Forum › Ayakashiko discussion

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

For a split second, I thought that thermometer was a pregnancy test and was very confused.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Sent to hospital because of a 38 degree fever? Eh, I guess everyone is different but that does not sound that bad generally speaking.

Also Mahoro just phase shifted what

From what I understand, hospitals do a lot of routine care in Japan. Can't confirm for real though. On the other hand, around these parts if you're upper middle class and above (family income over 200 or 250k), you probably have taken your kids to the hospital for fevers. I swear, all my coworkers go to the doctor for everything!

joined Aug 15, 2020

for real though, if these are all death flags and it ends with Majoro dying early like her grandfather, but even earlier because her spirit power is stronger, I'm gonna lose it....even if it's all like "well, now she can join her Ayakashi friend 'for real'" or if they pull something like her suddenly loosing her ability to see them, "because she's grown past it"

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

DO NOT MESS WITH MY FLUFF, AUTHOR!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Sent to hospital because of a 38 degree fever? Eh, I guess everyone is different but that does not sound that bad generally speaking.

Also Mahoro just phase shifted what

From what I understand, hospitals do a lot of routine care in Japan. Can't confirm for real though. On the other hand, around these parts if you're upper middle class and above (family income over 200 or 250k), you probably have taken your kids to the hospital for fevers. I swear, all my coworkers go to the doctor for everything!

Heh I see, well I suppose it varies from place to place as it does from person to person!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Please don’t end this with a depressing finale.

Ohdear
joined Jul 12, 2017

I'm definitely seeing a "she's going to lose her ability to see spirits, but now she has human friends too" ending. And I'll be entirely made of salt if that happens.

joined Jul 26, 2016

inb4 it's Sixth Sense but gayer

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

If Mahoro's been a ghost this whole time, I'm demanding my money back. Which is $0, but still.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

What if she's actually in a Madoka situation, and she's a Goddess that's been trapped in a fake universe by one of the group

joined Jul 26, 2016

What if she's actually in a Madoka situation, and she's a Goddess that's been trapped in a fake universe by one of the group

but who was phone?!

it's totally Kii whodunnit

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 5:20AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I'm definitely seeing a "she's going to lose her ability to see spirits, but now she has human friends too" ending. And I'll be entirely made of salt if that happens.

I will second and third that salt. Though I doubt that'll be the ending, since it doesn't mesh with the direction of the story at all.

Dying young and 'living' with the gang after death, though? ... well, that's a dangerous flag the last chapter raised.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Just had a horrible thought: if Mahoro dies, wouldn't Emi be unable to see her and the others anymore? Because the only reason she can do that now is because she's sharing a bit of Mahoro's spiritual aura, which only works if they're the same height (which seems to imply it requires physical, living bodies). I really hope it won't take that turn...

last edited at Sep 1, 2020 11:44AM

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Just had a horrible thought: if Mahoro dies, wouldn't Emi be unable to see her and the others anymore?

That's exactly right. Though Emi can still see shapes of spirits

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

no.. no NO NO NO NO NO NO

oh- nvm.

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 3:47AM

20265099_331371470609667_965795103732342855_n
joined May 28, 2017

Owari?
I wanna see Mahoron's wedding with Emi :)

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

MAHORO NOOOOOO

Edit: Crisis averted

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 2:15AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

Oh gosh I can't believe it's over. Such a fantastically lovable series. I cried )': but good end!!

Divalshfgd_400x400
joined Jan 18, 2017

Darn subtext. I want to see kissing!

3baa1ab64dd532b6adbdcf6b46497e76
joined Mar 25, 2015

Iunno, I felt it was a very weak ending to a very good series. I still love it overall but the last few chapters were not the best ones by far IMO.

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 2:57AM

joined Jun 5, 2020

So now that this has ended, how yuri was this? and how sad/happy is the ending?

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...Well that was some incredibly pointless drama there at the end.
I tend to hate drama even when it's contextually warranted, but this was just unashamedly there for no reason at all. What was even the point of it? Was it just so they could leave the penultimate chapter on a cliffhanger so more people would buy the next issue of the magazine? I can't for the life of me think of any other reason that's even slightly logical.

That was like, 20+ solid pages that could've been used on explicit yuri confirmation and stuff. Instead, all we got was random drama that has no point message or consequence, a cameo from her grandparents who actually just say "leave" and she does, then we don't even get to find out what the hell was going on or why/how it resolved itself.

The random pointless drama even made it so we get nothing with the ayakashi girls in the final chapter! Nene's final line in the series is last chapter's panicked "Mahoro's feet"!

I've loved this whole manga to bits but I gotta be real guys, this was a shitty ending stretch to an otherwise good series.

What if MC lost her powers?
THEN SHE DOES!
JK lol it comes back and she sticks around, dun' worry 'bout it.
The End.

乁( ⁰͡ Ĺ̯ ⁰͡ ) ㄏ

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 3:10AM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeaaaaah, gonna have to agree. Awesome manga, but this last second attempt at drama, only to immediately just go "sikes, happy end" felt lame. I'm sorry.

Ohdear
joined Jul 12, 2017

Well, I half-called it. The ending was a pretty dramatic departure from the general tone of the series, and felt a bit forced, like the author didn't want the manga to "just" end. All's well that ends well, I guess?

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

So... why did this happen? What was going on? Was there a point to this bizarre drama scenario? Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad to have a happy ending because this series is a happy series and it needs a happy ending.

However, because of that it doesn't make sense to have this strange drama scenario and have it go nowhere. We didn't learn anything about Mahoro's powers, there was nothing new about her grandmother or really about anything. It just feels like the author had felt the sudden need to try and scare people at the end, and then went "just kidding!"

Really, it feels like the sort of ending you get when a series is axed, so despite what the author said, I am very suspicious that that is what really happened.

To reply you must either login or sign up.