functions. You very rarely will encounter someone who "has it all".

last edited at Nov 5, 2014 2:33PM

joined Nov 24, 2013

It's cliché but it's entirely possible. This could another case of an high functioning autist or something similar. Most "geniuses" or people with a VERY high IQ tend to be lopsided when it comes their "intelligence". They usually have strong defects as well, usually related to social interactions but not always the case.

I guess it makes sense, to get something of great value some sacrifices have to be made and it's not different when it comes to brain usage/functions. You very rarely will encounter someone who "has it all".

Hello :)

Look on Sheldon Cooper from TBBT :P This could be the same example here, but in much prettier form :D

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

If this and Sakura Trick are what "mainstream" yuri looks like, BOY does it move fast! A lot of the stuff in the actual yuri magazines doesn't move this fast (heck, MOST of it, probably). And no messing around with "off screen" kisses either. I can't complain in that department!

It may be cliche but it's a fun ride so far.

joined Apr 23, 2014

For some reason, I'm getting a Touhou vibe from the characters, especially in Ch2.

Rsz_11rsz_029_001_08
joined Jul 8, 2013

I don't think Yurine is a Mary Sue. Not at all. Mary Sues get along with everyone, have people surrounding them all the time (like in harems) and are perfect at everything even if it seems impossible at times. Plus, they never have personality.

But Yurine is always alone. People want to get closer but she emits an aura of, "Stay away from me." Which is most likely why things didn't work out in sports clubs - she couldn't work well within a group: "We would have had to adjust the teams". So she spends her time reading things like Classic literature and memorizing it because she has no proper social skills. And she demonstrates a cold persona in the classroom, but when she's with Shiramine she's really playful and upbeat, something I think is really interesting.

I also think she's so interested in Shiramine because she's almost (or IS) as good as her in academics, has the traits Yurine doesn't, and STILL wants to be like her.

last edited at Nov 5, 2014 6:05PM

joined Mar 30, 2012

What's with the chapter titles? lol. I like how there's those nice moments(that bite haha) in every chapter so far.

joined Apr 13, 2012

this is awesome, i'm loving it! And boy, it's still ongoing... oh man, i'm really excited ~

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I need moreeeeeeee. I'm in love with the art style

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Uhm... isn't anyone seeing the psychotic tendencies? Anyone? I know this is fiction but people normally don't slide their hands across someones throat after holding them down, saying lines like, ''I don't need anyone but you'' and ''I wanted to become you''. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't piss scared when she goes into yandere mode so suddenly and I don't think the author is actually going down this road, I guess it will be more in line with Notes From The Garden Of Lilies - level of drama

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Uhm... isn't anyone seeing the psychotic tendencies? Anyone? I know this is fiction but people normally don't slide their hands across someones throat after holding them down, saying lines like, ''I don't need anyone but you'' and ''I wanted to become you''. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't piss scared when she goes into yandere mode so suddenly and I don't think the author is actually going down this road, I guess it will be more in line with Notes From The Garden Of Lilies - level of drama

We need more yandere in our yuri

Tumblr_inline_nhe8a3uf1f1qd2lvk
joined Aug 15, 2014

I like it although it's a little cliche!! It's funny and I like how Ayaka's very tsundere and I would love to learn more about Mizuki and Moe!!!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This series, too good.

I don't mind the lazy genius trope at all - I'm the hard-working idiot in a family of 7, so I can relate to MC on many levels.

last edited at Nov 6, 2014 11:25PM

joined Jun 5, 2013

Yeah, I'm pretty alarmed by that part. Hopefully this will be addressed as not okay. If it's consensual, I don't care, but as of now...

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

I think it's just to show the awkwardness and social ineptitude that isolates her. I like it more than just being superficially being told someone is weird despite them interacting perfectly normally with the main character when the plot demands it. Kurosawa is actually making off-colour jokes and acting in ways that are definitely odd and come off as odd to everyone in the series (and outside it), so you can see more why people are avoiding her as a person and instead just saying "wow she's such a genius how cool but haha don't talk to her tho".

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

I love it I love it I love it SO MUCH !!!!
This is just likes my casual life, tsundere ,yandere , shy love,...EXCEPT I'm not a genius, I'm a loser, pretty bad behavior.
Anyway, this storyline really exciting, I just can't wait to read more !! ( And I hope there will be some more slight NSFW~, just hoping. )

last edited at Nov 11, 2014 11:41AM

Ava%20baby
joined May 5, 2013

Hi there :-)

The 3rd chapter is available in french (the Miam Miam Team translated it), so if there's anyone who could contact the kawaii team to tell them. I'm french so I guess I could help to translate it in english if nobody understand.

joined Apr 3, 2012

Do you have a link to that chapter? Or does anyone have any links to some raws? Would be much appreciated.

To reply you must either login or sign up.