Forum › The Skirt Sings at the Landing discussion

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Thought it was chapter 5 at first and was really confused as to where the rest was

joined Jul 22, 2016

ive never been so interested in ballroom dancing in my life-
short haired friend... you have done a bad move. (from the 0.5 chapter, i assume short haired friend likes MC?)

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:10PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

It's always so funny when a manga is like "she's so tall", but it turns out she's only like 170cm.

joined Jan 3, 2020

It's a pretty stereotypical plot ("I didn't think it was okay to do X until she came along and told me it was okay to do X"), but it seems nice. The art is good, and the characters seem decent, even if they're a bit on the young side (I prefer high school romance stories over middle school; I think it feels a lot more believable - though maybe this is just because I had a horrific time in middle school).

It's always so funny when a manga is like "she's so tall", but it turns out she's only like 170cm.

I mean, they appear to be like 14-ish (she's a second year in middle school and the black hair girl is a first year in middle school). That's pretty tall for that age, right?

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:16PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Feels like a new hit or not... As you said this trope is not original but art is cute and dancing is cool ... Kinda feels like a love triangle will comme if it becomes popular maybe it will have enough drama to become an anime like Citrus

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:20PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Yeah "MC overcomes the totally existent pressure to not be traditionally feminine in order to be traditionally feminine" is not really the stirring coming of age tale it keeps being portrayed as.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

It's a pretty stereotypical plot ("I didn't think it was okay to do X until she came along and told me it was okay to do X"), but it seems nice. The art is good, and the characters seem decent, even if they're a bit on the young side (I prefer high school romance stories over middle school; I think it feels a lot more believable - though maybe this is just because I had a horrific time in middle school).

I mean, they appear to be like 14-ish (she's a second year in middle school and the black hair girl is a first year in middle school). That's pretty tall for that age, right?

They're in high school.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Asking her to dance right off the bat huh? nice.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

It feels like it's going to be poetic. Loving it so far (:

joined Oct 9, 2011

Do we have a dance tag?
Cause if so, this should have it added

joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah "MC overcomes the totally existent pressure to not be traditionally feminine in order to be traditionally feminine" is not really the stirring coming of age tale it keeps being portrayed as.

That's definitely a trope I hate, as I've said several times in these forums. I wouldn't really say this is a case of that though, it seems more like she's just insecure about being kinda tall.

joined Jan 3, 2020

They're in high school.

Uhh... alright. I guess it's just the art style then because they certainly do not look it. Her height also isn't very odd for high school (equivalent is 5ft 8in). Yeah, it's a bit on the high side, but I doubt she would have even been top 3 women in my rather small high school classes.

Statistically, average is a couple inches lower over there, I think, but it's not -that- different.

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:32PM

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Her height is slightly taller than average but not insane

Im really feeling this incoming “love triangle” tag tho

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

tHe tOMBoY wANtS tO Be cUTE

joined Oct 27, 2018

Uhh... alright. I guess it's just the art style then because they certainly do not look it. Her height also isn't very odd for high school (equivalent is 5ft 8in). Yeah, it's a bit on the high side, but I doubt she would have even been top 3 women in my rather small high school classes.

Statistically, average is a couple inches lower over there, I think, but it's not -that- different.

I know it's Japan, but It's not like it's impossible for a Japanese girl to be taller than 170ish centimeters, but that's almost always where the tall girls in manga fall. It's just kinda chuckle worthy. Especially since they never really look it, they usually look taller. Most notable in my mind is the manga Lovely Complex, the main girl is said to be around there as well but she looks more like six feet tall.

Off-model%20ishibashi-san
joined Aug 20, 2018

They're in high school.

First of all, I'd suggest basing judgments on what school they're in on, you know, what they actually say, not on how tall you imagine they should be. Second of all, the average 17-year-old girl in Japan is 5'1". This is the weirdest and most baseless thing to complain about.

joined May 1, 2015

I am just here for the hand holding.
Don't @ me, I know I am a pervert.
I am looking forward to the next chapters

joined Oct 27, 2018

First of all, I'd suggest basing judgments on what school they're in on, you know, what they actually say, not on how tall you imagine they should be. Second of all, the average 17-year-old girl in Japan is 5'1". This is the weirdest and most baseless thing to complain about.

Chill, we're just talking, you seem to think we are making a bigger deal about this than we actually are, I know it's hard to parse out tone in text but I assure you, this is a neutral conversation.

I am just here for the hand holding.
Don't @ me, I know I am a pervert.
I am looking forward to the next chapters

We're all depraved hand holding obsessed perverts here

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 6:50PM

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Feels like a new hit or not... As you said this trope is not original but art is cute and dancing is cool ... Kinda feels like a love triangle will comme if it becomes popular maybe it will have enough drama to become an anime like Citrus

god i hope not. I dont think it needs a love triangle or to be Citrus-like in drama style.

Feels to me like short-haired childhood friend might like her but has a complex of some kind that prompted her to ditch her for another partner without explanation. A stupid move if she does like protag-chan.

i have good hopes for this main couple as the dynamic between them feels so good.

Img_20200808_002009
joined Apr 28, 2020

This art style sure resembles Liz and the Blue Bird's

Or maybe, it's just me?

last edited at Oct 14, 2020 7:57PM

joined Feb 22, 2018

Japanese girls are on average about an inch shorter than their Western counterparts and those statistics are probably outdated. And that's a mean average. Based upon statistical distribution there should be a number of girls that are near the mc's height. It's a poorly executed conceit by the aurhor.

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

Art is really nice on the eyes, seems like a wholesome story as well! Will definitely keep up with this one

joined Jan 14, 2020

Kiki is 172 cm. Beginning of school year, 2nd year, so Kiki is probably 16; 1st years would be 15.

https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/

Kiki would be 93%ile among 15yo girls, with 1 in 14 taller. If we give her an extra cm, 94.9 %ile, taller than 1 in 20.

172 is probably enough for her insecurity when she wants to be a follower while dancing with girls. A bigger number might match the art better. She's being drawn as a head taller than other girls, which I think would be 15-20 cm difference. Given a 15yo average of 162 cm, +15 would be 177 cm... 98.9%ile, 1 in 100 level. +20 cm would be 182cm, 99.868 %ile, 1 in 760.

Zzzz
joined Nov 18, 2019

Yuuup tall bottom and short top

joined May 29, 2019

cute

To reply you must either login or sign up.