Forum › F.U.S.S.A discussion

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

In the last page Delphi is saying “I am home!”

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

That's it? ;_; No kiss, no outright confession? Mou...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

RPPuzzle posted:

That's it? ;_; No kiss, no outright confession? Mou...

I think the last page suggests a kiss...

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Hell yeah! If they move to America, they can get married! This story is a pog!

THIS!

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

The last panel. awww <3

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

At the end, the thing that happened... was it what I think happened?
(And the thing I think happened is: Delphi returned to Fussa.)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Wasn't that obvious? No other way to see that ending.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Also, how come no one of us used the opportunity to make a joke at page 18 panel 5?

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 6:10AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You're insane. You only wasted your time doing something nobody even asked you to do or cared about in the slightest and all you accomplished was spamming thread with useless stuff. Then again I probably shouldn't be surprised, since spamming forum with things nobody gives a fuck about is your main way of spending time.

Also even if someone actually wanted to read Japanese parts translated into English in original Japanese, did it ever occur to you that, they would just read the fucking raws instead of looking for someone translating english translation back to japanese using google translator?

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Not to mention that the entire translation (not done using Google translate) is available on /u/, so this effort was not only... perplexing in its motivation, but also completely pointless as someone else already did it, and more properly than this.

last edited at Jun 2, 2019 10:22AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Fine, both of you have good points, so much so that I find it difficult to disagree.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Spam deleted.

BV, seriously never pull a stupid stunt like that again.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Lovely story. I love how the process of learning languages is used to emphasize their love for each other.

last edited at Jun 3, 2019 12:00AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

The author liked that this manga was translated!

Is there a specific tweet for that? Hard to pick it out among the Nintendo/Precure/Aikatsu/MLP fanpersoning.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

The author liked that this manga was translated!

Is there a specific tweet for that? Hard to pick it out among the Nintendo/Precure/Aikatsu/MLP fanpersoning.

Yes

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

robblu posted:

Yes

I'm pretty sure they were asking for a link, not simply a yes or no answer.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

^Wasn't that obvious? No other way to see that ending.

Eh, being really generous, you could suggest that maybe they're just hugging...Extremely closely. I mean it's pretty much the same thing at that point. If you hug so close your hips are pressed together, that's a lover's embrace. Friends do that "lean into the hug" thing, usually.

But really the entire thing is romantically coded throughout. You don't make Romeo and Juliet comparisons casually in a short story like this. When your two main characters from different cultural factions are held seperate against their will while comparing themselves to R&J but wishing for a happier ending....Yeah, that's a romantic story.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Back on Sunday, the 10th day of my school trip, just before going to sleep, I felt like reading checking on Dynasty Reader and reading some yuri. Unfortunately, that night we were to sleep on the bus, taking an overnight trip from Venice to Podgorica. I thought "Dammit, I wish we took a break already..." but then I remembered "Wait... I still got the text of F.U.S.S.A. on my phone's notepad!". That way, even without internet, I got my daily dose of yuri. Coincidentally, just earlier, on the 9th day of the school trip, we visited (the surprisingly boring) Verona, where we saw Juliet's house, and I remembered that Romeo and Juliet was an plot element in this story. I even very briefly said and explained that to one of my friends while we were waiting for two of our other friends at a local pizzeria. All in all, F.U.S.S.A., which I hadn't read in months, had something of an important role to play in my mind during the last few days of the school trip. I had been itching to re-read it since returning from the school trip (on Monday), but only ended up reading it now, and it’s as beautiful as I remember it. Dammit, why isn't there a sequel?!

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

This is a gem and I am so happy I found it again !!

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Well she did say she was gonna be back

joined Jan 14, 2020

"When your two main characters from different cultural factions are held seperate against their will while comparing themselves to R&J but wishing for a happier ending"

Not to mention the "lovers separated by a wall" element from Pyramus and Thisbe, a story spanning from Ovid to Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream, as well as providing the plot DNA for Romeo and Juliet itself.

Even if they're not sucking tonsils right away, they will be.

Icon
joined Jul 6, 2018

I've never seen the involvement of the american military in yuri stories before :o

joined Oct 22, 2018

^ IDK exactly where, how and what, but there must be an oil joke in here somewhere.

joined Oct 2, 2019

the fact that I read this manga now, the time when I finally got interested in learning more languages. And a bit frustrated with some of them, right now Im stuck

Before I also thought "why is it really necessary to learn another language?"... I thought it was meaningless... I didnt even have the motivation to study english at my school, all we learned was verb to be lmfao

But this read was what I needed. Not a big of a deal, but it made me happy :) And also for the protagonist as well hahaha

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 1:06AM

Cat1
joined Jun 19, 2020

I really hope she wasn't trying to learn English from the original Romeo and Juliet. It'd be a miracle if anyone could understand her.

Yes

To reply you must either login or sign up.