Forum › Roid discussion

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Transistor Venus is great (despite the unnecessary crush - but I think the implication is that she mostly gets over that. In the beginning, she was after girls to practice, but then she saw the light ... ). Also, Sakura no Sakai by the same author is also pretty neat.

Disclaimer: I might be slightly biased :p

C1147d3190ae4c0815cc862bce35952975d3857e072e7b6bef6e34b56d95dd83
joined Nov 12, 2017

lol that last page
this is gonna be fun

joined Dec 30, 2018

Still waiting

joined Dec 30, 2018

Still waiting

Capture
joined Aug 10, 2020

I think I'm gonna pick up this series, so look forward to more updates soon maybe!

joined Aug 10, 2018

Creator, does this unit have a soul ?

joined Jan 22, 2015

I actually forget this existed.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Looks pretty interesting, subscribing.

joined Mar 31, 2013

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Capture
joined Aug 10, 2020

It's bizarre to me how many writers (and people in general) don't seem to view destroying or deleting a sapient intelligence as murder if it's digital.

This writer might, but it's clearly supposed to be like, lesser murder, since its definitely not written as if we're supposed to interpret the two who were okay with deleting her as murdering psychopaths?

We're accidental meat robots built by dumb luck and a lot of time. We should treat our fellow robots with respect, dang it.

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

joined Nov 14, 2013

It's especially interesting that if the copying process works as described in chapter 1, neither Anna nor Yui likely have a full set of the original Yui's memories since it's an Extract-copy-load back to both Anna and Yui, and if Anna's memories are not complete due to imperfect copying, Yui's probably in the same boat (perhaps indicated by the fact that she can't remember where her shirt is).

There's also likely a third version of Yui's brain stored in the computer they used to do the copying unless someone erased it.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Absolutely, I was so indignant when I was getting to that part, Anna deserves better

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

joined Mar 5, 2016

it's literally chapter two, we might still get to that eventually.

ThatdudefromVietNam
T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Jun 23, 2019

Catching some Soma vibes already owo,this has be good

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Consider that people tend to value an original painting more than its replicas...

I like this manga.

Personally, I think It's cool when the hoity-toity art world is fooled by a forgery.

I hope the girl who's always sitting in a chair doesn't get 'roids. (DamnVirusMakingMeWorkAtHomeOnThisComputerAllDay...)

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 8:12PM

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Woah it's been more than a year already!?
I've totally forgot about this manga, I remembered it when I saw the characters. This got me confused for a while, because I didn't read it all over again, I lost enthousiasm.

I'll just wait for other chapters to be released because I'm too curious.

Profile%20picture%20leaaaaaaaaaaaaf
joined Jan 27, 2019

i would argue that uploading a literal copy of a human being into an android would still only make it an android and therefore only a machine but still any actions or thoughts afterwards are its own, even if it had exact memories the choices and action would be it's own because its only based on it's so called "previous memories" and comes from within, at that point it's looking at things from the first person perspective and not just telling itself how to function rather the hardware/software becomes the person. albeit its still a machine by definition because it's electrical response not chemical response which is kinda sad if you think about it.

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

Holy shit. This series needs the Introspective tag. Or at least the last couple chapters. This is amazing.

last edited at Aug 28, 2020 9:44PM

Images%20(7)
joined Nov 22, 2017

I'm so glad you guys picked this up, this series is already so great even in the first chapters. I'm anxious for what will be next!
And feel sad for the self ntr that is just happening
They can make a Reina mind copy for Anna, or they can go to polyrobotlove? Would be selfcest if it's an AI made with your own mind that got rebel? Too many questions

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Interesting series. Anna's situation is heartbreaking on too many levels to count.

She really needs one of the girls to pull through and be "her person" or she's in big trouble mental health-wise

last edited at Aug 29, 2020 7:21AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Getting a bit worried here...

joined Sep 13, 2018

Tbh I kinda like how the angst between Yui and Anna isn't just one sided. Both Yui and Anna have things they want from each other and it's nice grounds for this sort of discussion that doesn't happen often. Still a bit curious on that robot waking up suddenly and seemingly acting with a purpose. Like, a reach here but I wonder if Yui set it off to have an excuse to go 'I had to upload my consciousness!' but something went wrong and her upload went back into the human body too or you can't really just extract a brain's information and leave it dry so we've got two copies of her now.

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

Wait... How did she get on an escalator, with a wheelchair?

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Glad I wasn't disappointed, we're only 3 chapters in and it's already getting good.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Wait... How did she get on an escalator, with a wheelchair?

Given that it's balanced on just the large wheels it's probably possible. Steps should be wide enough; I'm sure that futuristic thing has some sort of out-balance gizmos installed so you don't tip forward or backward ^^;

e: Actually in Chapter 2 it even drives down stairs. That must be ... fun ^^;

last edited at Aug 30, 2020 3:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.