Forum › So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or? discussion

joined Sep 13, 2020

Love how you're acting indirectly like it's all Saeko's faultfor the relation and a certain person has not her fair amount of problems. Like, we know nothing on Senpai in a relation with Miwa and we act like she is a better choice just because she love Miwa back then. Who said it's still the case ? Who said their relation will be better ? Who said Miwa's problems won't bring that relation into the same state ? I rather see Miwa ans Saeko trying to figure out their relation and maybe take a break time to think about it.

I agree with this. I can't believe someone actually said they're okay with cheating at this point. Saeko does not deserve that. Nobody deserves to be cheated on.

They be acting like Saeko is an abusive girlfriend... She didn't force herself on Miwa, the worst thing she's done is be dishonest.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i'm definitely not into cheating. nor do i blame saeko for the state of their relationship.

saeko is just very frustrating to me. miwa isn't perfect either, but some stuff about saeko really bothers me personally. i don't think i'd want to date her, knowing what we know as readers.

i guess the realism of this comic gets to me a bit. it feels like i've experienced a lot of the stuff they are struggling with. a sign of good writing i suppose...

joined Jan 20, 2016

is it okay to say i prefer her over saeko?

uhnn, me too
they are undeniably cute together

Love how you're acting indirectly like it's all Saeko's faultfor the relation and a certain person has not her fair amount of problems. Like, we know nothing on Senpai in a relation with Miwa and we act like she is a better choice just because she love Miwa back then. Who said it's still the case ? Who said their relation will be better ? Who said Miwa's problems won't bring that relation into the same state ? I rather see Miwa ans Saeko trying to figure out their relation and maybe take a break time to think about it.

I dont think Saeko is at fault at all. And i dont think she deserves to be cheated on. (wtf guys?)
To me theres a few things to consider.
Saeko is dealing with some personal stuff right now, that is throwing their relationship off. For as long as she is unable to deal with it i dont think it's going to get better for them.
On the other hand Shiho only left because she had to get away from her toxic home. It seems this was her time to heal and grow and that she only came back when she knew she was ready do deal with her feelings.
So while Saeko is at the high of her breakdown, Shiho is already past that stage, shes already "the best version of herself" and shes ready to give and receive love.
(and honestly... it seems like Miwa likes Shiho more than Saeko, i said it)

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 12:33PM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Waowzers

joined Mar 29, 2019

For a while it was like, I don't know where they're going with this, is it cancelled? And now they've built up so much depth on what happened before that it's like really good now!

It started off as a coy lesbian story and now I'm hooked on every page! Author-san has done well.

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

smh, smh, smh...

Saeko

last edited at Sep 17, 2020 7:09PM

joined Aug 21, 2020

I think if the story was about Miwa and Shiho and the were images of Shiho out partying or like fucking some random dude or girl while ignoring Miwa texts. While Miwa is alone in a dark room crying because she is being ghosted by her best friend and crush, the tone here would be very different. Being ghosted by someone you consider a close friend super sucks.

To me some of you guys seem pretty easily manipulated by what you're shown and judge very harshly. There is a reason why Shiho has a tragic backstory. She is set up to be endearing
and look like a better match, but she can still turn out to be an egoistic bitch.. we don't know yet.

Saeko has obviously been bullied (judging from chapter 19) before for her lack of femininity thus embracing her "tomboyishness" as defense and come to hate her femininity to the point of something which looks akin to body-dysphoria. The thing is that she herself is not really aware, and due to it worked for her before, she is bottling her problems away. She is afraid of being her true self, because in her mind, that means rejection. She is just starting to have to deal with this problem to be able to grow as a person, while we get to see Shiho already on her path for growth. I think it's unfair to already decide who has most potential for Miwa.

In the original short story, Miwas and Saeko's relationship was shallow and it was just great sex. In this one its the opposite, their sex is shit while they seem to have pretty strong feelings for each other. Frankly here the issue isn't that they are incompatible, the are just very incomplete as people and wouldn't fit in any relationship really. At least in case of Saeko.

So regardless if their relationship lasts or not, if they can learn to communicate better, they are perfect in terms of helping each other grow as people imho.

Edit: mixed up names.. doh! thanks for pointing it out.

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 11:34AM

joined Jul 16, 2020

I'm so confused, why are you guys talking about Miwa and Rika? I thought this discussion was supposed to be about Miwa and Shiho or am I missing something?

last edited at Sep 18, 2020 11:28AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

^ Some commenters got the names Shiho and Rika mixed, that's all.

If they write about the girl on whom Miwa had a crush in high school, the one who has just returned after two years, then they mean Shiho.

(Of course, if the real Rika actually started dating Miwa... wowzers. Jeanne is right: that would be the hottest thing since hot was invented.)

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The way the story is going, I suspect tmfly plans to eventually pair Usshi and Rika.

That's just imho of course, but you know how Usshi is always taking care of Rika and is so good at it? In romantic manga, that's usually code for "will get together in the end" (even more so in yuri).

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This series is really emotionally draining. I've realized there's not very many fluffy, feel good moments. The author is great with cliffhangers and ending hooks, as well as generally resolving the immediate situation in the following chapter, but those constant cliffhangers and heavy content are this story's biggest strength, weakness, and now something I mildly dislike.

I hope there's a long break between this release and the next one.

Anyway, regarding the actual chapter, yay cool, Shiho's backstory. Hate third-party entrances as a way of introducing relationship conflict, even worse if it's a high school/childhood crush, but the sequence of events that leads to us sympathizing with Shiho was well-done.

Smol%20dankkonata
joined Oct 10, 2018

That whole flashback chapter I was struggling to differentiate Miwa and the new girl, wish they looked a bit more different at that point

Cx1o7fdveaadzpu.jpg%20large
joined Apr 24, 2017

Honestly I ship her more than with Saeko, I think it would be a better relation for Miwa

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I love the dialogue between the characters, the teasing and friendly banter is just so real and flows perfectly

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

I'm probably the only who prefers Shiho to Saeko. Also probably the only one who would be 100% fine with the break up.

Nope, there's at least two of us.

Make that three.

And now it's four B-]

make that 5 ;-;

Half of me wants Miwa to end up with Shiho. So make that 5 1/2. :3

Okay, so there's at least 5.5 of us who's 100% fine with Saeko and Miwa breaking up.

joined Oct 1, 2020

So i really like saeko, and im like why shes a fucking dick head. After reading from ch1 - current for the third time it hits me shes like my so down to the T. i kinda think they can work this out only been together for 4 months they are still learning about each other. sex is fucking weird okay like always weird. my so didnt like me touching them at first either i didnt touch them during sex for half a year. being jealous and insecure so early is normal. with a little work i think they can make it

joined May 17, 2020

Wheres new chapter? Is this a puse between volumes or?

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Wheres new chapter? Is this a puse between volumes or?

Akiba Detectives pretty much update at their own pace. They've only made a few other updates since the last chapter of this, so we'll probably get the next chapter without having to wait, like, several more months. And I think there's one more chapter left of this volume.

The wait is torturous, though, especially after such a significant development. Haven't seen Saeko in a couple months...

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Okay. I got volumes 3, 4, and 5 raw and I can read somewhat. So if you're curious and don't wanna wait...

The next chapter is the last one in volume three. I'm a little fuzzy on the details because I haven't re-read it in a while, but Miwa and Shiho catch up. Shiho apologizes to Miwa again and I think she says she's going to try to be better or something.

All I really remember is at the end, Shiho asks Miwa to "go out" with her and Miwa is stunned and asks how Shiho means it. And Shiho says something like, "What do you mean, what do I mean? We could go to a bar, we could play darts..." etc examples and then the book ends with Shiho saying, "And when you get tired, we can stay in a hotel" looking very sly.

The next volume starts with Miwa and Shiho again but there isn't much of them together, which I was very sad about. Saeko is fine but #teaminukuma anyway. Miwa lies and says she has work early so she can't go out and spend the night at a hotel. Then it's clarified that Shiho didn't mean anything sexual lol and it ends with them exchanging Line usernames. And that's basically it for this volume until the very end where that very loud blonde girl, Rika, takes Miwa's phone and sends Shiho a message, which Miwa understandably panics about. It's fair game, though, cuz Miwa and Saeko break up in this volume.

Volume five has a loooot of them together. Shiho responds to the Line message Rika sent and I think invites Miwa to Okinawa?? I am not sure where Shiho lives, but it's somewhere tropical where they go diving. And Miwa actually goes!!

The big thing that happens is that Shiho only has one twin bed basically so they have to sleep together. Miwa gets super nervous and winds up telling Shiho that they shouldn't share a bed together, I think, and then confesses that she's gay. I couldn't read exactly what Shiho said in response, but she was fine with it. And then I couldn't super read this next bit, but I think Shiho says something along the lines of "It's not like you ever liked me" jokingly but Miwa makes such a sour, nervous face that Shiho is like "oh fuck" and Miwa is like WE SHOULD GO TO BED and they do lol (edit: it's actually the reverse--Shiho says let's just go to bed for now and Miwa agrees kinda panicky

Then there's some gay stuff like Shiho taking Miwa diving the next day and them holding hands underwater. And Shiho remembering the times she felt weird around girls, including that time in high school when she wanted to kiss Miwa. It seems that she didn't know the feelings she experienced were romantic, and she thinks "Maybe I do like girls". So it seems this whole time, Shiho hasn't had an ulterior motive/hasn't consciously seen Miwa that way until now. She sees Miwa asleep and thinks about kissing her again and wonders if they could actually date.

Later that night, MIWA CONFESSES AND IT'S SO ADORABLE. She tells Shiho she likes her and wants to be her girlfriend even though she's just her kouhai. She says she's always liked her, since high school, and I think she says she always will. Shiho asks her to give her some time to think about it. Edit: misunderstood. Miwa says I don't want to be your Kouhai, but your girlfriend. Also Shiho is really freaked out at this part and gathers that Miwa is going to confess

Then the next day, they hang out at a cliff top overlooking the ocean and... Shiho says she can't date Miwa. The specifics are kind of lost on me because kanji, but she does at one point say she loves Miwa. But also that she doesn't have courage, I guess to date her? She says a looot of things, most of which I could not read. But the main gist is, Miwa keeps trying to make them work at first but then she accepts that Shiho won't date her. And then she goes back home and it seems like that's the last of Shiho. They're like... friendly with one another at the airport, but idk that they'll be okay or the same after that. Edit: at the airport, Shiho tells Miwa to hit her up if she's in her area again and Miwa says likewise, then realizes that Shiho probably won't go back because of her family

I really thought they'd get together. All this time, she was just a plot device... Miwa and Saeko start hooking up once Miwa gets back home but it seems like Saeko may have a crush on her coworker who already has a girlfriend. Didn't read much of that part.

Edit: Spent a little more time looking at Shiho turning down Miwa and it seems she was too worried about societal pressure. "In high school it's fine to date another girl but what about after that? Do you tell your friends, the people you work with? Some people are nice, but a lot of people are cruel." Something like that. Then she says she loves Miwa but she can't handle all that. And Miwa says she was happy to hear Shiho's feelings.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 11:36PM

^ FUCK I wanted a Miwa X Shiho rebound since I found out that Saeko and her broke up. Well I hope that isn't the last we see of Shiho regardless if they later get together or not. But damn it does make me kinda bummed that Saeko and Miwa couldn't get it together. ALSO HOLDING HANDS UNDERWATER? DOESN'T GET ANY GAYER AND ROMANTIC THAN THAT. Ah and thanks for the spoilers, I've been madly searching for the raws and could never find past
30 or something.

last edited at Oct 23, 2020 7:58PM by

20230514_183407
joined Mar 24, 2015

Well I hope that isn't the last we see of Shiho regardless if they later get together or not. But damn it does make me kinda bummed that Saeko and Miwa couldn't get it together. ALSO HOLDING HANDS UNDERWATER? DOESN'T GET ANY GAYER AND ROMANTIC THAN THAT. Ah and thanks for the spoilers, I've been madly searching for the raws and could never find past
30 or something.

Sure thing! I was so desperate to know myself that I got the books shipped from Japan ahaha (that's how I got raws lol). I'm also really hoping we'll see more Shiho, but their goodbye felt very final. Also you meant Shiho up there, yeah? I'm sad they couldn't get it together either :(

Well I hope that isn't the last we see of Shiho regardless if they later get together or not. But damn it does make me kinda bummed that Saeko and Miwa couldn't get it together. ALSO HOLDING HANDS UNDERWATER? DOESN'T GET ANY GAYER AND ROMANTIC THAN THAT. Ah and thanks for the spoilers, I've been madly searching for the raws and could never find past
30 or something.

Sure thing! I was so desperate to know myself that I got the books shipped from Japan ahaha (that's how I got raws lol). I'm also really hoping we'll see more Shiho, but their goodbye felt very final. Also you meant Shiho up there, yeah? I'm sad they couldn't get it together either :(

ahaha I see only way to get the rest of the raws huh. But damn if Shiho and Miwa's goodbye felt final, I hope it's a temporary one. And no I meant Saeko and Miwa, since I was rooting for them to work through their relationship problems, I guess they couldn't do it after all, though yes I'm also bummed that Shiho and Miwa couldn't get together either. Honestly I feel bad for Miwa in all of this, especially when looking at the author's twitter previews, girl looks depressed as hell, she just wants some love :(

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Saeko is completely insufferable. I'm not gonna read the wall of spoilers, and I know it's not likely to happen in the end even if there's some drama going on for a while, but Miwa would be a lot better off with the new girl, and viceversa.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

meh, I want the main couple to break apart tbh, it's agonizing to see them stretching and adjusting all that shit

joined Jul 16, 2020

After rereading the whole manga until this point, I only have this one thing on my mind:

Why is everybody being such a fucking bitch to Miwa??

To reply you must either login or sign up.