Forum › Kanojo ni Naritai Kimi to Boku discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Whatever.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Chapter title is how I feel after reading most chapters of this.

joined May 4, 2013

I hope Akira dies dysphoric.

last edited at Aug 5, 2020 2:04PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hope we get to see Akira's face after they've medically transitioned or I'm not buying the whole trans thing.

Not everyone wants or even can do that, though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

So is this the final chapter or is there more to come still?

Deus posted:

Hope we get to see Akira's face after they've medically transitioned or I'm not buying the whole trans thing.

That's rather transphobic, you know. As luinthoron pointed out, plenty of actually transgender people cannot or don't want to fully transition for various reasons. Your arbitrary expectations of their gender are not what validates their identity.

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

FINALLY THE YURI TAG APPEARS IT'S ABOUT TIME

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't think any of us expected the yuri tag to show up here after all this time, but here we are.

joined Jan 11, 2018

Well at least they finally confirmed what we all knew from the moment Yukka entered the story.

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

The trans decider has logged on

joined Feb 21, 2019

Why are beautician, teacher and OL the only jobs you’re allowed to have in shoujo manga?

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Why are beautician, teacher and OL the only jobs you’re allowed to have in shoujo manga?

You can also be a florist or work in a restaurant. Maybe a nurse too, if it's a hospital romance. :)

TBH, lot of women in Japan (in the past especially), had short temporary careers, where they transferred from their job to being home mommies in their thirties at latest and many bosses actually expect/ed this. Which is why many of those who just wanted to keep working ran into a glass ceiling.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 6:36AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You forgot failed manga artist / novel author.

Mari from Bright and Cheerful Amnesia is some kind of technician that knows how to weld.
Shimizu from Still Sick is a lead technical engineer.
The Imaris from Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep end up as blue collar workers.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Really, this series is realistic in the sense that relationships will turn out like this, but it's immensely unsatisfying to me from a narrative perspective.

Also the Yuri tag almost seems too much? Does this not qualify for lesbian sidecouple?

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 11:43AM

joined May 4, 2013

fictional characters can, lmayo I'd never ask of that from a real person.

last edited at Aug 4, 2020 12:39PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That manga was so utterly pointless.

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

what happened?

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Welp, there better be another chapter because I want to see who Yukka, the MVP, is marrying. Seriously best girl, I love her

joined Feb 21, 2019

“If this fictional character doesn't confirm to my idea of trans, I won’t accept them as trans, there’s no way this could color how I treat real people at all”

Go away weirdo

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Noooo not the cliffhanger, I'm guessing the next chapter or if there's another after it will be the last one

This manga was great, it was really an eye opener, lately I've been searching for manga/anime that look deeply into these kinda of things, even if there wasn't an inherently fairy tale ending (which in my opinion makes it all the more better)

But I'm happy it's ending with a lesbian wedding, that's pretty cool

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Noooo not the cliffhanger, I'm guessing the next chapter or if there's another after it will be the last one

This manga was great, it was really an eye opener, lately I've been searching for manga/anime that look deeply into these kinda of things, even if there wasn't an inherently fairy tale ending (which in my opinion makes it all the more better)

But I'm happy it's ending with a lesbian wedding, that's pretty cool

I'm glad I'm not the only one. There are so many negative comments here. You might try this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shimanami_tasogare

joined May 4, 2013

“If this fictional character doesn't confirm to my idea of trans, I won’t accept them as trans, there’s no way this could color how I treat real people at all”

Go away weirdo

Eh you probably think people who enjoy Lolicon in manga are dangerous at their core, not blaming you for your inability to separate fiction from reality and going sjw on me. Can we stop this pointless reply chain now.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Go away weirdo

Eh you probably think people who enjoy Lolicon in manga are dangerous at their core, not blaming you for your inability to separate fiction from reality and going sjw on me. Can we stop this pointless reply chain now.

There's a difference between enjoying content some may deem questionable and insisting that certain kinds of people are only allowed to be portrayed in the one exact way you believe is correct. Indeed, it may even be the exact opposite.

joined May 4, 2013

I see now, thanks for opening my eyes. I conclude that I hate everybody equally, because being trans sucks ass either way, and so should being an oppressive cis-het bigot, but guess that's the way it supposed to be. No one should transition successfully, not socially, nor physically. And no one should ever forgive transphobes who changed their hateful ways. And I sure as heck hope we won't see any further representation of trans minorities in manga. Updated my OP

last edited at Aug 5, 2020 2:12PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I see now, thanks for opening my eyes. I conclude that I hate everybody equally, because being trans sucks ass either way, and so should being an oppressive cis-het bigot, but guess that's the way it supposed to be. No one should transition successfully, not socially, nor physically. And no one should ever forgive transphobes who changed their hateful ways. And I sure as heck hope we won't see any further representation of trans minorities in manga. Updated my OP

How the hell do you get from some people can't or don't want to fully transition (and it being OK for this to be the case in manga as well) to no one should transition? o_O

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Still waiting for the title drop

To reply you must either login or sign up.