Forum › She Becomes a Tree discussion

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

Oh no, I know exactly how this will end and it's going to be horrible.

At the end, Chishiro's gonna get bullied again and but Kisaki will be nowhere to be seen. Her shoes will get thrown into a tree and she'll flash back again to when she was younger and Kisaki helped her. Only now Kisaki IS THE TREE and the branches creak and manage to give the shoes back to Chishiro before she freezes up permanently. If the author wants to stab us extra hard, she'll freeze up with her branches curved to shape a heart, and then maybe the spot becomes famous for new yuri lovers to visit in hopes of making their relationships blossom, with an Old Lady Chishiro telling the legend of the heart-shaped tree to a some younger girls.

Calm down there Satan

"Calm down there Satan" Fucking killed me lmfaooo

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Haley Joel Osment could see dead people. I can see Bad Yuri Endings. It's my curse. I've been taught to always expect the worst.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Y’all think she grows flowers down there?

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Thats not really bad, just tragic. A bad "yuri" ending would be the boy from the flashback joining their office to get revenge. He manipulates them and makes Kisaki think he and Chishiro are in a relationship. This causes her to fully transform into a tree and he abuses Chishiros sorrow to actually start dating her. After geting married and buying a house they arrange for the tree to be moved to their garden. Except he swaps it with another and makes a bed out of the real Kisaki. They make lots of babies on the bed. 10/10, depressing as fuck, [everyone hated that].

joined Jul 26, 2016

Probably closer to grass. Though those tend to have their own little flowers too come think of it...

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

Thats not really bad, just tragic. A bad "yuri" ending would be the boy from the flashback joining their office to get revenge. He manipulates them and makes Kisaki think he and Chishiro are in a relationship. This causes her to fully transform into a tree and he abuses Chishiros sorrow to actually start dating her. After geting married and buying a house they arrange for the tree to be moved to their garden. Except he swaps it with another and makes a bed out of the real Kisaki. They make lots of babies on the bed. 10/10, depressing as fuck, [everyone hated that].

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

joined Feb 18, 2015

She's been pining for you for years!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Can we please go back to tree puns?

Apparently the title is a pun. Courtesy of u/Krazee9 from reddit:

The title of this series in Japanese is a pun. "Ki ni Naru ano Musume" as written with the kanji they use is indeed "She Becomes a Tree," however when spoken without any text cues it could also mean "I'm interested in that girl."

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I guess the joke is that it sounds almost exactly like: "Kiminaru, ano musume"

Ki ni naru, ano musume: She becomes a tree, that girl

Kiminaru, ano musume: She concerns/interests/attracts me, that girl

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

So it was rigged from the start.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Haley Joel Osment could see dead people. I can see Bad Yuri Endings. It's my curse. I've been taught to always expect the worst.

Yes, but he couldn't see them before they actually died!

last edited at Aug 21, 2020 11:32AM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

So, she starts flowering when she's "excited." So, when they actually do it, will they need a bee?

They cross-pollinated a lot after that. ^_^

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Probably closer to grass. Though those tend to have their own little flowers too come think of it...

hope she doesn't have the crabby ones

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

What kind of flowers do you think she makes bloom? Some random species or a brand new one?

Finding Jessica Lambert
joined Jun 20, 2020

This is very nice and cute. Idea is amazing.
I think many people who are different from standards in sexuality or gender can relate to this tree girl. Struggles are real, it does not matter what the difference is, and manga is showing it.

And it's really funny to see how people really are questioning "what's growing down there"
Very realistic responses from readers for such a "fantasy" about tree people.

last edited at Feb 23, 2023 12:27AM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

"I'm becoming...someone's tree."--Katherine Hepburn. "Really? What kind?"--Barbara Walters. (Often misquoted.)

If I become one it will be a sitka spruce.

Img_1096
joined Sep 29, 2018

Whoa calm down there Satan 99999x

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Here, there are no tree tops....... just an OL top

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

random posted:

So what you're saying is that rather than shaving she has to mow the lawn?

joined Jul 26, 2016

random posted:

So what you're saying is that rather than shaving she has to mow the lawn?

I motion for Chishiro to become a grazer. (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

Aww, she's sprouting flowers again.~ This is starting to get wholesome. <3

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

They're putting chemicals in the water that turn the fricken trees gay!

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Hiding her flowers behind the leaves is pretty adorable.

Sdgd
joined Aug 22, 2014

Once more, the tree blooms happily after its brief period of hydration.

joined Jul 22, 2014

Might as well just call her a dryad instead of weird human hybrid.

To reply you must either login or sign up.