Forum › Yuru Oyako discussion

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

She's better off without him anyway.

Now she can have sex with her daughter without having to cheat on anyone herself. :P

Out of context this is so wrong (I do agree though, Sue me.)

in context it's wrong lol

the very point is the casual immorality

Morality is completely subjective. Yuuki doesn't think it's immoral, and Sayaka doesn't truly believe it either, so why should anyone else's sense of morality be of any consequence? Millions of people think homosexuality is immoral, and they can all go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

I don't really agree with incest but if they don't have kids, I mean...
Anyway its not real. Its Kinda like horror movies they don't advocate killing ya' know? I read this enjoy it but I don't advocate it in real life.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

That is a strangely young-looking 35-years old man.

I'm guessing he spends a lot of his wife's moolah in his appearance, to make himself look young and fresh for the high-school sluts he dates.

A lot of it can also have to do with genetics. I didn't look a day over 18 until I was already out of my 20s.

Wait... you're at least in your 30s? I swear I assumed you were in your mid-to-late 20s.

Everybody is old on the forum

Lmfao it is true that some of us have been around here for at least 10 years now....

can one of you be my mommy?...or mommies?

joined Jan 14, 2020

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Objective morale philosophies (Kant, utilitarism, etc) to my knowledge are all contentious and competing which as far as I'm concerned just shows that they aren't objective.

Ain't that the utter truth.

Kant was a real piece of work. His childhood was like Carrie's childhood, 'cept he didn't have it in him to rebel. He was scared shitless of touching people, never married, never had sex in his life, slept with his hands tied to the bed posts to prevent himself from masturbating...

He could have used some lessons from Tsuji-sensei for sure.

Two philosophers so completely opposite as Nietzsche and Schopenhauer both agreed that Kant's philosophy was just a fetid pile of thinly-disguised Christian fundamentalism. (Perhaps the only thing on which those two ever agreed...) Honestly, I think they had the right idea.

last edited at Oct 13, 2020 12:39PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

I'm no expert on Kant, but the categorical imperative is a useful idea, even if he applied it in odd ways. He was a physicist too and guessed in 1755 how the solar system formed from a rotating solar nebula. He pioneered democratic peace theory, which is impressive considering there were barely any democracies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_peace#The_Kantian_view_and_its_descendants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant#Early_work lists some of his scientific accomplishments.

OTOH he also helped pioneer scientific racism...

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

OTOH he also helped pioneer scientific racism...

I think that might have been his lesser-known cousin Emmanuel Kunt.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

He was a physicist too and guessed in 1755 how the solar system formed from a rotating solar nebula.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Kant#Early_work lists some of his scientific accomplishments.

To be fair, he pícked most of his astronomy ideas from Pierre Louis Maupertuis, William Derham, Edmond Halley (who gave his name to the comet) and Johannes Hevelius.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

To be fair, he pícked most of his astronomy ideas from Pierre Louis Maupertuis, William Derham, Edmond Halley (who gave his name to the comet) and Johannes Hevelius.

That's generally how science works ;)

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

This talk of Kant actually reminds me of the philosophy course I took in college. The professor was this guy in his mid-40s with a few screws loose, and he would over-emphasize seemingly-random words when talking. The one the class noticed the most was when he would almost yell "KANT!" when talking about him. I'm pretty sure he drank a few dozen cups of coffee a day, so that might have contributed. Whatever the reason for his eccentricity, it was hilarious.

last edited at Oct 13, 2020 11:57AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

There's this comic series called Action Philosophers by Fred van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey; if you have an interest in philosophy it's worth giving it a try, as it's very funny and well-written. Each chapter explains the life and ideas of a different philosopher, with special attention to all the little details that are usually ignored. For example: did you know that Plato was the stage name of a pro wrestler from Aegina whose real name was Aristocles? (Van Lente & Dunlavey draw him as a muscle-bound hulk with a beard and a Mexican wrestler mask, lol.) Two times champ of the Isthmian games, Plato never qualified for the Olympics and his wrestling career went bust. He fell in with Socrates and then with the Pythagorean junkies, and while high on shit he had the revelation of a deeper truth hidden behind the Pythagorean truths: an eternal realm of unchanging forms and pure ideas. At the end of that particular chapter, Van Lente & Dunlavey tell us:

Throbelisk, your story about that professor in your college reminded me of this, haha.

last edited at Oct 13, 2020 2:36PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

How are we even having this conversation without bringing up the classics, anyway?

joined Jul 21, 2020

This makes perfect sense and I'm amazed some people don't get it.

joined Apr 6, 2019

And what have you been smoking?

joined Jul 21, 2020

And what have you been smoking?

Just a few sherms, why?

joined Jun 21, 2018

I knew this guy was useless, but my god is he a douche! Keep him out of this!

last edited at Oct 17, 2020 3:49PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
joined May 24, 2014

Who is sayaka talking to?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The readers. To be fair, most of the context for some of these pages comes from the tweets they're paired with (hence why I opted to have an author's note in the first set).

Avtest
joined Jan 13, 2020

To add some context, the Twitter caption for that one was "I want to clear up misunderstandings". The original picture was very popular on Twitter, so I think Taiyaki wanted to clarify their relationship for those people.

edit: Oops, didn't see the new page!

last edited at Oct 17, 2020 4:41PM

Lmao what is going on in this comment section

joined Oct 10, 2016

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

At first I thought Sayaka had just fallen asleep here, but it appears she's beginning to accept the inevitable (while publicly denying it all, of course).

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Why the heck is my browser offering me a google translation from Welsh on chapter 10.15?

joined Mar 15, 2015

Why the heck is my browser offering me a google translation from Welsh on chapter 10.15?

I've been asked the same thing, too, both here and on other series. I don't know why, since I don't see any Welsh text on the page.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I've been asked the same thing, too, both here and on other series. I don't know why, since I don't see any Welsh text on the page.

Hey! Gimme the damn mount already, you skinflint!

last edited at Oct 17, 2020 7:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.