Forum › Roid discussion

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I think I need to point out that there are 4 chapters left for this series.
It definitely axed, but that makes sense considering the story is more like sci-fi drama than a yuri and Yurihime kind of disregard things like this. (Yes, I just realized it was published in YH as well)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, I like the central character drama, but I feel like the attempt to have a plot beyond that was a mistake. The scope is too large and our apparent villain feels like she came from a different series

Screenshot_2020-05-19%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20a%20love%20letter%20for%20the%20marching%20puppy%20ch15
joined Mar 17, 2020

I don't know if Anna wants to be loved like a lover, but let's say that Reina and Yui are the parents and Anna is their child, because Yui created her/ copied her consciousness into Anna, and Reina gave her a name. Like this, there woldn't be jealousy (I think), because Anna is loved like their children

Screenshot_2020-05-19%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20a%20love%20letter%20for%20the%20marching%20puppy%20ch15
joined Mar 17, 2020

anna is the child

reina + yui are the parents

hahahahaha

I agree

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Like this, there woldn't be jealousy (I think), because Anna is loved like their children

I wouldn't want to be considered a child of somebody who is intellectually and memory-wise at best my equal (on account of being the friggin' same person; that doesn't change just because she's a different name now). If anything, they should be considered sisters.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

The plot thickens?

joined Sep 13, 2018

I think I need to point out that there are 4 chapters left for this series.
It definitely axed, but that makes sense considering the story is more like sci-fi drama than a yuri and Yurihime kind of disregard things like this. (Yes, I just realized it was published in YH as well)

Honestly I wish there was (or that I was aware of) agood space for sci-fi or fantasy dramas With a yuri subfocus. Like I like reading stuff with plot beyond like 'oh when will they deal with their misunderstandings and angst and get together', but I also like fun fantasy settings where stuff happens, I just dislike that stuff being weighted by het ships lmao

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Two girls manage to produce an offspring together, but it's cancelled for not being yuri enough? SMH.

Sample_0bc66a359c3af4a24555c4bef5b4c655
joined Oct 5, 2015

So, uh, just saying, but if robotics is so advanced in that world, why can't she build a simple assistive exoskeleton instead of using a wheelchair or replacing her legs..?

Capture
joined Aug 10, 2020

maybe she spent all her money on that fancy chassis that Anna lives in now

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

So wait, was prez the one shown next to Meg at the end? She's appeared so little and typically as a smaller "background" version of herself that I honestly can't recognize her in a close-up. And, on that note, I find it hard to be "wow, omg, what a twist" about this if it is the prez because we know basically nothing about her and her relationships with the other girls are cursory at best. Maybe I need to reread, but I really don't know a thing about her, other than that she has the leave to go somewhere constantly and frequently speaks to the detective alone after group chats.

As for the virus thing, anyone getting Ergo Proxy vibes? Virus that infects machines and makes them autonomous? Hm, sounds sus.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Noooo.... not the creamer!

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So wait, was prez the one shown next to Meg at the end?

The Prez? No, she looked like Reina. Same haircut and color.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Bruh if its Reina istg

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

It's Reina's long-lost (or presumed-dead) twin sister. That one never goes out of style.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

You know, that kind of update system seems kinda flawed

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Pretty neat chapter, I'd say. I feel like this manga had some genuinely interesting things to say and explore about A.I. and consciousness and identity, but didn't get anywhere near enough space to do so in its serialisation run. It's kinda sad to see potential clipped so soon, but props to the author for still creating an interesting cast and themes, even if the end-realization is a bit too simple and convenient and the antagonist is basically a revolutionary who gets treated like a monster-of-the-week. Always fun to see experimental, genre-shifting Yuri manga that put plot and themes first instead of just advertising themselves with cute lesbians in Japanese highschool #76546.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Pretty neat chapter, I'd say. I feel like this manga had some genuinely interesting things to say and explore about A.I. and consciousness and identity, but didn't get anywhere near enough space to do so in its serialisation run. It's kinda sad to see potential clipped so soon, but props to the author for still creating an interesting cast and themes, even if the end-realization is a bit too simple and convenient and the antagonist is basically a revolutionary who gets treated like a monster-of-the-week. Always fun to see experimental, genre-shifting Yuri manga that put plot and themes first instead of just advertising themselves with cute lesbians in Japanese highschool #76546.

I am kind of fed with the A.I as I considering something like Mass Effect was already enough for me to discover what is a personality for a non-organic matter whether it is a living being or tools to satisfy their creators.

"Experimental genre shifting yuri manga that put plot and themes first".
Well, author could've put some yuri undertone on the early chapter of it because there's barely any of it.
YH probably have to be harsh for this one.

So if the author does plan to add Yuri in much longer run, they probably should do it on another magz and definitely not YH.
Not saying YH is a great thing but from what I see, that's how YH editor sees it and how the magz it self probably see the sales. (Pocha climb flashbacks and that one is gay as hell but still get axed but seemingly from either editor or author choices.)
Pretty sure the reader lost interest as well within a single volume with the manga tries to cover some angsty A.I and certainly didn't dig the other main characters story as well.

Lumg21
joined Jan 6, 2020

Not saying YH is a great thing but from what I see, that's how YH editor sees it and how the magz it self probably see the sales. (Pocha climb flashbacks and that one is gay as hell but still get axed but seemingly from either editor or author choices.)

The author of Pocha Climb said on their twitter it was canceled due to volume 1 not selling well, I imagine it was the same for this if it intended to go on longer than the 10 chapters it has.

Not sure if it was canceled or not though, I don't feel like the story has been rushed and it has 2 chapters still to wrap things up.

It is a shame though, it has a real nice style and setting that I'd like to have seen more of.

joined Aug 21, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/roid_ch08#23

"I hate humans. I thought that if it'd be a copy of myself, we'd get along."

Contradiction? Since the speaker is human, and therefore ought to hate herself, she wouldn't get along with a copy of herself.

joined Sep 6, 2018

I agree! This is good stuff! Hopefully a TV series can come out of this material, although there will need some substantial world building to flesh it out some more.

For now, the manga is turning out to be pretty good. Some great themes/topics are being discussed here. Looking forward to reading the rest of this manga to its end.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

.... This is almost Ergo Proxy but like the light version feat school girls, that whole purpose bit reminded me of the raison d'etre bit in Ergo.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

fauce posted:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/roid_ch08#23

"I hate humans. I thought that if it'd be a copy of myself, we'd get along."

Contradiction? Since the speaker is human, and therefore ought to hate herself, she wouldn't get along with a copy of herself.

It's not actually a contradiction. Usually statements such as that exclude the one speaking in contexts such as that one.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Im just waiting for an epic fight to happen

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Since neither Reina nor the mastermind so much as acknowledged how similar they looked, I'm assuming this author is just afflicted with samefaceitis, such a sad disease.

To reply you must either login or sign up.