Forum › She Becomes a Tree discussion

Cash Money Franz
Asdfasdasdfsdfsdf
joined Jan 13, 2020

This whole "plantlady" thing reminds of my grammar school years when professors called us "treefellas" and we painted an impressively large and even more impressively terrible picture of "Cannabis Indica Incarnate" for our school exhibition. Never thought a Yuri manga would make feel nostalgic for the good 'ol gopnik pothead years when all I needed was homegrown devil's lettuce, OCB papers and a bottle of plum spirits that someone's grandpa destilled illegally. I miss my childhood...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Might as well just call her a dryad instead of weird human hybrid.

Dryads are nature spirit thingamajigs, she's an unfortunate human afflicted with a bizarro Swamp Thing disease.

Not exactly what I'd call the same thing...

Fb_img_1519001452689
joined Feb 14, 2018

i've just thought kisaki should name her son deku so he'd become the deku tree

TheDudeThatExists
Screenshot_20200407_211356
joined Feb 21, 2020

How can every chapter be so goddamn cute?!

51f904c379c04da9bb57683f48e645a5
joined May 3, 2020

Aww, she's so precious <3

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Nene posted:

I guess the joke is that it sounds almost exactly like: "Kiminaru, ano musume"

Ki ni naru, ano musume: She becomes a tree, that girl

Kiminaru, ano musume: She concerns/interests/attracts me, that girl

Kininaru, actually. Kiminaru roughly means "become you".

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Aaaaaaaaaaaa the little flower omg

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

This manga probably won't go there, but this is a good set-up for wholesome, consensual tentacle sex. Just saying.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Press X to Jason

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

That was adorable

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Is it me or is it every time Kisaki-san is happy and sprouts a flower, those flowers are getting bigger and changing shape?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

On a completely stupid side note, Kisaki-san suffers from a "tree" disease. That got me to wondering if she has to deal with termites or pesky critters that mistake her for a tree. if so, what does she do to deal with it?

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it me or is it every time Kisaki-san is happy and sprouts a flower, those flowers are getting bigger and changing shape?

She's getting gayer and gayer.

joined Jul 26, 2016

On a completely stupid side note, Kisaki-san suffers from a "tree" disease. That got me to wondering if she has to deal with termites or pesky critters that mistake her for a tree. if so, what does she do to deal with it?

Applies garden-variety insecticide from the corner store probably. Or just squishes them, what with that fluid shape and generally many orders of magnitude greater ability to flexibly respond to nuisances than proper plants boast (those are mainly down to chemical countermeasures which as per the usual predator-prey arms race their major pests are varyingly resistant to).

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Bugpope posted:

This manga probably won't go there, but this is a good set-up for wholesome, consensual tentacle sex. Just saying.

That sounds like a good way to get some really uncomfortable splinters to me.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

lots_of_sprouting

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Applies garden-variety insecticide from the corner store probably. Or just squishes them, what with that fluid shape and generally many orders of magnitude greater ability to flexibly respond to nuisances than proper plants boast (those are mainly down to chemical countermeasures which as per the usual predator-prey arms race their major pests are varyingly resistant to).

I'd expect regular showering to be pretty effective too, since most insects aren't going to like the soap and the running water+scrubbing will probably dislodge most of them and their eggs.

The real question is whether or not she has to deal with bees, or other pollinators, and how she feels about it.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

I'd expect regular showering to be pretty effective too, since most insects aren't going to like the soap and the running water+scrubbing will probably dislodge most of them and their eggs.

The real question is whether or not she has to deal with bees, or other pollinators, and how she feels about it.

If she is visited by pollinators..would a cross-breed of her pollen and another flower of similar species create any offspring? Also the thought of bees creating honey using the nectar collected off MC is very odd let's not go there.

Webp.net-compress-image
joined Aug 15, 2020

^regret posting the above

joined May 4, 2013

Next time I see a Mandragore root I'm gonna think of this character.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Aww, she's so precious <3

Because they are Sappy

Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Also the thought of bees creating honey using the nectar collected off MC is very odd let's not go there

Well, the flowers mostly sprout from the end of her hair so all the bees gonna get is keratin?

Btw, this reminds me of that one nsfw LN of a girl isekaied into a dryad and giving birth to an offspring as a result from her constant intercouse with a female weed/mushroom with the blessing of the moon goddess?? I won't recommend that novel, its too disgusting for me as the protag is too okay with other creatures/people collecting her nectar

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder if she's limited to flowers only or can she also grow fruits, like apples?

Im%20gonna%20fucking%20cry%20koyuki
joined Nov 5, 2017

bruh this is so FUCKING cute

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

If/when they get married, would wedding bouquets be in bad taste?

To reply you must either login or sign up.