Forum › Roid discussion

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

This chapter was way better than it had any right to be. A really well-drawn fight scene, various characters coordinating their talents, your whole big shonen affirmation of identity, a tragic villain, some neat hacking warfare, and a couple of very nifty parallels between characters and reflections upon the main theme. I gotta hand it to the author for wrapping stuff up so elegantly, though it just makes me wish more than ever that this was a longer series that could really delve into the implications of it's world and society whilst fleshing out the antagonists. There is so much promise and potential to be found here, a virtual ocean of fun concepts coupled with great, subtle execution, so the fact that the next chapter is the last really breaks my heart.

Smallpred
joined Jun 29, 2015

A friend of mine got me to read this recently

lo and behold, here is chapter 9!

overall I liked the story. Can't wait to see how it ends.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I love how Anna and Yui have same instincts when it comes to problem-solving. Yui encountered an immovable object! Solution? Build a cool robot arm out of scrap. Anna encountered an unstoppable force! Solution? Build a cool robot arm out of scrap! If it works, it works.

joined Jul 8, 2019

that credits page ending goes straight to the Evil Overlord List

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Last three pages feels like the author suddenly recalled (s)he was supposed to actually make yuri but all the other chapters were already printed...

... but anyway, I liked this a lot. Even though the ending turned out to be way less dramatic than anticipated, with how heavy it tried to be towards the middle :P

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Shattered

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

And so it ends- not with a bang, but with a resurrected android reminding us that this is a yuri series. All in all, this was wrapped up much more elegantly than you'd expect, and I had a good time reading it. Hope to see more from this author in the future.

Seispritearmor
joined Sep 27, 2014

Dang, wish it didn't end so soon

joined Sep 6, 2018

May this be licensed for publishing overseas so I can buy it... a good series (a little short—but I’m not looking for an ‘Alita Battle Angel’ length story).

A sequel would be nice but I’m sure author has better ideas to flesh out into another story.

Unknown-4
joined Sep 6, 2020

BRUH, Why?
Why are there so many series that just end when the shit is getting good. There's so much more they could've done.
NOW I'M ANGERY
I Guess Now It's Time To Wait For The Doujinshis To Come Out.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 12:11AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Interesting characters and interesting plot. I liked this.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Last three pages feels like the author suddenly recalled (s)he was supposed to actually make yuri but all the other chapters were already printed...

I didn't get that impression, mainly because the Anna -> Reina -> Yui triangle has been there pretty much the start (and hasn't really been resolved by the ending). The yuri is very light in this series, but its amount is nonetheless consistent.

BRUH, Why?
Why are there so many series that just end when the shit is getting good. There's so much more they could've done.

Because original premises don't sell. Here, have a dozen more blushing schoolgirls going "Eh, but we are both girls?!" instead.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I'd say it HAS been resolved. As in, Anna and Reina actually love each other, and the relationships betwen Anna and Yui, or Reina and Yui, are just crushes. Likely mutually requited, but just crushes. So Anna and Reina get each other with Yui's blessings - and the option for threesomes in the fanfics. Best ending.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 7:07AM

joined Oct 2, 2020

Gosh… I am quite extremely pissed off. It feels like yui doesn't even have a role here, it only feels like she's third wheeling real hard. Why end it here too? This is way too goddamn short… my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

joined Oct 2, 2020

BRUH, Why?
NOW I'M ANGERY
I Guess Now It's Time To Wait For The Doujinshis To Come Out.

Yeah… I don't even want to read the doujins thought because this ship just feels weird to me

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Anna (and Yui) and Reina...sittin' in a tree...EFF YOU SEE KAY EYE ENN JEE!

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Sad it had to come to an end, was a pretty solid series ngl, but the ending was nice

joined Jul 23, 2017

Awts it was s nice read

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Nice.

Images%20(7)
joined Nov 22, 2017

I loved this series from the start and I'm so sad cuz it looked like it was just rushed. It really needed to be a long series and with much more plot about relationships. I really don't think Yui was supposed to not love Reina, it was just to be like "ok I don't have space so put whatever"
Feel sad for the author, she really deserved better. I hope we can get more on future

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Thanks for the hard work scanlating.

20210429_051959
joined May 18, 2021

NNNNOOOO THIS WAS TOO SHORT I WANT MORREEEEEE WAAAAA

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

man, this was such a great read. wish it was longer.
and y'know.. poly is always the best answer :D

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Wow i liked this one way more them i expected. Good soft world building, some neat ideias, some yuri, pretty cool.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Wow, this could've been tagged with Subtext, but those last few pages dropped the "L" word and it's like "Boom! Yuri"

To reply you must either login or sign up.