Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

joined Jan 25, 2017

Yeah. And it's not like Non's the only person in the world who can draw a good Shimamura or Adachi

joined Aug 19, 2019

Who are your guesses for the new illustrator?
I see people suggesting Yukiko Horiguchi (Shiromizakana) because of the similar styles.

I personally think hidari would be a good choice and he worked many times with Iruma.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Awww seriously? Why Non, why??
She mentioned in an interview that out of all the character she has drawn, Shimamura is her favorite. So I can't believe this. Sad :(

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

October ? That's so close kyaaaaaa so excited !!

I'm glad, things had gone dark for a big while so this is a very nice piece of news to lighten my heart, thank you very much for the news @nalm

Also while indeed the art in this series is quite detailed and quite pretty it's not exactly the best as someone said before it's like a nice bonus whenever a nice scene appears but it's not like it's So-bin from overlord where the art is godlike masterpiece one after another lol, ehhh not shitting on the artist or anything there's definitely way, way worse light novel artists but here I am mostly in for the story just want to see Yuri things happen still hopefully someone with a nice style takes over, at least as talented as Non hopefully cuz at the end of the day I do like the art lol I have bought all the volumes even if I'm never learning Japanese for the pictures alone, and supporting Yuri sales of course.

Possibility that next volume has a kiss ? I'd say not very likely at this point but let's see how volume 8 ends.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

I miss AdaShima.

joined Jun 13, 2020

I miss AdaShima.

Same, it’s been over a month. I like to imagine that Snekk has been taking this time to relax and chill, snekk really deserves it after how many updates we’ve been getting over adashima.

But I still check the comment section everyday to see if shadesofgreymoon will grace us with her cackling hehehe.

joined Jan 25, 2017

fans self profusely

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

But I still check the comment section everyday to see if shadesofgreymoon will grace us with her cackling hehehe.

Any delay may be my fault.... my computer's main drive died so I am stuck waiting for a new one to arrive, allegedly sometime next week. As a result I wasn't able to contribute to QC this time around so I had no idea when it would be appropriate to cackle.......

Me
joined Aug 6, 2018

Man, I should really be working on my essay

joined Jun 13, 2020

Any delay may be my fault.... my computer's main drive died so I am stuck waiting for a new one to arrive, allegedly sometime next week. As a result I wasn't able to contribute to QC this time around so I had no idea when it would be appropriate to cackle.......

I LOVE THE WORK YOU AND SNEK DO! Unfortunate what happened to your drive :) I bided my time between chapters ordering and reading the English translations to Adashima so overall it’s a win :D

There in the sky far away, we'd held hands.

Chapter 44, in which Adachi and Shimamura join the mile high club.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Awesome chapter, the air is so scorching here today I almost felt like I was in a hot spring myself while reading, pretty appropriate. I knew from the previous chapter that Yashiro would sneak into Shimamura's bag, she did not disappoint.

The situation is pretty awkward, I feel like there has to be a better balance in how the two of them approach other people, so far it's always felt like Adachi hasn't budged an inch and Shimamura is forced to ignore everything else to focus just on her. In that sense I'm really interested in how her next encounter with Tarumi will go.

@shadesofgreymoon This chapter definitely has more typos than usual, you might want to give it a once over when you're able to.

joined Aug 15, 2020

I don't know, guys...I want to love it, but I'm getting really tired of Adachi's clinginess, especially when it's particularily stupid (like of course others will be joining your group on the trip, what is wrong with you?)
I also can't get over Shimamura treating her like a dog for real, "like a good girl", all those pats on the head (and there's a difference between running your hand through a lover's her and doing that to a pet), all those Gon comparisons, like girl stop projecting your love for a dog on that human girl....
and there's Yachiru (even 10 years later, unchanging, mooching off of everbody) and all the characters just accept everything about her and don't question it at all? Am I the only one who was really creeped out by how she called Shimamura's parents "mama" and "papa"? and everybody was just cool with it? even as a reader we're just expected to be okay with this creature being there for what reason exactly? What am I missing?

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 8:36AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^I feel like Yashiro exerts some kind of influence that makes others take her presence for granted as one of her supernatural traits. Though I don't think what her deal is will ever be fully explained, her mysteriousness is part of the joke/charm.

joined Jul 13, 2014

I love that Shimamura just starts to simply never mind others. It doesn't matter what people think since she's no interest of those around her in the first place. She just acts out of her consideration. And those only matter to her are Adachi and her family after all.

I really miss this novel. I wish volume 9 would come sooner. At least after the anime starts airing would be nice.

joined Aug 15, 2020

^I feel like Yashiro exerts some kind of influence that makes others take her presence for granted as one of her supernatural traits. Though I don't think what her deal is will ever be fully explained, her mysteriousness is part of the joke/charm.

It was fun at first as far as I'm concerned, now for me, it's just starting to really really wear off :\ and I don't even think she particularily adds anything to the story, although I was waiting for her to have some kind of importance.
To be honest at this point, I'm just thinking that I might drop this, wait for the last volume tocome out and read the last chapter and I feel like I wouldn't have missed much....
it's like Oregairu (starting) volume 11 all over again and with the anime starting soon, I fear like they're gonna pull the same shit of announcing a a new (Adashima) volume release by the end of the anime and spoil the whole new volume in a last "extra episode" and every novel after including the new one is gonna be bad and unsatisfying --- but maybe that's just me being way to bitter about Oregairu (and as a matter of fact Suzumiya Haruhi that never even got continued after the anime success)

joined Jan 25, 2017

Surprised at how people are just kinda talking past Adachi And Shimamura's Adventures In Exhibitionism in this chapter. Personally my jaw was on the floor the whole time I was reading it. Shimamura's gotten really gay really fast.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, that sure was a long chapter... I can see why it took longer than usual to release.

Yashiro the living bag. :D I had honestly forgotten about the first chapter mentioning her sneaking along... Was a bit surprised for a moment that Adachi didn't notice her in the bath, but I guess her eyes were otherwise occupied. :D

And Adachi can't stop panicking. :D

In the end, though, they're just adorable. ^_^

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

I don't know, guys...I want to love it, but I'm getting really tired of Adachi's clinginess, especially when it's particularily stupid (like of course others will be joining your group on the trip, what is wrong with you?)

Adachi has yet to defeat the last boss - Tarumi. After that she will calm down, knowing that Shima is all hers.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Surprised at how people are just kinda talking past Adachi And Shimamura's Adventures In Exhibitionism in this chapter. Personally my jaw was on the floor the whole time I was reading it. Shimamura's gotten really gay really fast.

It is one of the best parts for sure, I think the whole way their physical attraction is being gradually explored is pretty heartwarming without it feeling forced or exaggerated. Something I can really commend this series for is how true both characters stay to themselves no matter what kind of new situation they're pushed in emotionally. Although I'd say Shimamura has been better so far since she's the one with the maturity to truly think about things from a wider perspective and thus the way she's becoming more accepting to push certain boundaries feels more satisfying. Adachi on the other hand was the more self-conscious one who wanted to see Shimamura naked and yet she had to be prodded by Shimamura herself.

joined Jan 25, 2017

It is one of the best parts for sure, I think the whole way their physical attraction is being gradually explored is pretty heartwarming without it feeling forced or exaggerated. Something I can really commend this series for is how true both characters stay to themselves no matter what kind of new situation they're pushed in emotionally. Although I'd say Shimamura has been better so far since she's the one with the maturity to truly think about things from a wider perspective and thus the way she's becoming more accepting to push certain boundaries feels more satisfying. Adachi on the other hand was the more self-conscious one who wanted to see Shimamura naked and yet she had to be prodded by Shimamura herself.

I also really loved the scene where Sancho And Pals go all "uh wow y'all are close" when they see AdaShima flirting and Adachi almost outs them both right there. Shimamura's reaction was really good there, it feels like the first time in the whole series where she's been fully aware of how much more important Adachi's become to her than anyone else - the way she panics a little about what other people will think, but also doesn't let that stop her from reassuring Adachi when she goes all "...we ARE close, right?" Good, good shit in Shimamura's head lately.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

There was a weird sentence that I had a hard time understanding in volume 8 chapter 2 Page 80 “How philosophical...”

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Yes, Shimamura, show her your body.

I really am a simp for their love and their love in this chapter was as high as the plane they were on, but oh Adachi you troublesome one track mind girl you, I love you and I know ya mean well, but you really need to stop being so selfish with your requests(I honestly can't wait for the confrontaion with Tarumi that will lead to some more of Adachi's growth) and also give your girl some more affection, I can't believe Shimamura stated that, but she diddddd, I died.
Not to mention-
Shimamura not wanting to totally confirm their closeness.
Also Shimamura asking Adachi in the bath with all their classmates around, if Adachi wants to stare at her body.
Also
While in the bath
Adachi defenseless with her eyes shut hard cuz she's tryin so hard not be gay meanwhile
Shimamura: Hmm yes checkin out Adachi's curves as she pleases
Yeah Shimamura was really gay this chapter and my gayass loved that, thanks for the translation.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It was fun at first as far as I'm concerned, now for me, it's just starting to really really wear off :\ and I don't even think she particularily adds anything to the story, although I was waiting for her to have some kind of importance.

i didn't particularly MIND her til this last chapter. i mean, COME ON who doesn't notice a whole fucking (scuse the language but reading that was really stupid >.>) CHILD in their bag??? and how the hell is she just carrying her around???? i know they mention she's light, but not THAT light, and you CAN'T just hide the angles of her body!! jesus christ lol. it REALLY pulled you out of the amazing mood of that last chapter. really disappointed that was put in there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.