Forum › Handsome Girl and Sheltered Girl discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga was cute at times, but to be honest I didn't think it was all that great, it's sense of humor is a bit too silly and irreverent, and it ultimately didn't have anything strong enough in the plot to really drag me in. Good art though.

joined May 11, 2018

Lmfao

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

leaving yuri for yaoi
hmm that reminds me some authors

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, I don't think I've seen an ending like that before. Suddenly introducing new characters made me think it was going to get dragged out a bit longer, but, no, it's just for a joke about things repeating

kindasortaprivate
Imhomekiss2_500
joined Sep 4, 2019

leaving yuri for yaoi

het, actually, but I think it would be interesting with this pair of creators.

Naru is an interesting character.

I hope they pursue it.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

leaving yuri for yaoi

het, actually, but I think it would be interesting with this pair of creators.

Naru is an interesting character.

I hope they pursue it.

Where het? Naru never said he was trans

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Traps run in the family it seems... Where can I sign up?!

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Page 4 and I already knew it was going to be a "mistook sibling outing for cheating" chapter. Why is that a trope?

joined Aug 21, 2017

I guess this counts as ending on a high note. I enjoyed this manga.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Page 4 and I already knew it was going to be a "mistook sibling outing for cheating" chapter. Why is that a trope?

Because it actually happens.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

This manga was cute at times, but to be honest I didn't think it was all that great, it's sense of humor is a bit too silly and irreverent, and it ultimately didn't have anything strong enough in the plot to really drag me in. Good art though.

Same. For me, there were only a few chapters that made sense or had a good feel to them. It seemed rushed or nonsensical. This could've worked as a 3 chapter short series. A one-shot even. But 13 chapters ... with a meh ending. shrug Really, it overall could've been a lot better.

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

Haha, I really liked this series. This chapter though? My tears. My tears specifically at that soft kiss, and Ookuma smiling into it.

I will definitely read this again someday. I leave feeling blessed.

PS.: Satomi can step on me any day.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

what is happening

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Same. For me, there were only a few chapters that made sense or had a good feel to them. It seemed rushed or nonsensical. This could've worked as a 3 chapter short series. A one-shot even. But 13 chapters ... with a meh ending. shrug Really, it overall could've been a lot better.

"Rushed or nonsensical" is kind of Mochi's brand but it's a lot easier to overlook when the art isn't leaps and bounds better than the writing (though even then I stopped reading Mochi's other stuff a while ago for this reason).

joined Jul 25, 2020

what a trap..

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Aww it over already? Sad to see it end but it was a good ending, good series actually as a whole, very wholesome as well.

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

I appreciate reading this, it was so cute

joined Nov 14, 2014

Wait we need to see Ookuma's parents! Omake pls!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Omega Deuse posted:

People keep calling the hinted relationship between Naru and Shiba yaoi, but I don't think that's correct. When Ookuma asks them if they're a man, they very explicit say their sex is male. Now, that could just be an artifact of the translation, but it seems like a very specific and unusual wording. They also always appear in very feminine clothes and act in a more traditionally feminine way.

My guess is that Naru is actually trans. or at least somewhere on that end of the spectrum, in contrast to Mizuki who just prefers more masculine cloths both still thinks of themselves as a woman and who gets surprised when people mistake them for male.

Or Naru could be a cisgender male who is simply gender-variant, i.e. diverges in his behavior and/or gender expression from the norms for masculinity and femininity (which is not limited to transgender people) by having a decided preference for adopting a very feminine appearance while not putting much thought into what label he should identify with, and he's acknowledging the fact that he's diverging from gender norms.

For your information, the Japanese line that Naru said is "まぁ 性別上は". Japanese doesn't actually differentiate between "gender" and "sex" in its native vocabulary, using 性別 for both (although it seems to primarily mean biological sex); the only available alternative for when distinction is necessary is ジェンダー, a transliteration of English "gender".

joined Sep 13, 2020

AAAAAA THIS IS THE BEST

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Wait it's over?!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Or Naru could be a cisgender male who is simply gender-variant, i.e. diverges in his behavior and/or gender expression from the norms for masculinity and femininity (which is not limited to transgender people) by having a decided preference for adopting a very feminine appearance while not putting much thought into what label he should identify with, and he's acknowledging the fact that he's diverging from gender norms.

Yup. That's what I meant by "on that end of the spectrum" and why I used 'they' instead of 'she'.

For your information, the Japanese line that Naru said is "まぁ 性別上は". Japanese doesn't actually differentiate between "gender" and "sex" in its native vocabulary, using 性別 for both (although it seems to primarily mean biological sex); the only available alternative for when distinction is necessary is ジェンダー, a transliteration of English "gender".

That's good to know. So they might not have been making as much of a distinction as I initially thought.

joined Jul 19, 2020

the siblings rly said: reverse

Welp of course it's her brother,
I can't believe i didn't see this coming -_-

While it's not unexpected, I did sort of jump out of my chair at the revelation.

Ya guys dont know the true power of cosplay

https://twitter.com/Rei_Dunois/status/1224271190212014080

....NANI?!

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Yaoi

To reply you must either login or sign up.